S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idk man. I just feel like they overdid it on zero ex vegeta's crotch. I get that its accurate to how it really would look in 3D form but I can't help but find it funny lol

Funny you say that. Overdone crotch is the main reason I didnt get the master stars piece vegeta :(

I think it just matters to me. I feel like I can't get a SS4 Goku knowing he doesn't even exist.

It's fantasy, none of this exists.

If you don't want to get a release, don't get it. It's best to make your own choices rather than somebody, or something, making that decision for you.

Idk man. I just feel like they overdid it on zero ex vegeta's crotch. I get that its accurate to how it really would look in 3D form but I can't help but find it funny lol

how do they say this, "get over yourself"?

7rPA7sQ.jpg

nonono, it's grow up :p

@prodigy The question you can ask yourself is what are you buying these for? Are you a fan of canon? Or do you buy them to cherish old memories? (Which is the case with me.) Ang is right in that none of this exists, butbnevertheless I do understand if the world rules mean something to you. However, ultimately, what you're a fan of is yours to decide. If ssj4 goku means so much to you,then an actual official release of him is all the validation you need. Canon or not, the highest quality dbz action figure company decided to officially make him. No one can deny his existence in that sense.... It's simply what you chose as a guideline. Your feelings, canon, bulmas panties or complexer solutions like saying 'GT is an elseworld version'. Hell we KNOW alternate timelines exist, so GT might as well be seen as one of 'm. (And ftr, I ont even like GT, but thats by the by.)

Controversial example: Greedo shot first is canon, whether people like it or not. The prequels are canon, clone wars is canon, as is rebels. Nevertheless plenty of people obviously say gtfo on any number of those things or things they imply. Why? Because of all kinds of reasons.

The point being: you decide for yourself how much canon means to you. But if an official licencer of the franchise in question makes a collectible of it in the line that you collect, then I'd say buy it if it means something to you... Meaning is the only thing that makes fiction real in any way and we always have room to decide tht meaning on personal level.

@Old Prod: with two prodigy's on here I'm now gonna call you 'old prod'.

It's fantasy, none of this exists.

If you don't want to get a release, don't get it. It's best to make your own choices rather than somebody, or something, making that decision for you.

Exists as in exists within the DB universe. Almost like I'm buying a figure of someone's fanfiction.

I get you yeah, I don't want to support DB GT at all so that's my reason not bothering.

Yeah see, you get me. Maybe I'll just get SS4 Goku and then another future release of Goku.

@prodigy The question you can ask yourself is what are you buying these for? Are you a fan of canon? Or do you buy them to cherish old memories? (Which is the case with me.) Ang is right in that none of this exists, butbnevertheless I do understand if the world rules mean something to you. However, ultimately, what you're a fan of is yours to decide. If ssj4 goku means so much to you,then an actual official release of him is all the validation you need. Canon or not, the highest quality dbz action figure company decided to officially make him. No one can deny his existence in that sense.... It's simply what you chose as a guideline. Your feelings, canon, bulmas panties or complexer solutions like saying 'GT is an elseworld version'. Hell we KNOW alternate timelines exist, so GT might as well be seen as one of 'm. (And ftr, I ont even like GT, but thats by the by.)

Controversial example: Greedo shot first is canon, whether people like it or not. The prequels are canon, clone wars is canon, as is rebels. Nevertheless plenty of people obviously say gtfo on any number of those things or things they imply. Why? Because of all kinds of reasons.

The point being: you decide for yourself how much canon means to you. But if an official licencer of the franchise in question makes a collectible of it in the line that you collect, then I'd say buy it if it means something to you... Meaning is the only thing that makes fiction real in any way and we always have room to decide tht meaning on personal level.

@Old Prod: with two prodigy's on here I'm now gonna call you 'old prod'.

I think I'm gonna end up getting it and either SS Goku or a future Goku release. The sculpt is too well made and it's just all around cool. Thank you for this response.

