S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah. I see, thanks Deano.

I think the majority of us will want to get 2 armoured trunks so we could have a hyperbolic chamber training goku. Though I wonder if the neck will be like awakening gokus, since putting the ssj awakening goku head on a normal ssj goku body seems a bit off.

I definitely will end up with 2.

I love this look on Trunks

7dc2159335c588b52039c2b173c63be8.jpg

So I'll swap out this head with the new Trunks and then use the additional body for Goku.

So I've emailed Anime-Island with a very respectable explanation. If they tell me they can't do anything for me I'll move on to trying to customize it is some way. How would I go about removing the peg if warmed with a hair dryer?

Those kind of pegs need a lot of softening to come out, I would dunk the back side into a bowl of boiling warm water. The paint won't fade on these because the joints were probably factory colored. Once you dunk it, let it sit in the warm water for at least 10 seconds, then take it out and feel how the joints feel, if it feels rubbery, that's the sofetening effect result you want and then use tweezers or even a pair of needle nose pliers to gently pull the abs joint out. If you feel that the joints seem to harden again, reheat the water and try again, you don't want to pull it out when the joint is cold because it could snap or warp the groove holding it in, when you try to glue the tail again.

Best to always make the abs plastic soft and spongy as can be for ease of removal :lecture

Unfortunately unless you have superman strength, using a dryer and pulling might hurt your hands because the joint won't soften enough because the groove holding it in is too tight.

Water dunk should do the trick. But it needs to be at a boiling level where you see the steam coming out

Ooh, replicating that pose...very good idea. Especially if Armored Trunks come with a variant of that face (he has the SSJ version)

My awakening Goku is " Out for Delivery " :clap

That's super quick, probably would've gotten it before the weekend if I didn't order it on Friday

Good thing I'm home today

Camera is all charged up , ready for pics :wink1:

what a time to be a dargon ball fan

my thoughts on ep23:
from here on out gohan is officially the yamcha of dargon ball. it's a wrap for him

my thoughts on ep23:
from here on out gohan is officially the yamcha of dargon ball

His downfall is one of the most tragic things to ever happen in DB. He knocked himself out going Super Saiyan...damn. Is being a good dad THAT harmful to a Saiyan's health? It explains why Goku and Vegeta are so damn strong.

Honestly, it's like Gohan did the opposite of the god ritual.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Noooooooooooooo not Gohan :(

He has Goku's blood, you can't be a Yamcha with that! You can't! :(

my thoughts on ep23:
from here on out gohan is officially the yamcha of dargon ball. it's a wrap for him

Actually I'm probably the one of the weakest DBZ fans out there, given I have so many things to collect in different scales, in fact, I haven't collected DBZ since the very first SS Goku from SHF, but when I saw this Awakening Goku, I had to snag it, and when I found out they changed the articulation for something better, it was a no brainer.

So forgive me, for not staying in the DBZ loop :wave

I must say that new Trunks is worth considering, especially if I like this new Goku.

His downfall is one of the most tragic things to ever happen in DB. He knocked himself out going Super Saiyan...damn. Is being a good dad THAT harmful to a Saiyan's health? It explains why Goku and Vegeta are so damn strong.

Vegeta was kind of a good dad to Kid Trunks, while Future Vegeta wasn't (who was weaker and got killed more easily). Hell, when Vegeta was an ass to Future Trunks, it led to his downfall in terms of power.

I blame Gohan's studies as well. Maybe Videl is having an adverse effect.

Actually I'm probably the one of the weakest DBZ fans out there, given I have so many things to collect in different scales, in fact, I haven't collected DBZ since the very first SS Goku from SHF, but when I saw this Awakening Goku, I had to snag it, and when I found out they changed the articulation for something better, it was a no brainer.

So forgive me, for not staying in the DBZ loop :wave

I must say that new Trunks is worth considering, especially if I like this new Goku.
Hey, a fan is a fan, doesnt matter what you collect! As long as you enjoy the content is all that matters, and dont let anyone tell you different.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Vegeta was kind of a good dad to Kid Trunks, while Future Vegeta wasn't (who was weaker and got killed more easily). Hell, when Vegeta was an ass to Future Trunks, it led to his downfall in terms of power.

Can't blame Gohan. He's just pussywhipped.

Sent from my PLT1077G using Tapatalk

Vegeta's actually a decent dad all around. A bit cold but at least he's there for his kid.

