S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least it comes with a calm expression purple hair face. That's what I need on my display, so I'm glad I don't need to get the v1 head.

So does this one comes with the correct black pupil yet?

The new Trunks is much worse than the OG for obvious reasons. Less accessories, paleness, lines under eyes, and overall worse paint job. I MAY get one simply to swap normal heads so Trunks can have pupils. I have to see how comparison shots look first. The body could also be used to differentiate between powered up and powered down so there's that too.

Well, at least people that don't have the OG have a cheaper option now. Just sucks that the PC's are overall worse than the OG's. Vegeta was ok except for a few things but this Trunks is just bleh.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

The new Trunks is much worse than the OG for obvious reasons. Less accessories, paleness, lines under eyes, and overall worse paint job. I MAY get one simply to swap normal heads so Trunks can have pupils. I have to see how comparison shots look first. The body could also be used to differentiate between powered up and powered down so there's that too.

Well, at least people that don't have the OG have a cheaper option now. Just sucks that the PC's are overall worse than the OG's. Vegeta was ok except for a few things but this Trunks is just bleh.

i ended up with 3 OGS lol one was to sell but i never got around to it and now that i have a new job he is staying lol.

Untitled.jpg

they did a good job at posing him in such a way as to hide them ugly ass knee joints from the camera.. those cheeky bastards :duff

I wouldn't judge the new trunks as obsolete just yet. Need to see some in hand pics before making that conclusion.
The OG might come with a whole lot more face and hands, but so long as I got the main ones that I need along with the black pupil for the normal face this time around, I'm good.

This with the new saiyan armor trunks will make an impressive display, just imagine 4 trunks ( 2 normal version and 2 SS version) :drool

Last edited:
To be honest seems to me they kept the ssj smirk face for trunks, look at the face below the ssj head that looks like a smirk to me
Just sucks they didn't include the thumbs up
Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I have displayed him with a thumbs up and the smiling normal face before, I won't need it this time around. Especially if that means I get to save bout $100-120 bucks.

i ended up with 3 OGS lol one was to sell but i never got around to it and now that i have a new job he is staying lol.

I've only got 2 but that's all I needed for the display. Now that we've got two different colored bodies though, I may be able to retire one of the OG's as I mentioned for both powered up/down looks.

@Hydeous, that's true but I've seen some pics of it out of the box and it isn't gonna look that much better regrettably,at least not enough to compete against the OG. Either way, the OG will always be superior if not only for the sheer amount of accessories. We'll probably never get that many on a figure ever again.

@Hydeous, that's true but I've seen some pics of it out of the box and it isn't gonna look that much better regrettably,at least not enough to compete against the OG. Either way, the OG will always be superior if not only for the sheer amount of accessories. We'll probably never get that many on a figure ever again.

better believe somebody got fired over that decision :monkey4

View attachment 237651

they did a good job at posing him in such a way as to hide them ugly ass knee joints from the camera.. those cheeky bastards :duff

Doesn't look as glossy in comparison to how he looked in that video shown last week. They probably saw the feedback it got on here. :lol

Then again, someone on here could be a double agent working for Tamashii. My money's on prodigy. Vegta pink shirt avatar + lives in Bulma's panties = perverted Japanese Illumanti spy confirmed. :rotfl

Doesn't look as glossy in comparison to how he looked in that video shown last week. They probably saw the feedback it got on here. :lol

Then again, someone on here could be a double agent working for Tamashii. My money's on prodigy. Vegta pink shirt avatar + lives in Bulma's panties = perverted Japanese Illumanti spy confirmed. :rotfl

Crap, I'm found out.

"Calling Tamashii headquarters. Cancel the line effective immediately. I repeat, cancel the line! They know too much!"

I've only got 2 but that's all I needed for the display. Now that we've got two different colored bodies though, I may be able to retire one of the OG's as I mentioned for both powered up/down looks.

No doubt the OG is superior. But I'd take the PCE any day since you can get like what, 3 PCE for 1 OG ver with the current market price?

The way tamashii release the dbz figuarts pattern is so unlike their usual kamen rider figuarts line. Where the previous version always become obsolete once they release another version.

No doubt the OG is superior. But I'd take the PCE any day since you can get like what, 3 PCE for 1 OG ver with the current market price?

The way tamashii release the dbz figuarts pattern is so unlike their usual kamen rider figuarts line. Where the previous version always become obsolete once they release another version.
Its because instead of making new molds they can just slap a new head or retool a body slightly and all of a sudden have a new character or version of one. It really is about time tamashii stopped that laziness and made new molds for everyone like they are doing with ssj trunks and did with awakening goku, especially with the prices getting higher.

Last year was mostly retools, this year will start better with Beerus and Trunks at least.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back