S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw snake looking at it closely, after adding shading and coloring the proportions might not look off at all, I try to mimic toryiamas style I mainly look at the manga art and try to recreate it line by line and I find that as I sketch the out line I find the unshaded and not colored look of it slightly off until I add color and shading that's when it looks great.

Btw snake looking at it closely, after adding shading and coloring the proportions might not look off at all, I try to mimic toryiamas style I mainly look at the manga art and try to recreate it line by line and I find that as I sketch the out line I find the unshaded and not colored look of it slightly off until I add color and shading that's when it looks great.

I don't try to imitate Toriyama's way of drawing, as much as the Anime artist's style. By the Buu saga, everything is drawn very dynamically. Especially in the later part of the Goku/Vegeta fight.

I might actually move on from the sketch and do a brand new one.

yeah My A-16 !!!
WP_20150306_20_50_43_Pro.jpg

Deviantart I guess.

yeah DA is pretty much the most popular place and there's this one other site that works kinda like facebook but for artists. i cant come up with the name. :(

but if you join DA, look for groups that have specified members that will gladly critic your art. or join dbz groups but you'll only get compliments or nothing at all but then again, who are we to critique? we're only random internet dudes.

This was not the way to do this. Your compliment sandwich is filled with razor blades. It's obvious he's an artist and I'm sure he has other people in his life who provide him with critique, like teachers and mentors. Random Internet dudes do not fall into that category.

1386_ab14.gif

yeah DA is pretty much the most popular place and there's this one other site that works kinda like facebook but for artists. i cant come up with the name. :(

That HAS to be Sketchbook.:lol

Btw really cool choice of pose there Snake! Do you plan on setting the figuarts up in that pose too if you ever get them?

That HAS to be Sketchbook.:lol

Btw really cool choice of pose there Snake! Do you plan on setting the figuarts up in that pose too if you ever get them?

Thanks. I own them already, but due to no room, their just in standing poses.

but if you join DA, look for groups that have specified members that will gladly critic your art. or join dbz groups but you'll only get compliments or nothing at all but then again, who are we to critique? we're only random internet dudes.
uploadfromtaptalk1425679959019.jpgHow ya doin?

Why would we have to wait? Comes out April 18 I believe. When BoGs came out in Japan it was also released limited here in America. It was showing at a theatre not far from my house.

EDIT: Apparently the release date for Murica is December 31st. But, we'll no doubt be able to stream the Japanese version way before then.

I hope it's that soon! No, I won't be streaming it. People told me it was stealing so I don't want to do that. I'm not judging anyone though. I really don't want spoilers, so I guess I'll have to refrain from the forums for awhile.

Great point about Vegeta repurposing the saiyan armor for "good". Through his actions he challenges our perception of what the armor stands for. However, I still don't dig on the gray...

Also, good catch in regards to Vegeta's buu saga outfit. I think I just assumed Vegeta stopped wearing his armor because he's a badass. It's easy to forget that these sagas take place over a relatively short period of time. I guess Vegeta didn't have time to run home and change.

Thanks! I'm going to be level with you. My whole reason of saying that was just to mention Batman. I'm just kidding! I really dig the new outfit as a callback to the Namek arc, but I would prefer that color over the gray.

@Bane wow Vegeta wore that during that flashback? Damn I've never realised that. Regarding the rest you said, I dunno, thanks for preferring the all gold idea, but still, I'm not sure if I feel there's any real deeper reason for these colours. It looks like Toriyama was just like 'I'm gonna surprise them because it's funny'.

That's probably it. I was just catching up on the thread, and I just wanted to say that I really appreciated your words on the George Lucas Hate. Personally, I think those pre-quels are garbage, but why make it miserable for people that love them? Lucas can do whatever he wants. He put his heart and soul into something, and I think it's awful for fans to dictate what he should do with the universe he worked so hard to make.

I think you know that the original Japanese is my "Dragon Ball," but I'm happy for whatever version you like. Masako Nozawa is my Goku! I just posted that, because I thought you might find it interesting.

