S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next time play it safe and bet your first born.:lecture

@shonen, people who don't take anime seriously as a genre are ignorant idiots. Simple. Miyazaki, Naruto (which I myself havent even seen), ghost in the shell. That legit ****. Even among the snobbiest cinephiles. Anime has serious japanese culture and better plots than hollywood can dream of. Hell, without anime, we wouldn't have had the matrix. Daft Punk? HUGE anime fans, made interstellar 5555 with an anime legend. Go tell them to say anime isnt cool when daft punk are massive fans of it. Theyre the losers if they say yes. Hope thats a little bit of rhetoric ammo for ya.

I've never been teased with anime. But ive also not much brought it up to ignorant people.

And come on now guys that wouldn't be fair that we would get most of his stock and the general public who are waiting for it to be up on his site or eBay wouldn't have has much of a chance to get it. It basically be like the sdcc goku situation.

Unlock your inner Z fighter

What general public? He said himself the effects sell out in under 90 seconds.

FrankieDF, you could even take preorders for the next round if you don't want to sell off your entire stock here. I'd preorder an effect. I bet others would too.

Next time play it safe and bet your first born.:lecture

Oh and shonen, people who don't take anime seriously as a genre are ignorant idiots. Simple. Miyazaki, Naruto (which I myself havent even seen), ghost in the shell. That legit ****. Even among the snobbiest cinephiles. Anime has serious japanese culture and better plots than hollywood can dream of. Hell, without anime, we wouldn't have had the matrix. Daft Punk? HUGE anime fans, made interstellar 5555 with an anime legend. Go tell them to say anime isnt cool when daft punk are massive fans of it. Theyre the losers if they say yes. Hope thats a little bit of rhetoric ammo for ya.

I've never been teased with anime. But ive also not much brought it up to ignorant people.

Betting family members is always a safer bet. I have this one cousin who annoys me to no end I'd gladly get rid of :lol

Anime is art just as much as a well executed TV show or blockbuster film is. People just refuse to understand that because it's animated. Damn shame, since most people would probably really enjoy it if they get a chance. I've yet to see a "bad" anime. Everything I've watched, I've finished.

I actually suggest watching Naruto if you're up for it. It's quite a commitment since it's around 650 episodes but I just started it because of the new Figuarts they showed and it's actually pretty good. It's funny, got some good action and also a sense of adventure.

What general public? He said himself the effects sell out in under 90 seconds.

FrankieDF, you could even take preorders for the next round if you don't want to sell off your entire stock here. I'd preorder an effect. I bet others would too.

He would actually save money taking orders here and he could also put stock up on eBay as well. No harm, no foul.

Does anyone happen to have any tips or tricks as to how I might go about getting ahold of one of Mr. Popo's Shenron Prototypes?

shenron_prototype_popo.jpg

Trying to finish off the centerpiece of my DBZ display, and I just discovered this thing.. I'd really love to find one, though I'm sure they're tough to come by.

Thoughts?

He would actually save money taking orders here and he could also put stock up on eBay as well. No harm, no foul.

Also on the contrary shonen, it's frankie's prerogative who he wants to sell to and if he choses a board community where people actively give him feedback and take the effort to applaud his work, I find that very fair. That's proper good old pre-20th century trading. You go where your wares are appreciated.

That's essentially what an event or a shop exclusive is.:lol If frankie decides to make it all exclusive that's his choice lol, his stuff.

Does anyone happen to have any tips or tricks as to how I might go about getting ahold of one of Mr. Popo's Shenron Prototypes?

View attachment 198757

Trying to finish off the centerpiece of my DBZ display, and I just discovered this thing.. I'd really love to find one, though I'm sure they're tough to come by.

Thoughts?

You have to travel the world and collect 7 mysterious orange star-numbered orbs called dragon balls.

Goodluck!

You have to travel the world and collect 7 mysterious orange star-numbered orbs called dragon balls.

Goodluck!

Technically, this chicken came before those eggs, so I'm not sure you're correct on that..

And I already did the collecting anyway. Just got the last of them in the mail from Amazon. Who knew that's where they've been hiding this whole time?

Betting family members is always a safer bet. I have this one cousin who annoys me to no end I'd gladly get rid of :lol

Anime is art just as much as a well executed TV show or blockbuster film is. People just refuse to understand that because it's animated. Damn shame, since most people would probably really enjoy it if they get a chance. I've yet to see a "bad" anime. Everything I've watched, I've finished.

I actually suggest watching Naruto if you're up for it. It's quite a commitment since it's around 650 episodes but I just started it because of the new Figuarts they showed and it's actually pretty good. It's funny, got some good action and also a sense of adventure.

Lol, betting family relatives, never gets old.

I think a LOT more people do appreciate anime than the anime-scoffers think.

Yeah a friend of a relative of mine lives in japan and pitched me the thing and told me about the many japanese historical layers worked in to it, but it's (so far) not really for me. Talking about differences in anime style, naruto's style is one I don't fancy much. Maybe I will one day, I have multiple naruto-fan friends. I'm a very selective anime watcher tbh.

Random question, do you guys prefer displaying your figures in vanilla poses with little to no interaction between figures or more dynamic poses like fights between figures and such? I'm currently tweaking my display and I realize I haven't changed my DBZ poses for a VERY long time. All of mine are essentially just standing there looking badass or just attacking no one in particular or charging up a ki blast or something.

