S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, you know its an identical figure to sdcc, right? Its literally a repack, nothing different apart from the box. I mean, its your money but wouldnt you rather buy two sdcc Gokus for that, at the very least to have one to sell?

I dont condone selling these for scalper prices but thats more logical than paying the price of two sdccs for a box...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

In their defense it's a really nice box. I wanted to get one if his price went down low enough after SDCC but that backfired cuz of scalpers...

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Seriously. Luckily I got two sdcc gokus at retail at the con. Glad I kept both sealed. This mexico version came opened, but the box is pretty mint. So I can actually display this one and keep the two sdcc sealed.

Yeah I'm open about that kind of stuff. It was about $300 stupid cool. No, not cool. Just stupid.

Whoa, that's something I'd never do, but that's serious dedication there. Still it's probably going to get even more expensive.

Guys, you know its an identical figure to sdcc, right? Its literally a repack, nothing different apart from the box. I mean, its your money but wouldnt you rather buy two sdcc Gokus for that, at the very least to have one to sell?

I dont condone selling these for scalper prices but thats more logical than paying the price of two sdccs for a box...

Obviously I'm aware of exactly what it is. Why would I think it is something it's not?

I also have 2 SDCC Frieza saga Goku's I got at retail. This Mexiku version will likely go up in value the next few years, as will the two sdcc ones.

If I need or want my money back, it will be quite easy to get. It's a repack, but it's one of only two figuarts with a defined edition size. I'm not usually a completionist, but this is the one line I decided a while ago to go complete on. Initially I wasn't going to get this version, but then I remembered how glad I was that I bought the 2011 sdcc goku for $200 right before it exploded, which I thought was crazy. I feel fairly secure that the value of this Mexiku won't go any lower than what I paid for it. It shot out of the gate at $500, dipped slightly with the sdcc release, and like all the others, will climb back up over time.

Whoa, that's something I'd never do, but that's serious dedication there. Still it's probably going to get even more expensive.

Admittedly, I was drunk when I purchased it.

Sorry SurlyJ, that comment wasnt meant to sound as snarky as it was :p

I know you are one of the longer posters in this thread, so I never doubted you didnt know what it was, the first sentence was meant more jokingly. I guess I am just still a bit shocked that people are still willing to pay double for essentially the same as SDCC. Thats a whole other level of completionist that even I wasnt on :lol

I know you are one of the longer posters in this thread, so I never doubted you didnt know what it was, the first sentence was meant more jokingly. I guess I am just still a bit shocked that people are still willing to pay double for essentially the same as SDCC. Thats a whole other level of completionist that even I wasnt on :lol

Lol no worries.

I'm shocked and disgusted too. Perhaps most of all lol. And yet, I'm glad to have it. If there we several figres like this, simple reboxes that cost a crapload, I wouldn't bother. But it being just one figure I didn't have was annoying me :)

Besides, in addition to this, the 2011 sdcc goku was the only dbz figuart I didn't get for retail, so I justify it that way lol. Whereas most ppl these days have to pay $50-150 for each figure, I've spent comparatively little on my collection. I also sold off all my doubles several months ago for a pretty damn good profit so it all balances out.

Flash forward to 3 months from now when I'll be posting "what the hell was I thinking, who wants to buy this mexican goku?"

Same here. I figured if i was going to spend 200 on sdcc goku might as well and spend an extra hundred on one that is way more rare(regardless of being the same figure). I will trade for the sdcc goku for a frieza or something soon enough.(i dont know what spares i have left lol) Also as surly said the most ive paid for a figuart was ssj sddc goku and i paid 130 for it. everything else at retail or 15-20 when they start going up. so i didnt feel as bad lol. I also hope they stop with the mexico exclusives they will be a pain to get.

Ugh I didn't think about them continuing this mexico exclusive nonsense.

YEa me neither i will buy everything that they make in this line. So it will be a pain. Luckily ive made a few friends in the mexican fb site that will grab one for me if need be.

On another note i got an sdcc piccolo, saiyan saga vegeta, frieza, and trunks to trade for an sdcc namek goku send me a pm if anyone is interested.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The episode also looked like hot garbage.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought the episode was good minus the few bits of weird animation, personally i thought it was a stylistic choice like some other animes (ie the stretchy like animation in one of the animatrix episodes). I like the reworking of events though, I'm hoping RoF ending gets retconned, although that's not likely. However there's a good chance vegeta will get more action and I am definitely looking forward to that.

God, I cant believe how fast these things are coming lately, ssj3 Jacksdo V2 came in this morning! Its actually really nice, hair is flush with the body as opposed to the real one, the extra sculpted detail really puts it more in line with Vegetto and the smirk face is amazing. They even cut back on the horrible orange shading jacksdo is prone to doing.

99112338b7abe141fdc5bda5910329d6.jpg

I thought the episode was good minus the few bits of weird animation, personally i thought it was a stylistic choice like some other animes (ie the stretchy like animation in one of the animatrix episodes). I like the reworking of events though, I'm hoping RoF ending gets retconned, although that's not likely. However there's a good chance vegeta will get more action and I am definitely looking forward to that.

even batman is mad at episode 5's animation LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldvaykN0J34

even batman is mad at episode 5's animation LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldvaykN0J34

The animation was horrendous. Most of the terrible bits were when paused but even so there was plenty of bad animation parts throughout the battle mainly. Wth happened?

Edit: Just watched that video and damn, people were going in on Toei's twitter. At least they'll hear the fans loud and clear :lol Last episode's animation was odd but not bad. This time, it was straight children's drawing. That RoF reference was amazing lol.

The animation was horrendous. Most of the terrible bits were when paused but even so there was plenty of bad animation parts throughout the battle mainly. Wth happened?

Edit: Just watched that video and damn, people were going in on Toei's twitter. At least they'll hear the fans loud and clear :lol Last episode's animation was odd but not bad. This time, it was straight children's drawing. That RoF reference was amazing lol.

In Japanese?:lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah... I think that's pretty much it. I'm not sure how many more episodes I'll be able to sit through.

jim_sleep.gif

I was disappointed with Ep 4's animation. Hope this isn't the norm for all future eps. Lots of thick lines, which means a lot of cutting corners.

God, I cant believe how fast these things are coming lately, ssj3 Jacksdo V2 came in this morning! Its actually really nice, hair is flush with the body as opposed to the real one, the extra sculpted detail really puts it more in line with Vegetto and the smirk face is amazing. They even cut back on the horrible orange shading jacksdo is prone to doing.

99112338b7abe141fdc5bda5910329d6.jpg

omg I want that smirk face now! It looks great. Now I really want a SSJ and normal smirk face, make it happen jacksdo.
I was disappointed with Ep 4's animation. Hope this isn't the norm for all future eps. Lots of thick lines, which means a lot of cutting corners.
Yeah it was pretty bad, I saw some stills and was shocked.

Back