S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you setting bidder requirements? There's a setting towards the bottom where you can basically add buyer restrictions. It's how I get rid of International bidders, -1 bidders, etc.

I've seen where you can uncheck the "international Bidders" box before, but never seen where you can get that specific with buyer restrictions. Are you able to take a screenshot of it and share? It would be good to know for my current and future listings.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I've seen where you can uncheck the "international Bidders" box before, but never seen where you can get that specific with buyer restrictions. Are you able to take a screenshot of it and share? It would be good to know for my current and future listings.

Managing bidders and buyers

Click on "Setting up buyer requirements"

You can't block them all, but hopefully it'll help a little! :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well, the 1st auction ended at $319.01 and the 2nd ended at $305. At this point, I'm willing to let him go for $275 outside of ebay, since I wouldn't have to pay the eBay fees. That would include S&H. Also, anyone interested, please, make sure to read all the details about him and check out the pictures, as I colored in his pupils black and had to make a new sword sheath peg to hold it on his back:

Bandai s H Figuarts Dragon Ball Z Custom Trunks with Black Pupils | eBay

I know. I'm trying to figure out if I've done something to piss someone off to have 2 consecutive bidders be bogus. I've sold quite a bit of stuff on eBay and can recall only a couple of non-paying bidders in my 10+ yrs of being on eBay, and never had it happen 2 consecutive times.

I checked the recent winner's mailing address and it's an Arby's fast food restaurant...

Give people a deal on the forums and it will sell quick. 305$ on eBay would be 268$ without interest just saying.

I'd like to buy a Trunks figure for a reasonable price. Woulda bought it immediately if I had enough funds. Been recovering from a huge ebay purchase where I was the only bidder but a sixth scale figurine of Donnie Yen as Ip Man is too hard to pass up.

Oh, it's accurate. I just much prefer the platinum blond. I think everyone should come with a smirk!

Well, the creator and artist Nakatsuru Katsuyoshi of SSJ4 Goku/GT would agree with you. This is what he said, while creating it:

The thought behind that hairstyle was to take it in a different direction than Super Saiyan 3, and make it wild. I made the fur red because it pretty much just seemed strong; I place a lot of importance on those sorts of impressions (laughs). Right from the planning stage images, the idea had been to bring together Oozaru Goku and Super Saiyan Goku. “Goku with primal power”, that sort of thing.

There was no design besides the single final draft. It was just that with the colors, and I also made a gold-haired version. However, I thought that black hair looked better, and decided upon that version. The combination of black and red is a more dynamic color scheme.

Thanks for your explanation. Freeza's my favorite villain, and third favorite character, because I love his personality. He's sadistic, whiny, paranoid, pompous, elegant, obstinate, and cavalier. I thought he was made into a joke when he was brought back as a cyborg though.

This is my favorite scene with him. I like the KAI version as well, but I just prefer the Japanese:

I prefer the platinum blond, too. I also prefer striations in the hair. I feel that really gives them a dimensional feel to it. Yeah, most, if not all, characters should come with a smirk. Hopefully Toei/Funimation will be more accepting for their approvals.

I couldn't agree more with the creator! :lol Where did you find that quote?

Frieza is a rotten, bratty, bastard that makes for one hell of a villain. I do agree how he has multiple aspects of his personality that gives him a very wide range. Which is most unusual for villains.

That scene does have a very strong impact. It's almost like Batman getting his ass handed to him by Joe Chill.

Considering we have faces from reg goku that should fit any other regular goku that's an adult and assuming adult gohan comeas with a smirk (if it doesn't I will rage), this is my ultimate S/N Goku release:
Spoiler Spoiler:

^If this gets made I will buy 3.

2) no I don't think I will buy manga gohan because I notice I'm just never using the cape. Also with Ultimate Gohan, I don't need three gohan's. Just 1 fighting cell and one in my zfighter lineup, and the latter is gonna be U gohan.
3) That's what I meant with a screaming piccolo head. No he's not meditating currently lol. Nail drove him crazy.
4) I only meant his hair's shading ftr.
5) Imo Vegeta's hair actually misses the mark regarding the fact that Vegeta has one spike from his forehead all the way up, but moulding db hair is really tough I think due to inconsistent art.

Prototype ssj shading? I'm drawing a blank atm.

