S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one can get their US version SWA Gokus before I do. :(

BlindLameIndianspinyloach.gif

I felt that Goku was the better of the two. Frieza is lacking. Barely any hands and a non articulated tail. Goku at least comes with a bunch of hands and an alternate head.

To be fair all we've seen so far is the prototype. The retail release could very well have the same teal base with gray shading seen on SSGSS Goku.

To be fair all we've seen so far is the prototype. The retail release could very well have the same teal base with gray shading seen on SSGSS Goku.

SSB Goku's hair was changed to it's current form not to long before his official release. Before, it was just that flat metallic color like SSB Vegeta.

If Goku had the same paint app as Vegeta's hair, I'd love it so much more.

Hell yeah, both figures need to have the same hair. They did change Goku's hair so there's still a chance for Vegeta's to change too.

SSB Goku's hair was changed to it's current form not to long before his official release. Before, it was just that flat metallic color like SSB Vegeta.

Goku never had the glossy hair, all that was added was shading to the finished product. Vegeta's always had glossy and hasn't changed since day one. Both figures have never had the same finish for some reason. Don't know why they're opting to go with two different colors/finishes...it's infuriating to say the least.

Anything can happen

However, 'anything' really means anything with Tamashii at this point :panic:

The promo pics did have that glossy finish but I don't believe the actual prototype ever did. Now that I'm looking at it, Vegeta's is more metallic than glossy and Goku definitely never had that. For this form it would've been the one time that metallic hair would've been a great option. Glad they didn't go with the promo pic look. Something about it reminds me of soap for some reason :dunno

Here's hoping that Vegeta gets the same style as Goku. It's truly an eyesore to have two figures representing the same form having two different paint apps.

i was about to say the same thing as prodigy. Goku had the glossy hair and actually the prototypes had the same finish, i saw it for myself at SDCC, the shading was done last minute for some odd reason, and yes vegeta always had a metallic finish instead of a gloss, but i agree with prodigy that both should have been metallic from the get go. I liked the gloss on goku though haha Also when is saw the PCE vegeta at sdcc the hair seemed almost metallic to me, or i guess it could have been very glossy, but either i like the coloring. I always felt like ssj hair should be shiny or metallic so it has the glowing look like they do when they power up in newer animations.

Whoa, I didn't even notice the lack of manga colored figures Pliss. Point taken.

Back