S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone think Uub is going to be reintroduced in Super? At this point I'm pretty convinced the DBZ epilogue is no longer canon. oh well

I got mine at NYCC. :lol (I tried to get a friend a set but they were going like crazy but I'm happy they were only pre-releases otherwise I'd feel like an *******. I was lucky enough to get the NYCC Exclusive X-Kai though.) It was interesting to see that Tamashii is making "exclusive" packaging for us now with the English spelling of the characters' names and the title of the film. I like that quite a lot.

Speaking of that TruForce X figure, I'm willing to bet they're going to make Zero next.

Btw to anyone that may have thought the Angel Goku is not gonna get released cuz of the Angel wing accessories shown, after a closer look, they're not the same wings at all. He's getting a release, no doubt. Actually I think all of them will.

as I said previously they need to give us more incentive to buy normal Goku yet again, like new faces & whatnot. if not then they should've just made that version next year's exclusive or somethin, since they're pretty much out of repaint options at this point

as I said previously they need to give us more incentive to buy normal Goku yet again, like new faces & whatnot. if not then they should've just made that version next year's exclusive or somethin, since they're pretty much out of repaint options at this point

I won't be buying him for the same reasons. He only appeared in one still frame in the Buu Saga Japanese credits, he means absolutely nothing to me and most people. The Funimation dub cut that clip out for some reason. He also appeared on the final issue of the manga but still, I don't plan on getting him. Clearly this shows, while Tamashii is absolutely giving more respect to the franchise, they still cater to the Japanese market (as small as it may be).

I won't be buying him for the same reasons. He only appeared in one still frame in the Buu Saga Japanese credits, he means absolutely nothing to me and most people. The Funimation dub cut that clip out for some reason. He also appeared on the final issue of the manga but still, I don't plan on getting him. Clearly this shows, while Tamashii is absolutely giving more respect to the franchise, they still cater to the Japanese market (as small as it may be).
Actually...winged Goku was featured in the manga as well. But it was just on a cover page of a chapter. After all the Goku's released, I don't see it as a necessity to own.

Btw to anyone that may have thought the Angel Goku is not gonna get released cuz of the Angel wing accessories shown, after a closer look, they're not the same wings at all. He's getting a release, no doubt. Actually I think all of them will.

11863489_566107600204104_2652623336720579346_n.jpg

12080409_856156847837656_624160311_n.jpg

That will prob be the only DB figure thus far I will skip on... I see no point in it....

I've said numerous times how I'm in too deep with DBZ Figuarts, that I'll be buying every single release they make until the line ends. and then they throw us something like this, has got me thinking twice lol

but then again, nobody knows what will happen in the future; Winged Goku can skyrocket to $600 and I'll be kicking myself when I skipped on it when it was going for $40

#thecurseofcollectingshfdbz

It's actually strange what figures skyrocket and which ones don't. Broly was predicted to be over $200 within the year of his release yet he can still be gotten for around $100. With Arlian it was that he was so unpopular that he would become "rare" and therefore go up, yet he's still around the $150 mark which isn't that terrible especially for an exclusive. Android 16 actually went down for a little bit lol, and can still be found for around retail. The Androids and Krillin haven't gone up that much either since they're about $100 a pop. Only the villains and the Saiyans (except for Broly) have been shooting up over the $200 point. Normal Goku is an exception since there's over 9000 of him and the rest that are <$100 are still fairly recent.

Anyone think Uub is going to be reintroduced in Super? At this point I'm pretty convinced the DBZ epilogue is no longer canon. oh well

Speaking of that TruForce X figure, I'm willing to bet they're going to make Zero next.

I'm hoping he will be. I thought it was actually well written by Toriyama that he was Buu reincarnated. Either way, I just hope Tamashii releases a Majuub S.H. Figuarts.

The leader of the project said they're going to continue the series and it seemed to gain a lot of attention at NYCC so I'm looking forward to it.

Which I don't think they will, to be honest. It probably would have sold better as a Figuarts Zero than an S.H. Figuarts if it indeed is considered to be released. I do agree about the convention exclusive though.

I got the X-Kai NYCC exclusive. I hope they do more of these. I got the blue one on order from Anime-Island along with Gohan and something else I can't remember at the moment. I need to get that Kickstarter gray version but I don't think it will be easy or cheap. If they do Zero it better be Zero and not Mega Man Zero.

Anyone think they'll show anything else during the rest of the days?

If they do show anything else, I think it'll be the two PC figures and Buu Saga Vegeta. Not sure when the event is over but even if they don't show any more, goddamn did they blow us away. I feel they just might since it seems like the display we saw was really kind of like a tribute to Goku along with sprinkles of other characters.

Tao pai pai will be released now that kid goku will have a release too and General RR and picollo daimaku and kid krillin.

Talking about kid goku, they will gona make it with the red colour how supposed to be right? Or they will gonna left him for sdcc? :S

Tao pai pai will be released now that kid goku will have a release too and General RR and picollo daimaku and kid krillin.

Talking about kid goku, they will gona make it with the red colour how supposed to be right? Or they will gonna left him for sdcc? :S

I'd say the next Dragon Ball release may either be Bulma or Roshi. Mainly Roshi soley cuz he's a guy and Tamashii doesn't really like making girls for some reason. The villains will come (hopefully) but seeing as the Japanese prefer heroes, we'll get those first.

About Kid Goku, he's a manga version like every other release so he's technically accurate. They may do an SDCC though, we just gotta wait and see.

an SDCC EX of Kid Goku will prolly be in his blue gi

View attachment 220491

The belt and the string for the Power Pole are different but other than that, it'd be a simple repaint. I'd be down for that although I'd prefer it to be a regular release. I'd rather have the SDCC be the anime accurate version. Goku explicitly says his gi is red in the anime too and it would look so much better. Imo, they have to make blue gi Goku a little chubbier. Hell, the current Goku should be a little beefier too but oh well.

GokuOolongTTDragonBall.png

GokuVsKingPiccoloOldx.png

Actually the winged Goku is just stated as a "display only" by instamashi's Instagram.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but hasn't EVERY single figure started out as "Display Only"? That label really doesn't mean anything other than that they don't have official release dates.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but hasn't EVERY single figure started out as "Display Only"? That label really doesn't mean anything other than that they don't have official release dates.

They mean for display only because I believe Nappa and Shenron both had one. I think the usual hint on ones that would be released soon was the "pending licensor approval" on the name tags but none of them had them either. Super Saiyan 4 Goku had one last year. ...I'm pretty sure it's passed if they updated the figure.

I will kill for Dragon Ball Kid Goku, Bulma and Mutenroshi with two face plate : serieous and pervert

Back