S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is about what i would want from ssgss Vegeta in terms of hair sculpt:

CE3BBn4UgAAtmmC.jpg

I think a hybrid sculpt between gssj and majin is good enough for vegeta. Just a spikier more detailed sculpt.

@Orbi np, and man can't believe that goku makes krillin look orange. Could you ( or anyone) PLEASE put normal goku, krillin and mexigoku next to each other in photo with preferably daylight lighting!?

His sculpt needs to be updated, period. After the Cell Saga, the art style changed to reflect detailed hair so much so that even Goku's SSJ hair looks different. Any Vegeta post Cell Saga needs spikier, striated hair.

They're already covered for future SSJ Goku releases with the SSGSS hair. I'd actually want the SSGSS Goku hair for anything post Cell Saga and the old sculpt for anything before just for consistency sake. Same should go for Vegeta.

EXACTLY! Look at that detail! If Vegito and Ultimate Gohan can have detailed hair sculpt, so can Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta. Not just a ****ing re-use of the regular Super Saiyan Vegeta hair sculpt.

It should be buu saga style ssj hair, but Vegetas buu saga ssj and majin/ssj2 hair is almost identical anyway. He really should have the same sculpting as Goku.

Tamashii doesn't have to follow it precisely as long as we get a more updated sculpt but, I'm not sure if this is official artwork or not, I thought this was quite a good reference to Base/Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2 hair styles...

10931542_10204424489669523_8688944355966275316_n.jpg

Man we are just getting flooded with Gokus... am I the only one that still wants him in this outfit?

View attachment 189625

They'll prolly use his gi from Resurrection Frieza in DBSuper..

Nope! I want Uub, too. Majuub would be ****ing spectacular.

This is about what i would want from ssgss Vegeta in terms of hair sculpt:

View attachment 189628

Yeah, taller and fuller, definitely along the lines of this. We know it's not difficult for Tamashii to get that done, too. The past few releases with the hair have all had detailed striations added to it. Even Android 16 and he has a ****ing mohawk.

I can't remember his name but somebody from a Dragon Ball Z Facebook group posted that picture so they deserve the credit. I just saved it. :lol

We all agree that SSGSS Vegeta needs a new hairsculpt. That Android saga hair is different from the SSGSS hair. And I'm still confident they will make a new hairsculpt since we only saw his prototype. No official pictures were revealed so far.

Wow what a collection. I'll never have that much DBZ. I'm so picky, and not all that into statues anyway. Articulated or GTFO.

Wow what a collection. I'll never have that much DBZ. I'm so picky, and not all that into statues anyway. Articulated or GTFO.

When I first started out I was REALLY against statues. Big hunks of clay/PVC/what have you in a fixed pose. Then I got one for myself and everything changed. You just can't beat the level of detail that comes with statues but then again, they are in one pose FOREVER. As long as you like the pose and the sculpt, then everything is peachy. Plus, I like to keep my figures as mint as possible so I typically set em in a pose and leave it. It's such a pain reorganizing and reposing everything.

I solved the problem of deciding whether to go statues or articulated simply by collecting both :lol Not an economically sound decision but it makes the collecting game that much more interesting

^My only issue is resources. I don't feel like stepping into collecting another type of thing if that money could go to expanding what I already collect. That said I feel as much detail as statues might have, they still have sculpting issues almost all the time for me. I'm pretty nitpicky regarding that. And with a statue there's nothing to do to hide or change it. If a figure has an issue there's ways to think about masking it through posing, but a statue isn't just in the same pose all the time, it'll always show its flaws too. And that last thing is actually what's kept me at bay most. If I find a statue that's EXACTTLY in the pose I want and just perfectly sculpted, in the size range I want, yeah than I'll buy it. I came really really close to zero ssj goku and sometimes I still wanna go for some zeroes, but ultimately I'm like... nah would rather spend it on the articulated line after all. Idk, statues, because they're static, have much more favctors they really have to fully nail it in and that just honestly doesn't occur. I've barely seen a dbz statue that was perfect to me and then it winds up being too big or something like that...

