S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Ang I have to agree with prodigy here, Most protos have the display only tag on them, only a few have went straight to licensor approval, namely U.Gohan and vegetto to my knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

All I'm really getting at is the Display Only shouldn't be taken as a bad thing. It means nothing more than they don't have official release dates. They do that with every single figure for every franchise they produce for, not only Dragon Ball.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments :)

Photo review of Golden Freeza at Shishioh:

bnr-5.jpg

7-4.jpg

7-5.jpg

7-10.jpg

Hi guys, what did I miss?

*checks thread*

Oh...my...GOD! Whis! Armor Trunks! SSj god Goku! Kid Goku! GT Goku? SSj3 Vegeta!?!
Ohhhh, it's like I've been gone for a few centuries O_O

SSj god Goku has a new original body! Wow, did not expect that to ever happen. Armor Trunks has a glorious abdomen joint and unrivaled range of motion for this upper legs, (like the Awakened SSj Goku)

Wow, (seriously the Goku army is super redundant, especially since they're still using manga colors for all of them)
I would get the angel Goku ONLY if he wore the same orange-red as Krilin, I would get two so my Gohan can also wear the right color (I skipped Gohan because of the color thing)

PS: I'm not completely *back* yet, I'm just checking up on the latest news for the Z figures, right now I'm spending most of my time with Street Fighter V news. This is where nearly all my free time has gone, as I've been staying exclusively on fighting game community pages. Once the game is out, and Capcom is done taking feedback, I'll be back posting and lurking here again :)

they make knock-offs of many of those effects, as the authentic ones come with the characters themselves & they aren't necessarily cheap

it still boggles my mind why they bothered to make an articulated Porunga, knowing damn well they'll prolly never release it. Why waste resources in making it articulated, just make a statue which is much simpler. why do they tease us with stuff we can't have

it still boggles my mind why they bothered to make an articulated Porunga, knowing damn well they'll prolly never release it. Why waste resources in making it articulated, just make a statue which is much simpler. why do they tease us with stuff we can't have
Yeah, they're trolling us with that Porunga. As epic as he is, most would rather the Earth Dragon anyway as it's design works for all other saga's

Good to see you regardless Philosopher!

Thanks, it makes me happy to see the old gang is still here :)

Well Porunga IS scaled down, maybe they are gauging interest in out of scale dragons since I doubt we will ever see the full sized shenron, it would just cost too much for the risk of releasing it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Here's my take on the whole issue of stuff being released or not.

Tamashii doesn't create figures just to display them and not release. It costs money to make each and every prototype and they display with intent to gauge interest and ultimately sell. The ONLY figures that they've shown and haven't given a definitive update on is Nappa and Shenron. Here's why. Nappa was revealed long ago but wasn't very well done because they were still trying to figure out how to articulate large characters. Plus he was nude so the joints were very obvious and fans didn't react too well to him. They then decided to put him on the back burner. During this time they figured out how to fix the mistakes made with Nappa. A short while later, the first large character, Broly, appeared. After sales for Broly exceeded their expectations they probably continued to work on Nappa, most likely with armor. They know the demand is there and they even acknowledged it. He WILL get released, eventually. Key word is eventually. When it comes to Shenron, he's obviously a very large character so the price is gonna be higher. That one is obvious why they don't want to put into production. It's the riskiest prototype they've made.

Now for the Buu's. SSJ4 was gone for a while because they took him back to update him with new knee joints and add the finishing touches. Now we see him ready to go. The Buu's are experiencing the same absence. They had the same old knees from before and now Tamashii is likely adding the new joints and finishing them up. We'll probably see them late this year or early next year, ready to go. They actually WERE seen earlier this year along with Shenron too.

In summary, Tamashii has released 95% of what they've shown. That other 5% is Nappa and Shenron. Not actual statistics, just painting a picture. The only updated of those two is Shenron in that he was last seen at the same event the Buu's were. Still even though he was shown, I don't think he'll get a release, at least not now. Same goes for Porunga. So it's only been 2 figures that they haven't released (4 if anyone really thinks they simply scrapped the Buu's). Obviously this doesn't count the new stuff. Out of the new stuff, the only one I think they won't release is Angel Goku. Even that one is still probably gonna get released.

Oh and I didn't forget about Jaco. He's definitely coming out too but they just haven't been displaying him. He's most likely gonna be in DBS as a regular character so he'll come out eventually.

Hold on to your Scouter Vegetas. There was a misconception that a new vegeta was going to be released. The misconception was that the vegeta would be a recolor of the Scouter vegeta or a non saiyan vegeta from the frieza saga. Turned out to be a ssj3 vegeta, the announcement.

Hold on to your Scouter Vegetas. There was a misconception that a new vegeta was going to be released. The misconception was that the vegeta would be a recolor of the Scouter vegeta or a non saiyan vegeta from the frieza saga. Turned out to be a ssj3 vegeta, the announcement.

What? I not understand anything about what you say :S explain better or someone, please!

Best DB Figuarts ever? I can't stop looking at him! :panic:

I think he looks great, but what's been bothering me are the new hip joints. I think the new technology for the hip joints look great on characters with baggy pants (ie goku, kid goku) but looks a bit awkward on someone wearing a skin tight suit like trunks. Functionally though, they work alot better than the drop down joint because they allow for full range of motion with having to drop down the legs which would leave wierd gaps in certain angles.

Back