S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can provide the link to the account they'll be under and the schedule ahead of time, but the last 7 times I've put kamehamehas on ebay they've all been gone within 30-90 seconds after the listing goes up, so you'd really need to be ready ahead of time. I'm putting more kamehamehas up than before this time, but probably only a few galick guns. They'll go fast.

I can provide the link to the account they'll be under and the schedule ahead of time, but the last 7 times I've put kamehamehas on ebay they've all been gone within 30-90 seconds after the listing goes up, so you'd really need to be ready ahead of time. I'm putting more kamehamehas up than before this time, but probably only a few galick guns. They'll go fast.

I'm glad for you that your custom pieces have gotten popular, you definitely deserve it :) But gutted for me as I work and cant really keep a close eye on ebay, so I'll probably miss out on these :(

Awesome pieces Frankie!

Have you thought of making your own yellow aura effect with blue lightning or something? I think the new Tamashii energy aura is cool but it's a "back-drop". I always liked the flame effect and wish they did yellow, mostly because of the 3-D effect and you can surround the character with the flames. I think there's some yellow bootleg flame effects around.

These cans of beams should look nice for photos in 3D. Trying to make photos specifically for Nintendo 3DS. It's trippy when a snapshot of that Super Saiyan hair in 3D

Off topic, but am I the only one who wishes American cartoons were more like Japanese cartoons. I mean look at this.
3e10b51b23b10306e35c2abf0e48ba69.jpg
they don't give two rat ****s about censorship.

Unlock your inner Z fighter

I will say while I prefer the anime style over most other drawing styles, the American cartoons do have a much greater variety of art style. Anime has it's own differentiating styles as well but to the untrained eye, most anime is drawn very similarly. The censorship was never such a big thing as it is now. I remember back in the 90s, cartoons had some adult themes in them, even if we didn't know it back then. Nowadays, Americans get offended by every little thing so censorship is just plain ridiculous. Bring back the fan-service, the adult innuendo, and the mature themes that used to be there!

I think there were several anime throughout the years that were inspired by Batman:TAS alone. Cowboy Bebop had an episode that took heavy inspiration, for instance.

Amazing stuff. Is the galick gun up on ebay yet?

Setting up a display using tamashii blast effects like

sperm-stress_1401894863.jpg
Jep, this is what I think of when I see that effect too, gotta admit.:lol I never use it because it actually grosses me out lmfao.
Off topic, but am I the only one who wishes American cartoons were more like Japanese cartoons. I mean look at this.
3e10b51b23b10306e35c2abf0e48ba69.jpg
they don't give two rat ****s about censorship.

Dc animation is definitely taking increasing notes from anime. The fighting in Son of Batman was very animeish (and awesome).

I think your question sort of hits the nail in its own terms because you can't equate cartoons to anime one-dimensionally. Anime is MUCH more popular among adults, especially in Japan itself, and often also literally JUST for adults (no no, not just THAT type of anime), than western cartoons in the west. Animation has never had broad adult respect in the west except as 'that's great, even though its for kids'. It's not made targetted at older audiences. On a general note only DC animation has done that a little more, especially with their recent animated features. So, I dunno... Animated video material gets less respect as an adult medium in the west. Blame snobby adults, I have no trouble seeing something in 2D animation. Hell, sometimes I find it flat out MORE cool than real life.

Also, many people are ****ing prudes.:p I find the audible censorship a LOT more annoying. It's ridiculous. People know what's being said anyway, including kids. 'Can I say ******* here?'
giphy.gif

Jep, this is what I think of when I see that effect too, gotta admit.:lol I never use it because it actually grosses me out lmfao.

Dc animation is definitely taking increasing notes from anime. The fighting in Son of Batman was very animeish (and awesome).

I think your question sort of hits the nail in its own terms because you can't equate cartoons to anime one-dimensionally. Anime is MUCH more popular among adults, especially in Japan itself, and often also literally JUST for adults (no no, not just THAT type of anime), than western cartoons in the west. Animation has never had broad adult respect in the west except as 'that's great, even though its for kids'. It's not made targetted at older audiences. On a general note only DC animation has done that a little more, especially with their recent animated features. So, I dunno... Animated video material gets less respect as an adult medium in the west. Blame snobby adults, I have no trouble seeing something in 2D animation. Hell, sometimes I find it flat out MORE cool than real life.

Also, many people are ****ing prudes.:p Especially in America (speaking as a european). I find the audible censorship a LOT more annoying. It's ridiculous. People know what's being said anyway, including kids. 'Can I say ******* here?'
giphy.gif

Yay but the audio censorship on some shows just makes it even funnier. Like if anyone else here watches (The Goldbergs).

Best instance of hilarious censorship is in Scarface.
"Where'd you get a scar like that? Eating PINEAPPLES?"

Also, many people are ****ing prudes.:p I find the audible censorship a LOT more annoying. It's ridiculous. People know what's being said anyway, including kids. 'Can I say ******* here?'
giphy.gif

Agreed on all points. There's only a handful of adult oriented cartoons in the west and they're usually obviously adult oriented if that makes any sense. Even so, anything that is animated is ignorantly placed into the cartoons category which implies children's television. I have yet to see an anime that doesn't have some type of adult theme to it. There's always some kind of violence, sexuality, language, or some other adult characteristic in most, if not all anime.

I HATE when people that don't watch anime see it and judge it instantly by saying it's nothing more than a cartoon. Get off your high horse pal :mad:

And yeah, censorship is freaking hilarious sometimes, both in American and Japanese animation

I HATE when people that don't watch anime see it and judge it instantly by saying it's nothing more than a cartoon. Get off your high horse pal :mad:

EXACTLY I really hate at school that some people ask me "aren't you to old to be watching anime"

EXACTLY I really hate at school that some people ask me "aren't you to old to be watching anime"

Yeah, ignore those folks, or better yet, call them out on it, I guarantee you they watch it too.

I have good friends who teased me for years for watching anime, only for me to either catch them watching it themselves or for them to right out admit they watched it too. Trust me, the ones who say such things are usually doing so to take the spotlight off them.

The fact that they KNOW what anime is tends to be a dead giveaway imo ;)

Back