S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Bane Frieza utterly deserved the full and entire embarrassment of being demolished by a teen ssj whose name he doesn't even know. Doesn't matter if you like frieza or not, in the story he's someone who deserves the worst possible embarrassment cause he's an absolute pinnacle of a bastard. His instakill remains one of my fav scenes in the entire franchise. Future Trunks is the ****ing man and the only one out of all the saiyans who just gets **** done if he can, he's like the only one who transcends the whole 'letting **** get out of hand when you could've fixed it' thing cause he had to live the horror of the consequences of it. It's too bad that kid trunks doesn't and becomes like the other guys. I wish goten didn't exist and kid trunks was the one who constantly points out that people are being idiots for stalling etc. Kid Trunks should've had future trunks demeanour more, even if he didn't have his upbringing.

Honestly I wish they hadn't used kid trunks at all and just had Bul;ma find a way to make contact with a fully adult future Trunks and have him hop over when the z fighters are in a pinch. Especially if Future Trunks had had his own small miniseries with his own new enemies that make him go ssj2 etc. **** would've been so rad if he had come in to fight Buu as a ssj2. Bulma could've contacted the future to warn of Buu and Trunks could've destroyed it so his timeline doesn't have to face Buu's awakening, then he hops back in time to help the normal timeline.

he didnt degrade a character. the old vegeta wouldnt care who got hurt in a fight. he gradually made vegeta care about people, specifically bulma and trunks. beginning of cell saga he didnt care that bulma or trunks got hurt as long as he got to fight. BoG you see him sacrifice his pride to protect bulma and trunks, eventually standing up to Beerus after he hurt bulma. that shows character growth over the series. its why he is a fan favorite

Yes! Character development. Even if that scene is ridiculous.

Okay here's a defence of BoG that some might find controversial:
People are being too hung up on one funny scene in dbz. DB's original material is very comedic, that's why I say I'm a fan of the western OG dub, Toriyama never asked for the seriousness with which they dealt with dbz. Vegeta dancing was funny, Vegeta also had to wear a pink shirt and yellow pants in the cell saga. Seriously, he couldve run to any store and just grab something else. It's just funny to place such a serious and self-absorbed character in embarrassing spots like that, and harmless. It was also a means to show just how freakin afraid he is of Beerus, which says something of beerus.

In BoG toriyama's done nothing with any character that goes against the character and imo even Goku's god state was handled okay because he had no choice. I can see why Toriyama was like yeah I can forever continue the 'and he becomes stronger again because he powers up' cycle but I want something different for once, I want Goku to have to stray into a means he really does not like for once – Goku didn't want to have to resort given power, but he had to. May I also remind people Goku was willing to drink empowering water to help his indian friend in DB? The fact that it was a test doesn't mean he wasn't willing to outright accept power handed to him to save or help his friends. I kind of enjoyed that and I can see why toriyama wanted to take goku to a situation like that in his later life again. He was clear he wanted to put Goku in the situation where he can access an entirely new plane of power, which is smart because it breaks and opens up the franchise for a new realm. I agree with Toriyama, it's interesting to show goku as a character in his curiosity to levels of power, as well as his resolution to do ANYTHING to save the earth, overcome his pride to want to get everywhere on his own. I like how Toriyama, amidst of a lot of comedy, manages to still insert true-to-life sincerity like that, because it makes Goku relatable in a new way by placing the emphasis on his curiosity and his selflessness. Nobody is entirely selfmade. Sometimes people go on a different diet and they become stronger permanently, that's power handed to you too. Not everything can be done just by pushing yourself. It's a moment in his older life where he just has to deal with the fact that there are forces truly bigger than him, no matter how hard he pushes himself, so in this case he had to push his pride, rather than his body. It feels very relatable to me. Only moreso when I ponder it.
EDIT It's also a yin-yang thing. If Goku ALWAYS manages to just push himself to get there, we essentially have the superman issue. It just gets stale. You have to show that he can't always manage that, in order to renew appreciation for when he can.