Technically, this chicken came before those eggs, so I'm not sure you're correct on that..

And I already did the collecting anyway. Just got the last of them in the mail from Amazon. Who knew that's where they've been hiding this whole time?

Nice! Damned amazon gets their greedy hands on everything these days. Ah man, in 2020 we'll get our balls by drone.

If only some teenage girl (who might be an android) invented a radar to track 'm...

Btw if we hop universes there's 9! A dragon with 9 balls!:panic:

Random question, do you guys prefer displaying your figures in vanilla poses with little to no interaction between figures or more dynamic poses like fights between figures and such? I'm currently tweaking my display and I realize I haven't changed my DBZ poses for a VERY long time. All of mine are essentially just standing there looking badass or just attacking no one in particular or charging up a ki blast or something.

I have equal love for both which is why I have a z fighter display, and doubles that are preferably different versions that are in fighting mode.

Once I have U gohan, BD goku and PC Vegeta, I'll have a z fighter display with goku, u gohan ssj vegeta, trunks, krillin, piccolo and hopefully one day Tien. And a battle setup with special lighting of Gohan ssj2 with cell, BD Goku with frieza, and normal goku with saiyan saga vegeta. And I have my second piccolo and second vegeta in solo battle poses.

That's sort of how I max the efficiency out of it and feel like getting the best of both worlds. Few iconic battles and battle poses, and an awesome group 'come at me bro' shot.

I really hope to add kid buu vs ssj3 goku and majin vegeta to the battle group one day, then I'll have all four top climactic saga defining battles.

Usually group shots, like fighting poses. BUT I got a set of act 5 stands in the mail today so the set-ups will soon be DYNAMIC. However, I am kind of disappointed. Yes, they have a ratcheting joint on the bottom, but the rest of the joints are the same as the act 4, so it doesn't really effectively hold up a heavy figure like I hoped it would. I have no problem with dbz figuarts, however I planned on throwing a couple of my fat american figures on stands but they just collapse. Typical.

Also on the contrary shonen, it's frankie's prerogative who he wants to sell to and if he choses a board community where people actively give him feedback and take the effort to applaud his work, I find that very fair. That's proper good old pre-20th century trading. You go where your wares are appreciated.

That's essentially what an event or a shop exclusive is.:lol If frankie decides to make it all exclusive that's his choice lol, his stuff.
f63a740beefdf72f8d0ebe53e6b690c188e2a8317589f3511c6c79ddae06f26d_1.gif

Unrelated to dragon ball but i asked my buddy if he is coming back for pacific rim sequel. He says no but he will miss seeing me sleep in the tractor.

Ugh...my tractor incident had to be brought up again...i had a little incident where i fell asleep in a tractor while working on the movie with Guillermo and the cast. At first, i was supposed to switch on the lights when cameras roll but it had to be nixed cuz it kept making a constant noise. So the production assistant told me to just sit there. Faat forward a few hours later, i got drowsy and tried really hard to stay awake. Kept getting out of the vehicle to stay awake. But those attempts failed cuz the tractor seat was really comfy. Needless to say, i fell asleep. Then my friend slammed his wrench on the tractor. Woke me up and next thing i see is a swarm of ipad's taking photos. Director and cast members were cracking up.

Would love to take a nap in that tractor again. It was the best nap i ever took.

Got pic's to share with is tin? [emoji38]
Of course not! We sign nda's and I wouldn't wanna risk leaking info during the shoot. This happened at least 3 years ago. Only reason it was brought up again is cuz I asked another BG buddy if he's gonna try to get into working on the sequel. I want this gig since Guillermo was a ton of fun last time. (He laughed his ass off when I woke up from what I can see)

I remember raising my concerns about spending many hours sitting in that thing that morning.

Unrelated to dragon ball but i asked my buddy if he is coming back for pacific rim sequel. He says no but he will miss seeing me sleep in the tractor.

Ugh...my tractor incident had to be brought up again...i had a little incident where i fell asleep in a tractor while working on the movie with Guillermo and the cast. At first, i was supposed to switch on the lights when cameras roll but it had to be nixed cuz it kept making a constant noise. So the production assistant told me to just sit there. Faat forward a few hours later, i got drowsy and tried really hard to stay awake. Kept getting out of the vehicle to stay awake. But those attempts failed cuz the tractor seat was really comfy. Needless to say, i fell asleep. Then my friend slammed his wrench on the tractor. Woke me up and next thing i see is a swarm of ipad's taking photos. Director and cast members were cracking up.

Would love to take a nap in that tractor again. It was the best nap i ever took.

What was your job on set? I'm just wondering why you're taking orders from PAs, they're usually lowest on the totem.

What was your job on set? I'm just wondering why you're taking orders from PAs, they're usually lowest on the totem.
I was a BG. Background actor.
I was lucky enough to get along so well with Guillermo and he figured out that i had some previous involvement with the dvd translations in hong kong.

I'd totally bet family members too :lol

Sad about animes, a lot are just beautifully done, Madoka Magica is one of the best in recent memory since it got theatrical adaptations of the original series, and even a sequel movie within a year of the mangas' creation if I'm correct. But people shrug it off like every other anime...
Dynamic poses of some kind always, unless I have a duplicate of that character or figure (mostly this line with the variants) in which case my duplicate is in a vanilla pose. I do need to change some of my poses though...

Back