S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am surprised also at the animation for this latest EP of DBS. I don't know what happened but it almost felt like a cartoon rather than an anime.

In regards to the animation itself, well, like misterW said previously, I believe the thick outlining here n there is a stylistic choice they made willingly. It's even seen in Resurrection F. I think they're just trying to switch it up every so often, which is why some scenes have thick outlining on the characters & others don't.

However, the odd animation specifically seen during the fight scenes in episode 5 isn't consistent at all & looks very lazy. They're better than this. But I think the backlash criticisms I've seen like OMG THEYRE RUINING DRAGONBALL isn't called for. If we're still seeing this stuff at like episode 20, then there is a legitimate cause for concern (and even then, I prolly still wouldn't even care as much as everyone else)

In regards to the animation itself, well, like misterW said previously, I believe the thick outlining here n there is a stylistic choice they made willingly. It's even seen in Resurrection F. I think they're just trying to switch it up every so often, which is why some scenes have thick outlining on the characters & others don't.

However, the odd animation specifically seen during the fight scenes in episode 5 isn't consistent at all & looks very lazy. They're better than this. But I think the backlash criticisms I've seen like OMG THEYRE RUINING DRAGONBALL isn't called for. If we're still seeing this stuff at like episode 20, then there is a legitimate cause for concern (and even then, I prolly still wouldn't even care as much as everyone else)

I'd agree if it didn't look like the poor animation wasn't gonna continue onward. Vegeta's got two left hands in the next episode. Not to mention his boot tips lost their tips.

inb4 post about complaining too much

11816085_752751581513410_690081338872926930_o.jpg

I have a feeling Super is the same as dbz in that they have multiple artists working on episodes at once. This is particularly present in the cell saga, one minute Gohan would have proper ssj2 hair, the next he would have kind of stand up ssj hair [emoji38]

They do need to fire the guy that did the past few though, he really isnt good enough to do anime tbh.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I expect a few inconsistencies here and there and I've noticed it in other anime at times but this last episode was off the charts. It really did have times where it was more cartoon than anime. I didn't really enjoy the episode either way with or without the animation. It was a very meh episode.

All the episodes thus far have been pretty meh, to me anyway. For those that are gonna wait it out for it to get translated, you're not missing much. Unless you enjoy filler episodes, which these feel like. Don't get me wrong I still love every minute of each ep, but as of right now I won't lose any sleep if I missed like last week's episode or whatever

and btw, a couple more thoughts on Resurrection Freezer

Spoiler Spoiler:

All the episodes thus far have been pretty meh, to me anyway. For those that are gonna wait it out for it to get translated, you're not missing much. Unless you enjoy filler episodes, which these feel like. Don't get me wrong I still love every minute of each ep, but as of right now I won't lose any sleep if I missed like last week's episode or whatever

and btw, a couple more thoughts on Resurrection Freezer

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was really hoping they would throw in something about Frieza's brother during that bit of dialogue but they didn't [emoji20]

I so want Cooler to be canon but at the end of the day I choose what's canon and what's not. This is one series that kind of requires that

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Did SSGSS Vegeta and Beerus go up for presale yet?
I dont see that happening until next year, we already have plenty on the run up to christmas and right after and trunks hasnt went up yet. I will say March maybe for those two unless tamashii has even more tricks up their sleeves.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I dont see that happening until next year, we already have plenty on the run up to christmas and right after and trunks hasnt went up yet. I will say March maybe for those two unless tamashii has even more tricks up their sleeves.

Thanks... I only have a couple of these figures so far and i'm not familiar with their announce/release time frames.

Thanks... I only have a couple of these figures so far and i'm not familiar with their announce/release time frames.

Overall to my knowledge, excluding EVENT exclusives, they never announce release dates a-chronologically – Broly was an exception I think because photos of 16 together with 17 and 18 leaked earlier. Here's an overview:

2013: Cell, Saiyan Vegeta, Frieza, Krillin. 1 rerelease and 1 repaint
2014: Reg Goku, 18, 17, and Broly. 2 rereleases and 1 repaint
2015 16, Vegito, U gohan, Awakening Goku, RoF Frieza+Goku and ssj vegeta. 2(or 3?) rereleases and 2 repaints.

They really flung a LOT of retools and repaints at us this year (4 retools+repaints: Vegito, U Gohan, Namek Goku and RoF Frieza) + 3 almost truly new figures: 16, Awakening Goku and ssgss Goku. I think it's safe to say that's gonna be it for 2015. Not to mention the gohan and piccolo rerelease (and I think even ssj manga goku, not even keeping up anymore). That's deffo a step up from last year.

The latest they have is Vegeta in december and we expect an official Trunks announcement soon for january or february. It's pretty reliable that whatever they're gonna announce or give release dates is gonna be past the latest one we know now which is Vegeta and of december.

Saw this on the book, thought it was funny and sad...

11817135_889604574421182_7041940037723747190_n.jpg

Allow me to digress as to the thick lines we've been seeing. To me, that suggests a cell of animation has been zoomed into it. Many of the shots in which we saw thick lines had a change in z-axis within the shot. So, for example, if the shot starts at a close up and goes out to a wider shot,--to do it properly you would animate the process, changing the line thickness with each successive cell, but the way to cheat it is to just zoom in and out on a larger drawing. A good example in episode 4 is when Pilaf can't catch a fish.

big images so spoiler tags

Spoiler Spoiler:

The lines appear normal in the close up, but in the extreme close up they appear too thick. But what strikes me as odd, is that many shots also share this flaw and have no change in the z-axis. I think these were drawn to be wider shots, but for some reason or another the director decided to change the framing and instead of re-drawing, the animators just zoomed into the frame. :thwak

LOL :lol

although to be fair, for those that haven't watched the episode yet, that particular shot of SS3 Goku is just a split second, as he raises his head yelling. he doesn't look that goofy for the entire time. Everything else looks like standard DBZ, it's just that there are a few scenes that look sub-par, that's all. They were just lazy in recreating the Beerus vs. Goku fight & it shows :dunno

I don't want there to be a misconception that the entire episode looked like *****, that's false. it was just a small percentage :lecture (which isn't new to DBZ, btw)

Okay decided to read the synopsis of th first five eps. What the ****. All I'm saying. Not digging it and don't see the point. Yeah, no wonder DBS has 100 eps.
Spoiler Spoiler:

stepping aside from the DBS discussion for a sec, I'm relatively new here, and I want to get more into buying/selling/trading in the community. As of now, I'm looking for Frieza at a decent price, so that would be $160-170. I'd really rather not hit the $180+ mark. Anybody out there selling or trading on or know anything. Help a guy out please :pray:

Okay decided to read the synopsis of th first five eps. What the ****. All I'm saying. Not digging it and don't see the point. Yeah, no wonder DBS has 100 eps.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Pretty much. It's all going to get redone, for literally no reason. It's going to be a while before they start to explore the other 11 universes.

Back