S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bandai don't oh no one anything the series ended in the 90s over in Japan America fans are clinging on it's been over for a while now we're lucky we are getting those.

We differ. I say if Bandai wont supply the demand, then give the rights to someone who will. Keep in mind that this policy is one of the same reasons that Bandai has been underwater to begin with. There's a blatant, screaming demand for reissues, the fact that Bandai wont put up is just evidence of extreme incompetence at the corporate level... as evidenced by their years upon years of near bankruptcy.

This has been an ongoing debate for a while now. The answer is, there is no "real" answer. It's just how the company rolls :dunno

Haha I see. I bet sooner or later that rule may end lol

Doubt it.. It's been that way since the line almost failed in 2009. so I doubt that's gonna change anytime soon.

But they DID break their rule, because they rereleased the web exclusive shf zero ssj goku. They said it was a rare occurrence (on twitter). I called BS on it then and I still do. I don't care what Bandai does as long as they let the consumers know what they can expect in terms of how they do business. Now we don't. True Krec, bandai owes dbz fans nothing. But this isn't about dbz. Breaking their policy sets a precedent for ANYTHING they sell.

Until they give clarity – whatever the content of it may be – they don't treat their consumers right. Rereleasing web exclusive zero ssj goku makes the situation unexplainable for consumers and they've not given us ANYTHING to explain that at all except the words that the 'web-exclusive debate' is, or was as of I think a year ago, 'still debated internally'. Meanwhile they keep displaying product that's sold out, although as of the last showrooms they seem to have stopped doing that. I hope.

Consumers are in the right to call out a company when it's behaving unpleasantly toward its customers and Bandai Tamashii is on this particular front. Conclude what you will, form any opinion you will, take it or leave it, spam their facebook, or don't, buy ssj vegeta or don't, buy bootlegs or don't, all of it every customer can decide for themselves, but the simple fact is that Tamashii has created an entirely unpredictable and incomprehensible situation for its consumers. They can fix that with 1 public statement giving clarity. The longer they take/wait/need, the worse it gets.

/discussion

We should start a petition or something. This is ridiculous. I think Bandai has an obligation to the fans of dbz. Sure they have other projects to worry about, but reissuing the figures will no doubt be a win win for everyone. And as I said, it should be an obligation for them. I see this as a big middle finger from bandai.

We should be lucky were even getting more and more figures each year.. Bandai could just give us the middle finger. But they are not each year it seems we get more and more figures each year. If you compare each year.

Hey guys, random thought and a bit off topic. Why don't the clothes get disintegrated during battles? I mean if a ki blast can destroy rocks and vaporize flesh, shouldn't it do the same to clothing? This goes for all animes, not specifically DBZ. Cuz if you think about it realistically, one energy blast would vaporize the clothing and there would be naked fights all the time :lol

But they DID break their rule, because they rereleased the web exclusive shf zero ssj goku. They said it was a rare occurrence (on twitter). I called BS on it then and I still do.

/discussion

WOOOW! You make a lot of good points in your post, but this first bit is a real shocker. Shf zero are statue figures, and as we know, those just so happen to be big in Japan. So we've seen now that Banda is willing to bend the rules for Japan when it comes to web exclusives, but not for the rest of the world. Really feels like Bandai is extending those middle fingers.

Good post though, I agree 100% I think this entire situation is a bit ridiculous.

I'm curious about one thing. How many pieces of each Dragonball Figuarts toy do they make per release? For example, Super Saiyan Vegeta, how many did they make? It's just that bootleg company Datong might be making more money out of Super Saiyan Vegeta now especially since Datong's gonna re-issue it again.

Dragonball is one of those iconic shows that will always be loved by people i think, and that's why it would always sell.