However RoF seems to uh, well, let's just say I haven't found any logic from Toriyama's pov why he wanted to make that plot the way it apparently seems to be...

Okay here's a defence of BoG that some might find controversial:
People are being too hung up on one funny scene in dbz. DB's original material is very comedic, that's why I say I'm a fan of the western OG dub, Toriyama never asked for the seriousness with which they dealt with dbz. Vegeta dancing was funny, Vegeta also had to wear a pink shirt and yellow pants in the cell saga. Seriously, he couldve run to any store and just grab something else. It's just funny to place such a serious and self-absorbed character in embarrassing spots like that, and harmless. It was also a means to show just how freakin afraid he is of Beerus, which says something of beerus.

In BoG toriyama's done nothing with any character that goes against the character and imo even Goku's god state was handled okay because he had no choice. I can see why Toriyama was like yeah I can forever continue the 'and he becomes stronger again because he powers up' cycle but I want something different for once, I want Goku to have to stray into a means he really does not like for once – Goku didn't want to have to resort given power, but he had to. May I also remind people Goku was willing to drink empowering water to help his indian friend in DB? The fact that it was a test doesn't mean he wasn't willing to outright accept power handed to him to save or help his friends. I kind of enjoyed that and I can see why toriyama wanted to take goku to a situation like that in his later life again. He was clear he wanted to put Goku in the situation where he can access an entirely new plane of power, which is smart because it breaks and opens up the franchise for a new realm. I agree with Toriyama, it's interesting to show goku as a character in his curiosity to levels of power, as well as his resolution to do ANYTHING to save the earth, overcome his pride to want to get everywhere on his own. I like how Toriyama, amidst of a lot of comedy, manages to still insert true-to-life sincerity like that, because it makes Goku relatable in a new way by placing the emphasis on his curiosity and his selflessness. Nobody is entirely selfmade. Sometimes people go on a different diet and they become stronger permanently, that's power handed to you too. Not everything can be done just by pushing yourself. It's a moment in his older life where he just has to deal with the fact that there are forces truly bigger than him, no matter how hard he pushes himself, so in this case he had to push his pride, rather than his body. It feels very relatable to me. Only moreso when I ponder it.
EDIT It's also a yin-yang thing. If Goku ALWAYS manages to just push himself to get there, we essentially have the superman issue. It just gets stale. You have to show that he can't always manage that, in order to renew appreciation for when he can.

However RoF seems to uh, well, let's just say I haven't found any logic from Toriyama's pov why he wanted to make that plot the way it apparently seems to be...

When I first saw that scene I was a little peeved because of how scared Vegeta was but also it does show how he's willing to embarrass himself for his friends/family. Then we see the "My Bulma" scene and that redeemed the dancing part tenfold. Favorite part of the movie.

NOW, we throw in the ROF developments. Looking back at that scene and seeing how Toriyama really thinks of Vegeta and the path storywise that he's choosing to take makes me have some resentment towards the author. Vegeta is a great character and the way he's been treated over the years be it the anime or movies is sad as a huge Vegeta fan. If you think about the other movies that don't even have too much Toriyama input, Vegeta would always come in, fight a little bit, then get thrown to the side only for Goku to throw a Spirit Bomb or whatever. I love Goku but I'm tired of the same formula. When will Vegeta save the day? The answer in Toriyama's mind is HAHAHA never.

Kid Trunks should've had future trunks demeanour more, even if he didn't have his upbringing.

Honestly I wish they hadn't used kid trunks at all and just had Bul;ma find a way to make contact with a fully adult future Trunks and have him hop over when the z fighters are in a pinch. Especially if Future Trunks had had his own small miniseries with his own new enemies that make him go ssj2 etc. **** would've been so rad if he had come in to fight Buu as a ssj2. Bulma could've contacted the future to warn of Buu and Trunks could've destroyed it so his timeline doesn't have to face Buu's awakening, then he hops back in time to help the normal timeline.

