S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it bad the first thing I now worry about is how this affects sdcc? Making repaints into "normal" releases means if there is an sdcc it will be a retool now, which isnt good honestly.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cell is necessary. Cuz i don't have him yet

Yeah same here.. I was gonna get cell early next year but now now.... I could care less if they don't include the kamekame thing that looks like something else I will not say...

I assume those tags mean the figures are technically still out there in the market available for purchase...or maybe they had some for sale at NYCC (if they did it was likely leftover stock).

Thats just normal tamashii; not enough new figures with them so just display old stock to pad out the dioramas.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They don't have a lot of premium color options outside of what is already coming out. Saiyan Saga Vegeta might be nice but who knows if they'll make one. I've said this in the past but I wouldn't mind seeing Premium Color editions of SS Goku, SS Gohan, and Piccolo. I'm not 100% satisfied with the manga or SDCC versions and would really like to see what PC versions would look like.

hmmm...Orbital Frame, would you be willing to make a Photoshop edit of the Saiyan Saga Vegeta to show what it would look like with the colors used on the Premium Color SS Vegeta? There are a few reference images here.

NYCC 2015 Bluefin - S.H. Figuarts Dragonball Z - The Toyark - News

Served:

PCE%20Vegeta_zpsqoeznmif.jpg

nice...damn, that was fast. As much as I like the original I'm tempted to say I'd rather have a PC version. hopefully they'll make one.

Thank God they didn't announce any Frieza related reissue. I would have felt like an idiot, I just bought him yesterday for $170. Really glad about the SSJ3 Goku (time to sell my Datong) and Cell.

Hope the new resculpts are of jacketless big-arms Trunks and obviously battle damaged Majin Vegeta.

I don't really think they have any more PC options at this point. Cell and SSJ3 were the last ones that could actually get away with having a recolor. Scouter Vegeta just doesn't look different enough from the OG to warrant a PC version. Then again, PC Trunks isn't THAT much different too but still more than Vegeta would be. IF they were gonna do another PC figure, it would be Scouter Vegeta but that's scraping the bottom of the barrel really. Every other figure is accurate already and the repaint wouldn't be significant enough.

While I do like the idea of PC versions of the original three (SSJ Goku, Gohan, and Piccolo), I don't think they'd do it. We've already got the anime and manga versions of them so what else could they do? Anime versions 2.0? The only thing I'd change about the current SDCC's are making Goku's gi redder and Piccolo's green skin lighter. Everything else is damn near perfect already.

Vegeta looks slightly lighter in that pic...that's all. Maybe they could go off BoG colors again, or something. For others...they can't do much.

I don't really think they have any more PC options at this point. Cell and SSJ3 were the last ones that could actually get away with having a recolor. Scouter Vegeta just doesn't look different enough from the OG to warrant a PC version. Then again, PC Trunks isn't THAT much different too but still more than Vegeta would be. IF they were gonna do another PC figure, it would be Scouter Vegeta but that's scraping the bottom of the barrel really. Every other figure is accurate already and the repaint wouldn't be significant enough.

While I do like the idea of PC versions of the original three (SSJ Goku, Gohan, and Piccolo), I don't think they'd do it. We've already got the anime and manga versions of them so what else could they do? Anime versions 2.0? The only thing I'd change about the current SDCC's are making Goku's gi redder and Piccolo's green skin lighter. Everything else is damn near perfect already.

A PC Frieza with the metallic parts just being a flat purple would work for me.

The changes are already negligible really. It's such an obvious loophole to get around their exclusives policy. They'll change the color by half a shade and call it a premium color version.

@Kovach, I'm sure they'll put that gold frieza mold to use again and release a premium og Frieza as some point, or just use the original mold. It's coming. They're all coming in premium colors eventually.

I bought Cell the other day, but I would still buy the PC when they decide to release it. If they do a PC with Frieza, then they need to color the shoulder joints purple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah same here.. I was gonna get cell early next year but now now.... I could care less if they don't include the kamekame thing that looks like something else I will not say...
I'll get the datong cell for that if i really needed it.

The changes are already negligible really. It's such an obvious loophole to get around their exclusives policy. They'll change the color by half a shade and call it a premium color version.

@Kovach, I'm sure they'll put that gold frieza mold to use again and release a premium og Frieza as some point, or just use the original mold. It's coming. They're all coming in premium colors eventually.

Vegeta had the most noticeable one since it actually turned him from an Android Saga to a Cell Saga (even without the fine details in the tips). Also his color is more in line with BoG too so he definitely benefited the most. Trunks got the short end of the stick for sure but with his popularity, he did deserve it.

I know the PC is a loophole and all but I don't want them to do it for every character released cuz then it just becomes a waste of a release slot. Trunks, Vegeta, Cell, and SSJ3 are understandable but I really don't wanna see characters like the Androids getting repaints. Hell, Krillin could get one I guess to correct his eyes and maybe darken his gi a tad but even then I'd rather have a new character in his place. I wanna be able to give them my money lol.

I just don't wanna be spammed with PC versions is what I'm really getting at. Only the really high demand characters should get em imo and they should all be improvements upon the originals to justify the purchase if I already have the OG.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

by the way this is getting, all the sh figuarts that out until now will gonna receive a Premium Color!

I think for now is enough of Premium Color with Cell and Ssj3.

the only thing that would make me bail out of collecting SHFiguarts DBZ is if "premium color" editions became the norm over brand new characters

the only thing that would make me bail out of collecting SHFiguarts DBZ is if "premium color" editions became the norm over brand new characters

Exactly what I'm fearing. If we're gonna get anymore, it could be Krillin, Scouter Vegeta, and MAYBE Frieza (pushing it really). Everyone else is fine how they are. I also wouldn't mind the OG three getting them either but that's like it. I want me some new characters!

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Back