I wonder if someday, there would be Datong Monsterarts Godzilla lol :)

I have to agree with both sides. We are extremely lucky to get new stuff from something that concluded over 20 years ago but if they are financially struggling they are not capitalizing on a golden opportunity. When a bootleg of an item is selling for almost five times what the original legit versions retail price was, well that just proves how dumb they are or how blind they are to the situation. At this point if they re released SS Vegeta and charged $50 they would still sell out faster than they could pump them out.
Just saiyan.

Hey guys, random thought and a bit off topic. Why don't the clothes get disintegrated during battles? I mean if a ki blast can destroy rocks and vaporize flesh, shouldn't it do the same to clothing? This goes for all animes, not specifically DBZ. Cuz if you think about it realistically, one energy blast would vaporize the clothing and there would be naked fights all the time :lol
I've been wondering the same thing. It's one of my many unanswered questions in life.

Hmmm Frieza's naked, Cell's naked... but they didn't have any ding dongs dangling :D

I guess the world isn't prepared to see hyper speed sword fights just yet. It would be distracting to see other things than the Dragonballs bouncing around hehe :)

The accepted idea is that their clothes are protected by their kai. It's plot convenience at its finest.

where do goku's magic pants & shoes come from when he reverts from Golden Oozaru to SSj4?

There is probably no sensible answer to this other than "because". You could argue that Saiyan armor is built for battle so that's how it stands up to the damage (kinda), but Goku's gi has no explanation. Magic cotton? It could be their ki envelopes their body in an energy shield of sorts. Shirts never make it to the end of the fight, but pants always stay in tact. Convenient. That always really bugged me concerning the Incredible Hulk as well. Not that I want to see his monster green dong, but his pants always stay in tact. Seems unlikely.

Vegeta seems like the type to fight naked, purely for intimidation.
nude-vegeta.jpg
Whatcha lookin' at?

I recall it was stated Saiyan armor is indeed 1 size fits all & made of like a stretchy elastic material, which explains how Vegeta can go from Great Ape back to normal without his armor breaking off. I always wondered how in the hell Piccolo just "zapped" a sword & gi on chibi Gohan, until I read in the manga Vegeta & Nappa stating how Nameks are born with "wizard-like" powers..

..which is a common & acceptable explanation to whenever a mysterious event happens in fiction. Just say "a wizard did it" and that's all the info you need.

I just go with a lot of the things about namekians being that they're aliens, and logic of aliens is always different on media.

The better question is how does he become an adult again during SSJ4? :lol

Now that we're on this path:

Why didn't Vegeta and Goku get their tails back whenever they were wished back to life? Tien grows back his arm when he's wished back.

I recall it was stated Saiyan armor is indeed 1 size fits all & made of like a stretchy elastic material, which explains how Vegeta can go from Great Ape back to normal without his armor breaking off. I always wondered how in the hell Piccolo just "zapped" a sword & gi on chibi Gohan, until I read in the manga Vegeta & Nappa stating how Nameks are born with "wizard-like" powers..

..which is a common & acceptable explanation to whenever a mysterious event happens in fiction. Just say "a wizard did it" and that's all the info you need.

Piccolo does this often. Here he gives Gohan new duds after time chamber training.

One of my favs is when he flies up to the lookout to fuse with Kami and his turban and cape appear on him before he touches down, almost as if the lookout is holy ground and he musn't set foot upon it without being properly dressed.

There is probably no sensible answer to this other than "because". You could argue that Saiyan armor is built for battle so that's how it stands up to the damage (kinda), but Goku's gi has no explanation. Magic cotton? It could be their ki envelopes their body in an energy shield of sorts. Shirts never make it to the end of the fight, but pants always stay in tact. Convenient. That always really bugged me concerning the Incredible Hulk as well. Not that I want to see his monster green dong, but his pants always stay in tact. Seems unlikely.

Vegeta seems like the type to fight naked, purely for intimidation.
View attachment 181674
Whatcha lookin' at?

Yeah that's how I rationalized it. Their ki protects their bodies from ripping apart as well as their clothing.

Oh and Vegeta...

dat-ass-meme.jpg

Back