It would have been rad to have Trunks' time machine malfunction and him become stuck in the past and permanently join the z fighter roster. He would have added a good balance. Future Trunks had Bulma's common sense and intuition--some things severly lacking amongst the z fighters. But alas, the reason we probably like him so much is because he's only around for a limited amount of time.

I actually like that they made kid Trunks be more braggadocio because of Vegeta's influence on him. But he does fall into the trap of being yet another prideful character. I also believe that kid Trunks was more powerful than future Trunks because of Vegeta's training. How do you think kid Trunks matches up against Cell Games Gohan (before ssj2)?

@Bane Frieza utterly deserved the full and entire embarrassment of being demolished by a teen ssj whose name he doesn't even know. Doesn't matter if you like frieza or not, in the story he's someone who deserves the worst possible embarrassment cause he's an absolute pinnacle of a bastard. His instakill remains one of my fav scenes in the entire franchise. Future Trunks is the ****ing man and the only one out of all the saiyans who just gets **** done if he can, he's like the only one who transcends the whole 'letting **** get out of hand when you could've fixed it' thing cause he had to live the horror of the consequences of it. It's too bad that kid trunks doesn't and becomes like the other guys. I wish goten didn't exist and kid trunks was the one who constantly points out that people are being idiots for stalling etc. Kid Trunks should've had future trunks demeanour more, even if he didn't have his upbringing.

I completely understand that point, and it's valid! I don't think it was bad writing, but I just didn't like it. I would have preferred Trunks just killing King Cold and his scouters.

I completely agree your second point, but I enjoyed Kid Trunks as a character. I hate Gotenks with all my heart though! Him and Boo's regeneration ability were the two things I just can't stand. I know I've made my complaints about SSJ3, but it makes sense. All that energy went to his hair, and synthesized more protein, and then his head had to compensate for the added mass. It's cool, and it makes story sense.

I'm getting ready for Mass, but I'll read your next posts later. I always appreciate your long posts! :) Whether or not RoF is awful, I liked Vegeta's development a lot in Battle of Gods. Including the dancing seen. It showed how much he grew.

So on another note, I contacted MHToyShop regarding the new Avengers Figuarts and they told me something pretty interesting. Essentially, Bluefin told them they might have trouble fulfilling all their orders for those figures. My guess is this is part exaggeration on Bluefin's part due to Bandai/Tamashii back in Japan trying to figure out their numbers but it did get me thinking.

I (and others) have noticed Amazon has become rather "funny" lately with Tamashii items for pre-order. Some they seem to be getting (like Vegetto, FiguartsZERO Scouter Vegeta, etc.) but they have IGNORED obvious money-makers like the Gohan re-issue. I'm wondering if Bandai/Tamashii production numbers just aren't "large enough" for some of their Worldwide retailers...hence why Amazon isn't getting those items, because other retailers have essentially "beaten them to the punch" and gotten their orders in and Bandai/Tamashii doesn't have enough for other retailers like Amazon.

Just a thought!

So on another note, I contacted MHToyShop regarding the new Avengers Figuarts and they told me something pretty interesting. Essentially, Bluefin told them they might have trouble fulfilling all their orders for those figures. My guess is this is part exaggeration on Bluefin's part due to Bandai/Tamashii back in Japan trying to figure out their numbers but it did get me thinking.

I (and others) have noticed Amazon has become rather "funny" lately with Tamashii items for pre-order. Some they seem to be getting (like Vegetto, FiguartsZERO Scouter Vegeta, etc.) but they have IGNORED obvious money-makers like the Gohan re-issue. I'm wondering if Bandai/Tamashii production numbers just aren't "large enough" for some of their Worldwide retailers...hence why Amazon isn't getting those items, because other retailers have essentially "beaten them to the punch" and gotten their orders in and Bandai/Tamashii doesn't have enough for other retailers like Amazon.

Just a thought!

I'm pretty sure once Gohan comes out, Amazon will be selling him. I will be one of them buying it since I didn't get the original.

What amazon does carry seems to be quite random. I ordered the ssj Gohan re-release a couple months ago from anime island for $22, so I'm really pleased with that. Have you found the ssj Goku re-release on amazon? I've seen it for $25 some places. Isnt datong doing a ssj Goku as well?

