S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I have the patience of an orangutan because I'm watching dbs as it's coming out. :monkey1

When you watch a lot of foreign films, you learn how to be a savvy subtitle reader. I suppose my appreciation of subtitles comes from old samurai movies. Dubs for live action cinema are good for a laugh but little else. Watching Legend of the Drunken Master dubbed, for example, adds a whole additional layer of comedy, but most of the time, that's not what I'm after while watching a foreign film. So when watching a lot of Japanese films you force yourself to be read the subtitles and watch the action. Animation is obviously different because the mouths are synced with the new dialogue, but the end product itself is changed. The script is rewritten. The English version of dbs will be quite different than the Japanese version. I have watched nearly all of Miyazaki's films in Japanese and English. I enjoy hearing the difference, but I guess you have to be a cinephile to appreciate it.

Careful Tin, your dub superiority complex is showing again...

Let people watch what they want to watch. I've watched super so far, but I wont consider it properly watched until I hear it in a language I can understand. People dont like reading when you are supposed to watch it! Its as simple as that. The dub will never be an "afterthought" to the majority of people who watch it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The English dub of anything is an afterthought. Especially when you watch an english dub of something you understand in its native language. I'd know this well after watching english dubs of hong kong movies (I speak Cantonese natively) for so many years.

Would love to hear some French with that Scottish brogue in your next review, Deano.:wink1:

Wow seriously. Making fun of people for knowing one language mister multilinguist over here. I'm so tired of that Japanese dub superiority attitude. You can watch it in the Japanese best dub evar and let the rest of us watch it however the hell we want

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Scottish man, Scottish [emoji14]

Women dig the Scottish accent ya know, look at Sean Connery :lecture

Wow seriously. Making fun of people for knowing one language mister multilinguist over here. I'm so tired of that Japanese dub superiority attitude. You can watch it in the Japanese best dub evar and let the rest of us watch it however the hell we want

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk
Yeah seriously, it shouldn't matter what version of DBS we watch unless the English dub turns out that bad - which I doubt it will, and even then, we don't know.

Scottish man, Scottish [emoji14]

anigif_longform-original-20799-1410599623-9.gif

The English dub of anything is an afterthought. Especially when you watch an english dub of something you understand in its native language. I'd know this well after watching english dubs of hong kong movies (I speak Cantonese natively) for so many years.

Bashing English dubs... whoa we got a badass over here.

Back