On Vegeta's crotch, he does have a giant monkey sooooooooooo

oh wait...giant monkey FORM :lol

Toei created GT, and Toei owns the Dragon Ball license, so it still falls within the official brand. As proved by Super, Toei doesn't have to adhere 100% to what Toriyama says, b/c he signed that contract

Like Silrian said, SW/Disney/Lucas is a similar example. Sure Lucas created SW, but Disney owns it. Lucas can write a side-story that takes place shortly before ANH, whereas Disney creates an episode of Rebels that contradicts Lucas' side story. Whatever Disney releases is considered "canon" despite what Lucas says or feels about it. That said, who do you personally side with, the original creator's word or the company that the creator sold the license to & legally owns the product?

It's all relative at the end of the day. no one can say "GT isn't canon because Toriyama didn't write it," but Tori doesn't own DB & Toei (or anyone for that matter) never said "GT isn't canon, please disregard it." it's all in the fans' head

& SSj4 is the only unique transformation amongst all the others, so why the hell not :clap

GT sucks that's all there is to it and SSJ4 though cool is still an overrated transformation

f86699234d38f392743319baace5eba2.jpg

Carry on gentlemen, we must now ponder the age old question: How many faces for Majin Vegeta?

I think it just matters to me. I feel like I can't get a SS4 Goku knowing he doesn't even exist.

? -.- Are you F#"$%ing kidding me, right? -.- Ssj4 Goku design and even Vegeta with Mustache and even Pan have and even Yamcha! -.- and even Yajirobe have a better design than All that S"#$t of DBS -.- if they make me choose between a figure from DBGT (any of them what i say) and All that S234t that they already release and even think release! i Choose from DBGT. Yajirobe GT and Ssgss goku+ssgssvegeta+goldenfreeza+beerus+Wish! Just like that. Give me a Yajiroe from GT, i prefer that before all that figures from DBS! -.-

This is also to your answer FSLAR!

? -.- Are you F#"$%ing kidding me, right? -.- Ssj4 Goku design and even Vegeta with Mustache and even Pan have and even Yamcha! -.- and even Yajirobe have a better design than All that S"#$t of DBS -.- if they make me choose between a figure from DBGT (any of them what i say) and All that S234t that they already release and even think release! i Choose from DBGT. Yajirobe GT and Ssgss goku+ssgssvegeta+goldenfreeza+beerus+Wish! Just like that. Give me a Yajiroe from GT, i prefer that before all that figures from DBS! -.-

Opinions, bro. What are you gonna do? I like Toriyama's version of SS4 so much.
dVtoniK.jpg
SSGSS to me is ugly and a terrible color choice. I'm not mad about it though because as long as we're getting every color under the sun, maybe there's a chance we can get the color I've always wanted: white. It would just look so cool. There's a high chance it will never happen but one can hope.

Prodigy, don't mind RkenshinH. That's just him being himself on a daily basis :lol he rages and cries over every opinion that is not the same as his. Also his posts fluctuate from somewhat broken English to ridiculously broken English from a translated page.

I didn't even say anything about DBS, just GT. But I do love that Toriyama SSJ4 illustration very much.

Oh, lol. Well, opinions will change from person to person so it's better to just deal with it. And I know right? There's something about Toriyama's that's different to me. Maybe it's because he looks younger, maybe leaner. He also is using his newer art-style there so maybe that's it.

Has to be the newer art style by far, and it's the hair that draws me in.

Personally I definitely prefer the slimmer design(I actually love the red god form). After the Cell saga, I could never get myself to like the big muscular designs quite as much as I did back in the namek saga

How do you feel about Toriyama's slimmer SS4 Goku design then? To me, SSG was way too bland. I agree on the slimmer form and color but the fact that it was just the normal hairstyle with a different color turned me off from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, it was like a strange kaioken type thing with SSG. Didn't like it much for that reason.

I like both styles, muscular and slim but for SSJ4, the way that illustration is, it looks better. For SSJ1-3, I think muscular works out much better

Back