Ditto!

Holy ****, you're not kidding about an ultimate release. Most of them would be nice though.

2.) Are you going to mix up the Z-Fighter line up or keep it in the same Saga?
3.) Ha. Did you change up your entire set up or just Piccolo?
4.) Ah, gotcha. I agree about the hair being over shaded. Although, I do feel it fits great with a Kamehameha power up.
5.) Saiyan Saga Vegeta Figuarts Zero seemed to have done the hair to your liking.

Here's the prototype shading. It would have changed my viewpoint on the hair quite a lot.
2songokussjcollage.jpg

So on another note, I contacted MHToyShop regarding the new Avengers Figuarts and they told me something pretty interesting. Essentially, Bluefin told them they might have trouble fulfilling all their orders for those figures. My guess is this is part exaggeration on Bluefin's part due to Bandai/Tamashii back in Japan trying to figure out their numbers but it did get me thinking.

I (and others) have noticed Amazon has become rather "funny" lately with Tamashii items for pre-order. Some they seem to be getting (like Vegetto, FiguartsZERO Scouter Vegeta, etc.) but they have IGNORED obvious money-makers like the Gohan re-issue. I'm wondering if Bandai/Tamashii production numbers just aren't "large enough" for some of their Worldwide retailers...hence why Amazon isn't getting those items, because other retailers have essentially "beaten them to the punch" and gotten their orders in and Bandai/Tamashii doesn't have enough for other retailers like Amazon.

Just a thought!

That is an interesting thought. The Avengers S.H. Figuarts is selling out like ****ing crazy everywhere. I have noticed that none of the Star Wars S.H. Figuarts, Manga Gohan re-issue, and the Manga Super Saiyan Goku not being added. Especially how close they are to being re-released which makes me think they will not be receiving any of those.

Especially since everything else appears to be appearing though fairly close to being announced by Bandai. For example, the Figuarts Zero Saiyan Saga Goku, Super Sailor Moon, and Digimon Metal Garurumon are available for pre-order.

I wonder when tamashii is going to reveal what the next figure is. We were supposed to have that info by now if they are planning to release a new DBZ figure in September. Maybe ***katsu no F and Avengers figures are messing up with the release dates this year.

Frieza is a rotten, bratty, bastard that makes for one hell of a villain. I do agree how he has multiple aspects of his personality that gives him a very wide range. Which is most unusual for villains.

It's usual for GOOD villains. But even Frieza is pretty one-dimensional. We know nothing about his motivation, and he's not emotionally complex enough to excuse a lack of backstory (i.e, the joker). Frieza falls into that category which we see all too often in dragon ball: megalomaniacal man-child with a chip on his shoulder. Most every villain falls into this category, except Buu, because he's more straight-up a child.

I know that this personality type is common for villains in general, however, there is usually some sort of insight into what plagues our villains, whether it's vendetta for a past injustice or even mental illness.

If Frieza is just pulling the ol' Joffrey spoiled brat shtick, we need to understand why. Ridley Scott does a great job at this with Commodus (Joaquin Phoenix) in the film Gladiator, who reminds me of Frieza. Commodus was cruel to enact revenge on those people who never loved him. Maybe the Frieza saga could have begun with Frieza murdering King Cold and assuming control of his empire.

Loki, from the mcu, has strong motivation. He rises from the dead, makes a deal with the devil, and sets out to do two things in one foul swoop: become king and destroy the thing Thor loves most. Loki is relatively sane, but he does these things half to serve his indignation and half out of revenge, the perfect mix for a villainous ruler type.

Frieza relishes in doing bad things, but why? A psychopath would be ambivalent towards doing bad things. They would perform actions and not care if they help or hurt. But Frieza does bad things knowing that they're bad, which tells me he's aware of the difference between right and wrong, therefore not insane. Well, maybe a bit.

So what drives Frieza? Is a murderous mutant out for revenge against an unjust world? Is he simply a spoiled young emperor with a severe case of disassociation? Or is he just a d*ck? If he's supposed to be space Hitler, it would be nice to know what drove him from 0 to genocide.

EDIT: Vegeta has the best backstory in db, imo.

I thought the next release after 16 is the Gohan reissue, then Vegetto after that?

My wild guess is Ultimate Gohan will be next after Vegetto

Back