It's still inexplicable how Gohan loses SO much power in such a short period of time. Even with the 7 year gap he didn't get weaker. Unless he tried to lose power it doesn't make sense that he's so pathetic. It sucks cuz DBZ for the most part built him up to be the next Goku and now all that development is out the window. Hopefully he'll get his redemption later on but as of now, poor Gohan has met a tragic end. Toriyama nerfed him waaaay too much

Hey, a fan is a fan, doesnt matter what you collect! As long as you enjoy the content is all that matters, and dont let anyone tell you different.

:exactly:

I will say the more detailed and articulated a figure is such as SHF, I try to collect, it costs more, but sometimes it's worth it. So far every figma, SHF I collected from any film and series have not disappointed me over the years.

As for DBZ, I had to pick and choose, too many characters, too many different forms as well :thud:

I will add from the first SS Goku from SHF, I wasn't too pleased with the joint design, I thought it was well detailed but the joints, specifically the neck joint was to flimsy and it kept falling off from the weight, over time the joints got too loose. :slap

I hope this new Goku design is the evolution of better things to come.

You could argue that elder Kai unlocking his potential so fully may have been the reason for his loss of power.

He has essentially wasted his power and let it all go by not maintaining it, which tbh he would have to maintain it since ALL his power was brought out at once.

Vegeta's actually a decent dad all around. A bit cold but at least he's there for his kid.

It's still inexplicable how Gohan loses SO much power in such a short period of time. Even with the 7 year gap he didn't get weaker. Unless he tried to lose power it doesn't make sense that he's so pathetic. It sucks cuz DBZ for the most part built him up to be the next Goku and now all that development is out the window. Hopefully he'll get his redemption later on but as of now, poor Gohan has met a tragic end. Toriyama nerfed him waaaay too much

Yeah that's the strange thing. He didn't get that much weaker by the Buu Saga, considering he went SSJ2 no problem. And DBZ did build up him to be the next Goku, though from what I saw in DBZ, Toriyama could not do much with that (like the Super Buu fight).

It's like Toriyama finds the nerfing funny! Sicko....
Can't blame Gohan. He's just pussywhipped.

Sent from my PLT1077G using Tapatalk
IT's all Chichi's fault, that *****! :cuss:
You could argue that elder Kai unlocking his potential so fully may have been the reason for his loss of power.

He has essentially wasted his power and let it all go by not maintaining it, which tbh he would have to maintain it since ALL his power was brought out at once.

Wouldn't his going SSJ2 as a child have been the same thing? Because at the time, it was said 'Gohan's hidden power was finally awakened' or something. Your argument still makes sense though

uploadfromtaptalk1450120809627.jpguploadfromtaptalk1450120837746.jpg update on collection! Still feel the display with cell and kid Gohan is missing something:/ (other than the kamehameha effect that I can't seem to find lol)

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

my thoughts on ep23:

Wut?:lol
Hey, a fan is a fan, doesnt matter what you collect!
Damn straight, and collectors sometimes need to be reminded of it. Collecting is about having the money, and being fond of the ITEMS you collect and/or collecting things in general. Not a **** measuring contest for fandom [of franchise X,Y or Z].

Regarding Gohan:
1: if you don't keep training you RAPIDLY fall back on performance, and the stronger you are, the more that's the case. Ask any pro athlete or top tier musician etc. Gohan losing his power due to not training is entirely logical.
2: it's the character. He never wanted to be a fighter, he had to. The days that he has to seem to be over. And even if they do appear now, he didn't prepare for them. Which he did do in DBZ, always. Nerdy kid lived in constant fear of war lmao.:lol It's what sets him apart, it's actually what makes him Gohan, that is to say, different from everyone else. He will never be the yamcha, because he doesn't die. If he dies at the start of a battle, THEN he'll be the new Yamcha. (Which is probably the ONLY insult left for Yamcha if you think about it.)
3: Toriyama wants the focus to be on characters who want to fight because they simply love it. That is clear as day. He wants to have people in the spotlight who actually like fighting. Goku, vegeta, piccolo, krillin, tien, goten and trunks all love fighting for the sake of it. Gohan ain't one of 'm.

Honestly, for all the crap you could give Toriyama, this is one character development that just makes sense. The Buu saga was just a Porunga sized **** tease regarding Gohan, but that doesn't change the character.

Back