Here's a more relevant quote to figuarts that may quell some debate over GT's popularity:

In an interview for the video game Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast 2, the developers responded to a question on the difference between Japanese and North American fans:

Speaking of the different regions, what do you believe the Japanese fans want compared to the North America fans?

GT is popular with fans overseas. In Japan, it’s not as popular. With Japanese fans they like to relive the Dragon Ball story since its such a long and iconic story. What if scenarios and GT are popular for fans in US and Europe, I think that’s what they want to see.

Maybe that doesn't tell us anything, but it was quite a surprise they were making a figuarts version of SSJ4 Goku. If I was a cold-hearted jerk, I'd want them to just scrap it, but I know there's a lot of people here that have their hearts set on it. I'm happy for them! There's just nothing I want that's been announced this year, unfortunately.

I was actually so happy to see the promotion for Resurrection of F Figures! I definitely will be buying Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan if they make them. I like that Gohan actually looks like he hasn't kept up his training!

I wished I could do nothing and look like how he did in his blue gi! He was more ripped than the guys calling him wimpy!

I completely forgot! Great art guys! Keep up the awesome work! Oh, and sorry for posting so much at once. I've been really busy, so I'm trying to catch up with the discussions!

I just wanna know what Tamashii's Revival of F project is gonna be. I predict Beerus, Golden Frieza, Goku, and Vegeta in their new outfits. And I want some news about those prototypes already!!!

I personally love the humor in the Dragon Ball and DBZ stories, I think the humor in Battle of the Gods was great. Toriyama started it as a funny manga, the tone changed because of the success of the Tenkai ichi Budokai. I appreciate the humor and am glad that Toriyama still has the knack for this; there was a period 10 years ago were he just didn't want to do Dragon Ball stories any longer. I remember him saying that if he did do more stories he'd make the star Mr. Satan. I think Satan is funny and I love the dynamic between him, Majin Buu and their dog but I wouldn't know what to think about a whole Satan series. Oh and if you like the Dragon Ball humor I'd highly recommend Dr. Slump, it's pretty funny, cute and kinda low brow at the same time.

Here's a more relevant quote to figuarts that may quell some debate over GT's popularity:

In an interview for the video game Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast 2, the developers responded to a question on the difference between Japanese and North American fans:

Speaking of the different regions, what do you believe the Japanese fans want compared to the North America fans?

GT is popular with fans overseas. In Japan, it’s not as popular. With Japanese fans they like to relive the Dragon Ball story since its such a long and iconic story. What if scenarios and GT are popular for fans in US and Europe, I think that’s what they want to see.

With Broly and now Super Saiyan 4 Goku, I have a feeling Tamashii is purposely focusing one character release a year specifically for the Western market. Their version of an SDCC Exclusive but as an actual release. I'm loving it. While they were part of the survey, they are the two most iconic characters from the movies and the GT series. I'm hoping they're being used as doorways for future releases within those categories.

It's amazing knowing that some day I'll possibly* have Super Saiyan 4 Goku, Vegeta, and Gogeta posed together.

I just wanna know what Tamashii's Revival of F project is gonna be. I predict Beerus, Golden Frieza, Goku, and Vegeta in their new outfits. And I want some news about those prototypes already!!!

I'm really hoping all of those come out. I know so many people want to see focus given to other characters but I really wouldn't mind a second release of Goku and Vegeta in their new outfits, mainly because it would be a perfect opportunity to get some new faces (charge/damaged, confident smirk for Goku, some new expressions for Vegeta).

I'm really hoping all of those come out. I know so many people want to see focus given to other characters but I really wouldn't mind a second release of Goku and Vegeta in their new outfits, mainly because it would be a perfect opportunity to get some new faces (charge/damaged, confident smirk for Goku, some new expressions for Vegeta).

I didn't even think about that!

Already got my wish list set up...

JNSqN.jpg
dragon-ball-z-2015-movie-screenshot-02.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Edited: I can't wait for the next movie. Xenoverse is getting me pumped.

Back