S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brace yourselves, ssgss Goku and Gold Frieza will shoot up in price from now until next month due to some folks having them early selling them at ridiculously inflated prices. You know its gonna happen :p

Its just early stock at NYCC dragonballfan, they arent officially out until next month.

Wow, I just realized the username is imageanime. Idk if it's the legit store in NYC but if it is that's hilarious. I go there every now and then but almost never buy since they markup most of their stuff. Cool store but not cool prices. Wow.

Hm yeah vegeta's front bangs do seem shorter, but that face as I said looks cheap to me.

I don't expect a majin vegeta at all anymore. Also pretty effing ridiculous doing the same thing with the nappa buddy. I'm glad I have shf star wars to make me a bit happier for compensation.

All in all imo they made the ssgss versions way too early. If they're gonna have any staying power on DBS they should've been made later. They'd probably sell better at that point too. And they're getting delivered unperfected like this as well.

That is a sorry excuse for a "new" sculpt if it really is one. Pathetic really compared to Goku's overhauled and finely detailed hair. Tamashii can be really irritating at times. No respect for the collectors, really shameful.

I honestly don't think I'll mind, if and only if, in the end, they make a SS 2 Vegeta with updated hair to match Goku's updated SSGSS hair (which in turn matches Vegetto's and Ult. Gohan' hair). The main thing here is that TECHNICALLY, his SSGSS hair is the same as SS1. So there needs to be some consistency. But the color, more than anything else, needs to match Goku's.

Same goes for Goku. His hair is technically the same as SSJ but they redid it anyway. If they just repainted the older hair blue, I wouldn't mind them reusing this one for Vegeta but they didn't. I still would've been a bit peeved since both hairs needed updates to reflect the art style anyways.
For SSJ2 they HAVE to resculpt the hair but then they would also have to do it for Goku's SSJ2 as well. This all results in Goku always having one more extra hair sculpt over Vegeta. The color is another issue that probably won't be fixed as simple as it is. For all we know they're saving the legit version for their own show although I'm losing faith at this point...

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Like Orbital said, there could still be hope since they haven't shown any promo pics and all we have officially is the release date. Even if the promo pics do show this exact Vegeta, that doesn't mean it'll turn out that way. Look at Goku and how he didn't have shading in his official pics but the real thing does. I believe that's a first for Tamashii. I really hope we get what we want cuz so far, outside of the body sculpt, this Vegeta is a letdown :(

CE3BBn4UgAAtmmC.jpg

loox like i'll be buying 2 Figuarts SSGSS Vegeta and customizing the second with this hair instead

Play Arts always has incredible detail but the varying scale takes up too much real estate on my shelf. They're friggin huge & sometimes awkward looking. I wish those were SHFiguarts

Just a head ups guy eknightmedia on amazon has a few ultimate gohans up in stock...

View attachment 215738

loox like i'll be buying 2 Figuarts SSGSS Vegeta and customizing the second with this hair instead

How you gonna swap out the faces then???

If we really do get the normal ssj sculpt just painted blue that will be a disapointment unless some 1/12 artist mods the hair and offers casts or what ever...

hmm, not sure but SSGSSJ Goku's hair color looks different. Looks fine though, compared to Freiza at least. SSGSJJ Vegeta's hair looks a bit different, but it still looks like a general repaint.

Awakening Goku looks even better, though it's true that it's strange that Vegeta's hair doesn't match. At least Trunk's hair matches Vegeta's, that'd be some **** if it didn't :lol I guess the reason Trunks and Vegeta have different hair is due to being Premium Colors versions, while Awakening Goku seems to be a manga release.

Just a head ups guy eknightmedia on amazon has a few ultimate gohans up in stock...

Thanks. No prime unless it's the highest price ticket item. I'll wait a bit and see. Plus, usually there is no tax with 3rd party sellers.

Back