S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never want to want an sdcc ex again so on that note I'm with Orbital and all other choices that I don't want.:lol

@Blood I switched my display again already and have ditched manga goku entirely.:lol Headswapped swa goku and normal goku. Now theandroid z group upstairs, cll and frieza seperate next to it, and second piccolo namek vegeta and swa goku nonssj downstairs. So partly did what you suggested.

PC vegetas body looks tempting (...)...

Cuz the latest trend is doing a retooled figure for the SDCC exclusive, I hope it will be this version of Vegeta:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Perfect companion of the Frieza Saga Goku and Anime Colors Piccolo.

Holy crap, that is a spectacular photoshopped custom! :clap

Ditto to Orbital's suggestion. It would make sense to go with last year's Namek Goku and it's a slight retool while not encroaching on PC territory. I think the PC's will just be Super Saiyans which I wouldn't mind since we'd get consistency with the hair. If it's not Namek Vegeta's second outfit, it could easily be a modified Scouter Vegeta to have Namek Vegeta's first outfit. Ultimate Gohan with the red gi could work too but I don't think they consider him popular enough. He wasn't exactly a hit release.

I'm still surprised that Tamashii hasn't hinted at a Manga version release of the SDCC Exclusive Frieza Saga Goku. I feel it's a forgone conclusion that it will happen but I'm curious when it will happen. Everything's backwards.

That actually gives me an idea now about the Frieza Saga Vegeta. They could use the darker colors for the SDCC Exclusive and then the lighter colors for the Manga web exclusive. I believe these are proper manga colors for Frieza Saga Vegeta...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm with Angelo. I would prefer the didn't release Majin Vegeta as a SDCC ex because that's out of my price range for a six inch figure. I want to buy three of them at retail price though! Blue Fin never ended up selling Goku from their site, correct?

Awesome pic Orbital, but I hope he's a normal release so I can get multiples.

I'm not entitled to anything though. If they do them as exclusives, I hope they aren't $150.

Yeah, I can't imagine Majin Vegeta being limited to a SDCC Exclusive. That's one of the most demanded releases and I imagine Tamashii would want to profit from all the potential sales.

Majin definitely won't be the exclusive. Sure Tamashii loves to troll but that would be a huge slap in the face to ALL of it's customers. They could however make Buu Saga Vegeta as the exclusive which would suck just as much. I think Majin is gonna be their next battle damage since it's too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Since they've shown that exclusives can have some retooling, either version of Namek Vegeta isn't out of the cards although the second outfit is a more intricate retool so they'll probably just go with the first outfit. It begs the question, what criteria determines whether it's a PC or an event exclusive?

I guess your right Ang! I'm sure we'll get a regular release of that Vegeta even if they do an exclusive. This line isn't going away anytime soon. Although, I thought the reason they pump out Goku's is because they know it's easy money. With the amount of sculpt work they put into Vados and Champa, it's odd since it doesn't seem like they would be massive sellers.

With the amount of sculpt work they put into Vados and Champa, it's odd since it doesn't seem like they would be massive sellers.

that's what I think too. Imagine if next SDCC we see sculpts of Dabura, Androids 19 & 20, and Fat Buu. Actually Fat Buu would be pretty cool.

Those would be fantastic! I'd have to pass on them except for Fat Boo though because I want to keep my collection focused on Goku and Vegeta.
Fat Boo I can either pair up with Majin Vegeta or SSJ3 Goku.

Mine was shipped a couple days ago so I can't speak on in-hand experience but I believe, from previous photos, his skin tone appears lighter due to the contrast in colors.

Majin Vegeta for SDCC Exclusive? Why would they want to piss off a majority of their loyal consumers?

They made Namek Goku as exclusive. I think he's more popular than majin vegeta.

I wouldn't mind a PCE SS3 Goku over the Gulden's Mustard version.

Exclusive Majin Vegeta or not, just release the goddamn thing already. It's like three years overdue.

I never really find the appeal of majin vegeta tbh. The lack of armor was a bad design IMO back then and also I wasnt a big fan of the boo saga. But since many of you like that version of him, it's slowly interest me as well. I'm looking forward to that version SDCC or normal version.