EDIT: $22
Dragon Ball Z: S.H.Figuarts Super Saiyan Son Goku

What amazon does carry seems to be quite random. I ordered the ssj Gohan re-release a couple months ago from anime island for $22, so I'm really pleased with that. Have you found the ssj Goku re-release on amazon? I've seen it for $25 some places. Isnt datong doing a ssj Goku as well?

EDIT: $22
Dragon Ball Z: S.H.Figuarts Super Saiyan Son Goku

I haven't. They're not up yet.

So, my Trunks figure sold today, for the second time. For the second time, I get another dead beat bidder. I requested no one with 0 feedback bid this time, since the last winner had 0 and never paid nor responded to my messages. So, someone at the last second with 1 feedback bids, and this is what their 1 feedback says:

Dead beat buyer- wins the auction and fails to purchase. Beware!

This is really frustrating.

So, my Trunks figure sold today, for the second time. For the second time, I get another dead beat bidder. I requested no one with 0 feedback bid this time, since the last winner had 0 and never paid nor responded to my messages. So, someone at the last second with 1 feedback bids, and this is what their 1 feedback says:

Damn that sucks.... Hope you are able to sell him.. How much you asking BTW?

I don't understand the point of someone bidding on an auction, winning, and not paying for it. It's literally eBay trolling

Damn that sucks.... Hope you are able to sell him.. How much you asking BTW?

Well, the 1st auction ended at $319.01 and the 2nd ended at $305. At this point, I'm willing to let him go for $275 outside of ebay, since I wouldn't have to pay the eBay fees. That would include S&H. Also, anyone interested, please, make sure to read all the details about him and check out the pictures, as I colored in his pupils black and had to make a new sword sheath peg to hold it on his back:

Bandai s H Figuarts Dragon Ball Z Custom Trunks with Black Pupils | eBay

I don't understand the point of someone bidding on an auction, winning, and not paying for it. It's literally eBay trolling

I know. I'm trying to figure out if I've done something to piss someone off to have 2 consecutive bidders be bogus. I've sold quite a bit of stuff on eBay and can recall only a couple of non-paying bidders in my 10+ yrs of being on eBay, and never had it happen 2 consecutive times.

I checked the recent winner's mailing address and it's an Arby's fast food restaurant...

What I used to do was, if they had less then 5 feedback then they couldn't bid. If they did I would retract the bid. I know it seems harsh but I had what happened to you happen to me a few times. If I were you I would try that.

What I used to do was, if they had less then 5 feedback then they couldn't bid. If they did I would retract the bid. I know it seems harsh but I had what happened to you happen to me a few times. If I were you I would try that.

My concern is that people are going to see that this is the 3rd time I've listed in the past few weeks and think I'm trying to raise the bids myself with false accounts. I don't know. Maybe I should just hold for awhile with trying to sell him, and implement your strategy the next time I list him. I don't reckon the value should go down much.

Well, the 1st auction ended at $319.01 and the 2nd ended at $305. At this point, I'm willing to let him go for $275 outside of ebay, since I wouldn't have to pay the eBay fees. That would include S&H. Also, anyone interested, please, make sure to read all the details about him and check out the pictures, as I colored in his pupils black and had to make a new sword sheath peg to hold it on his back:

Bandai s H Figuarts Dragon Ball Z Custom Trunks with Black Pupils | eBay

Well once all my stuff sells and payments are clear I may take ya up on that offer if you still have him by then... A week or so give or take.

Well once all my stuff sells and payments are clear I may take ya up on that offer if you still have him by then... A week or so give or take.

I have one person, that messaged me ahead of seeing your post, and I told them I would wait a few weeks so that they could gather the necessary funds. If for some reason that falls through, you'll be the first one I check with to see if you're still interested.

Are you setting bidder requirements? There's a setting towards the bottom where you can basically add buyer restrictions. It's how I get rid of International bidders, -1 bidders, etc.

Back