Figures are flexible on multiple levels, literally and figuratively AND literally figuratively.:lol

Although I got the figure, I do not entered to the event, but friends who entered confirmed me that:

The SSGSS Goku also had the metallic hair like Vegeta.

The SS Vegeta and Trunks were not the re-paints.

And they think that the exhibitors mistakenly put the wrong Piccolo.
Why didn't you enter the event? :D
Did your friends take better pictures of the prototypes? I'm still looking for new pictures but I can't find any and the event is already over :(

^My only issue is resources. I don't feel like stepping into collecting another type of thing if that money could go to expanding what I already collect. That said I feel as much detail as statues might have, they still have sculpting issues almost all the time for me. I'm pretty nitpicky regarding that. And with a statue there's nothing to do to hide or change it. If a figure has an issue there's ways to think about masking it through posing, but a statue isn't just in the same pose all the time, it'll always show its flaws too. And that last thing is actually what's kept me at bay most. If I find a statue that's EXACTTLY in the pose I want and just perfectly sculpted, in the size range I want, yeah than I'll buy it. I came really really close to zero ssj goku and sometimes I still wanna go for some zeroes, but ultimately I'm like... nah would rather spend it on the articulated line after all. Idk, statues, because they're static, have much more favctors they really have to fully nail it in and that just honestly doesn't occur. I've barely seen a dbz statue that was perfect to me and then it winds up being too big or something like that...

Figures are flexible on multiple levels, literally and figuratively AND literally figuratively.:lol

I just recently got into DBZ statues. A MAJORITY of them look terrible imo. Inconsistent scales, too stylized, weird coloring, etc. MSP and Figuarts Zero EX are the only ones I consider "worthy" of collecting and maybe cherry picking from the DoD line, yet I still don't have anything besides MSP. Other series have a very well established statue selection such as Code Geass, Attack on Titan, and Queen's Blade. It's really DBZ that tends to fail in the statue department and is only now offering some decent choices.

Oh, and very clever :lol

I just recently got into DBZ statues. A MAJORITY of them look terrible imo. Inconsistent scales, too stylized, weird coloring, etc. MSP and Figuarts Zero EX are the only ones I consider "worthy" of collecting and maybe cherry picking from the DoD line, yet I still don't have anything besides MSP. Other series have a very well established statue selection such as Code Geass, Attack on Titan, and Queen's Blade. It's really DBZ that tends to fail in the statue department and is only now offering some decent choices.

Oh, and very clever :lol

I love my figuarts zeroes and next month I got trunks and Galick gun vegeta coming.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Great pictures, Jamb!

I'm not a big fan of Vegeta's armor. There's no depth or detail to it. It seems very flat to me. (Edited: I believe that's due to the art design.)

Buu Absorbed Gotenks seems he'll only come with that one face. Understandable since he had the upper hand for most of that transformation.

Buu Absorbed Gohan will hopefully come with different faces.

Beerus looks great.

Hopefully we get to see the re-colors for Super Saiyan Vegeta and Future Trunks at SDCC. I'm getting them one way or another. I just would like to see them before October.

Golden Frieza looks really good in that picture. I may have to order another one so I can pose a fight with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta.

Lol, Golden Frieza's expression in the picture is like "DAMN! Those are Mexican Goku's prices?!?!" hahaha :D

Silrian: in the course of the week I'll take that picture, for now my other figures are in a box below and behind many others.

Angelo & Havok: for now my friends just sent me two pictures that I put before:

Some images of Trunks:

GTNM002_zpsnicrjudd.jpg

GTNM001_zpsat8etzco.jpg

As they sent me the other I posting here.

A couple of friends gave me the special ticket for the figure because they only wanted one :yess:

Back