Ditto to Orbital's suggestion. It would make sense to go with last year's Namek Goku and it's a slight retool while not encroaching on PC territory. I think the PC's will just be Super Saiyans which I wouldn't mind since we'd get consistency with the hair. If it's not Namek Vegeta's second outfit, it could easily be a modified Scouter Vegeta to have Namek Vegeta's first outfit. Ultimate Gohan with the red gi could work too but I don't think they consider him popular enough. He wasn't exactly a hit release.

I like this version of vegeta more than majin vegeta. But the crossed arm that will come with this fig can't be used on PCE vegeta as the undershirt is dark blue on Namek vegeta.

Nope :lol

I think back then his death seems cliche as everyone who died could pretty much be brought back by shenlong, so if toriyamas trying to pull a t800 t2 sacrifice moment, he kinda failed, at least in my opinion. :lol

for all the criticism the Boo Saga gets (for various reasons), at least we got to see Vegeta's character arc come full circle with him succumbing to the Light Side of the Force & becoming a permanent Z Warrior

@Hyd for me it's four-fold:

- Aesthetic: I find the simple design, emphasizing only his feet, fists and if ssj, his hair, combined with a sleeveless shirt to be the most agressive outfit in the entirety of DBZ. Which befits Vegeta.
- Practicality: I truly do not see the point of armor ever since the Namek saga. ****ing yajirobe slashed through it with a katana, however special that sword might be (idk). Armor at DBZ levels is pointless and it always seemed to be mostly just pride and culture that kept vegeta wearing it.
- Character Development: sadly debunked by both the tournament forbidding armor and vegetas return to armor in dbs, I still loved the idea the Vegeta literally and figuratively shed his armor in the era where he fully embraced being a good guy: he became an earthling, truly, in the buu era. Apart from ssj3 the only truly memorable part of that story for me.
- Emotion and nostalgia. The look simply remains, even with said debunked interpretation, his most Z-fighterish look. AS WELL as the look in which he broke free of evil permanently. (Yes DBS, you twats, I said permanently). Lastly: this veheta is one of the very few figures I owned as a kid.

I totally get having a completely different opinion. But because I tend to harp on about it, here's a genuine explanation of my fandom anyway.

- Emotion and nostalgia. The look simply remains, even with said debunked interpretation, his most Z-fighterish look. AS WELL as the look in which he broke free of evil permanently. (Yes DBS, you twats, I said permanently).

that's what I don't get. in the clip I posted (Dragon Box ftw) Vegeta clearly & finally admits Goku being #1, and he accepts being #2. However in DBS Vegeta apparently forgets all that & is back at trying to be better than him. that development was thrown out the window, because Vegeta is more fun when he's constantly jealous of Goku I guess ._.

When it comes to character development and DBS, everyone's gets thrown out the window but that's a subject best left for some other time.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

that's what I don't get. in the clip I posted (Dragon Box ftw) Vegeta clearly & finally admits Goku being #1, and he accepts being #2. However in DBS Vegeta apparently forgets all that & is back at trying to be better than him. that development was thrown out the window, because Vegeta is more fun when he's constantly jealous of Goku I guess ._.

The development still there, I think it was in the family vacation episode of dbs that vegeta still acknowledged goku as being better.

Unlock your inner Z fighter

Recent additions:

I enjoyed both figures but found a generalized error in SS Vegeta, these areas were very badly painted, as if they had used a defective or deformed mask to paint it:

Mistake_zpswynsygvr.jpg

That is acceptable in a bad bootleg but not in a collectible figure produced by Bandai.

Those sketchy glove line paints also appeared on SWA SSJ Goku but with his wrist-wraps. I have multiples where the paint is inconsistent.

Unfortunately I think as Tamashii has become more popular and their number of products and licenses (Marvel, Star Wars) has increased, their quality has decreased.

I understand the no armor part, but why the gloves though :lol it just looks corny and like those 90s evening gowns that ladies wear with the long gloves. Just looks a bit tacky IMO.

sdcc exclusive could be the normal, black hair vegeta. While the normal release be majin vegeta. I suppose that'll work better for most people.

Back