S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that we're on this path:

Why didn't Vegeta and Goku get their tails back whenever they were wished back to life? Tien grows back his arm when he's wished back.
Goku's was removed permanently by Kami, which I'm going to assume is because Kami is a god that it was taken off for good. Vegeta's probably wasn't able to grow back due to him being an adult by the time it was cut off.

Goku's was removed permanently by Kami, which I'm going to assume is because Kami is a god that it was taken off for good. Vegeta's probably wasn't able to grow back due to him being an adult by the time it was cut off.

Those would seem like sensible answers if I didnt know that old forgetful fox Toriyama. I'm thinking the real reason is "just because". We should know better than to question the logic of dragon ball.

Kami took off Goku's tail and burned the stump after he defeated Piccolo Daimaoh. Vegeta was told once he left the healing chamber that his tail would grow back after losing it to Yajirobe on Earth. As a warrior race it seems likely that a few would lose a tail here or there. It's a little surprising to think non-reptile or amphibians like Saiyans would grow back their tails but that's the impression we were given.

When it comes to Ten and his arm, he lost it at the moment of his death whereas Goku and Vegeta never lost their tails at the moment of their deaths. Why Goku's tail never grew back makes sense; Vegeta's, well, Toriyama probably forgot to include it considering that Vegeta was going to become a Super Saiyan and Oozaru wasn't going to be used anymore until DBGT.

Vegetto review. Interesting how the blast effect connects directly to the hand. I guess that's the only way you're doing fx without a stand included.

Thanks for posting that video! I'm looking forward to Vegito a lot more than I thought I would be. He's still not one of those figures that I'm really excited for by himself though. I feel without Buu Saga Vegeta or Gohan absorbed Super Buu he's a "work in progress." I had the Irwin Vegito and thought he was cool but I remember how awesome I thought the Jakks Vegito was when I received him and Ultimate Gohan in the mail. I never watched the complete Buu Saga back then and couldn't relate anything with them but they were still so cool. Other than Majin Vegeta, a lot about the Buu Saga is very "meh" to me now after watching it.

I'm fascinated how they did the faces and the bangs. That's different, isn't it?

Thanks for posting that video! I'm looking forward to Vegito a lot more than I thought I would be. He's still not one of those figures that I'm really excited for by himself though. I feel without Buu Saga Vegeta or Gohan absorbed Super Buu he's a "work in progress." I had the Irwin Vegito and thought he was cool but I remember how awesome I thought the Jakks Vegito was when I received him and Ultimate Gohan in the mail. I never watched the complete Buu Saga back then and couldn't relate anything with them but they were still so cool. Other than Majin Vegeta, a lot about the Buu Saga is very "meh" to me now after watching it.

I'm fascinated how they did the faces and the bangs. That's different, isn't it?

Yeah, I thought at first perhaps he just wasn't removing the bangs but it seems that they dont come off. I'm looking at those potara earrings I'm gonna no doubt snap off eventually as I'm trying to put the head back on.

Vegetto photo review.

g14_thumb_20150426190420.jpg

S.H.

Just got my shipping notice for Vegito from Nippon. Will have him Thursday or Friday... In other news look who came in the mail today:

11187260_10153252848069346_3497190718029122122_o.jpg

11046563_10153252848064346_2807024442516439235_o.jpg

Yeah, I thought at first perhaps he just wasn't removing the bangs but it seems that they dont come off. I'm looking at those potara earrings I'm gonna no doubt snap off eventually as I'm trying to put the head back on.

They're usually pretty good hiding the seem of the hair sculpts so I'm surprised they went this route. Although, now that I look at the figure, especially from the picture review that timone317 posted (thanks for that!), I believe I do see a seem. It includes the two bangs and then a lock of hair to the left...

v10_thumb.jpg

Or is that just me?

Speaking of hair sculpts, the most impressive hair sculpt I've seen in person is Super Saiyan 2 Gohan. Other than a giant bang, he's all forehead but the face and hair sculpt come together very nicely.

His bang could still come off, we don't know that yet (although it does look like they're molded). Just like how most people are clueless the 2 bangs on Trunks' SSj hair could pop off [and on again]. I wouldn't worry about his earrings snapping off, look at Piccolo. I dropped him several times & his antennas remained intact, which are way more vulnerable & exposed than Vegetto's Potara earrings. Unless you're physically playing with these figures (i'm sure 99% of us just pose them & nothing else) on a daily basis like they're G.I. Joe's, then Vegetto's earrings, Piccolo's antenna's, etc. should be fine.

Not sure whether this ahs been said but RoF gets a funimation dub this summer, Frieza was cast I saw.

Yeah, the same Frieza voice actor from Kai. They revealed that at C2E2 and I couldn't relate because I've never heard the actor before. Chris Sabat was saying that even though they enjoyed the Frieza voice actor from the original Funimation dub, the Frieza voice actor from Kai fit the source material better in terms that he came across as an "evil businessman," which is what I believe Toriyama used as inspiration for the character.

His bang could still come off, we don't know that yet (although it does look like they're molded). Just like how most people are clueless the 2 bangs on Trunks' SSj hair could pop off [and on again]. I wouldn't worry about his earrings snapping off, look at Piccolo. I dropped him several times & his antennas remained intact, which are way more vulnerable & exposed than Vegetto's Potara earrings. Unless you're physically playing with these figures (i'm sure 99% of us just pose them & nothing else) on a daily basis like they're G.I. Joe's, then Vegetto's earrings, Piccolo's antenna's, etc. should be fine.

I brought up Trunks' bangs awhile ago because I saw a picture of the figure with them off. I don't think anybody took them off because there was no point. With Vegito, it may be beneficial to take the bangs off just to have a secured fit for the face but it doesn't seem to be that difficult in the video. Maybe using a q-tip just to push the face down.

Back