S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to have a good backstory behind everything. Hell, even the fact that the wish to bring back Frieza is just one of the henchman jumping in during Pilaf's wish and just yelling out "Bring back Frieza" seems lazy to me. It's another reason why I didn't enjoy the SSGod transformation. The poor story and the fetus giving power for Goku to transform just seemed strange and not fleshed out enough. I'm hoping there'll be more details about the God transformation in the upcoming movie. The details in a story can make or break a plot.

I'm still confused how they would be jumping in during Pilaf's wish if there's a screen shot of the henchman holding a Dragon Ball coming out of the water. Unless they collect the Dragon Balls, Pilaf steals them, summons Shenron, and the henchmen make wishes before Pilaf can get to say what he wants.

I was actually okay about the fetus giving power. I feel that didn't necessarily stretch past the timeline to be considered a "pure heart."

I'm hoping with Vegeta turning Super Saiyan God, we'll get more of the back story. I post a few pictures a couple of months ago from Battle of Gods where they showed glimpses of Vegeta during the ritual in a blue back drop. Also showing a Vegeta-like character when the back story of the Super Saiyan God was being told.

Silrian and I are just bringing out the liveliness of the forum. There needs to be more heated discussion. We can't always rely on blood's quest for Nappa. ...Nothing can compare to that but it doesn't hurt to try.

Look at how well Tamashii's done the HulK! We need Nappa man. Nothing below sixth scale seems to be able to capture Hemsworth's likeness.:lol

SH-Figuarts-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Figures.jpg

AND THEY'RE TEASING HULKBUSTER FIGUARTS! Ermagerd man, if thats true no scale size is an issue anymore, just character populairty.

BAF Hulkbuster? if we get the four avengers? lol i wish

Silrian and I are just bringing out the liveliness of the forum. There needs to be more heated discussion. We can't always rely on blood's quest for Nappa. ...Nothing can compare to that but it doesn't hurt to try.

This is not a heated discussion to me.:lol We're just trying to figure out what the other one means and I seem to fail in it, because I still don't get where exactly the problem lies for you Ang? Is it with BoG (or my interpretation of it) or with the concept of ssjg or something else?

When they negotiated their first bout, Goku being the underdog & Freezer being the reigning champ, it stands to reason that Freezer's take-home after taxes would be considerable. No one expected Goku to win, so their lawyers renegotiated a rematch clause in the contract. Of course there are a lot more variables, Freezer wanting more money this time around, which venue the fight will be held at, how much percentage their promoters would make, etc. (also there have been many allegations of steroid abuse, none of which have been proven). After much deliberation all the details were ironed out; Freezer signed on the dotted line as did Goku, and the date has been set for Saturday, April 18th. Tickets are already sold out, though

:clap :lol :lol :lol

Don't forget that the Pay-per-view cost will be higher this time too! Perhaps OVER 100!!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Holy **** btw, on the dragonball wikia this piece of trivia is stated:

In an interview, Akira Toriyama states his own personal belief of the power differences between the Battle of Gods characters. Super Saiyan God Goku is a "6", Beerus a "10", and Whis a "15".[4]

And next interview it'll be some other bull**** he pulls out of his ***.

I'm still confused how they would be jumping in during Pilaf's wish if there's a screen shot of the henchman holding a Dragon Ball coming out of the water. Unless they collect the Dragon Balls, Pilaf steals them, summons Shenron, and the henchmen make wishes before Pilaf can get to say what he wants.

I think that's exactly what happens. That's what Oolong does in Dragon Ball. When Pilaf was making his wish (the first of the series) Oolong jumps in the way and wishes for a pair of women's panties...

The subtle elegance and class is what draws me to dragon ball.

This is not a heated discussion to me.:lol We're just trying to figure out what the other one means and I seem to fail in it, because I still don't get where exactly the problem lies for you Ang? Is it with BoG (or my interpretation of it) or with the concept of ssjg or something else?

That Goku needed borrowed power to initially achieve/unlock the transformation.

:clap :lol :lol :lol

Don't forget that the Pay-per-view cost will be higher this time too! Perhaps OVER 100!!!!

View attachment 168962

Where did you get that picture?

I think that's exactly what happens. That's what Oolong does in Dragon Ball. When Pilaf was making his wish (the first of the series) Oolong jumps in the way and wishes for a pair of women's panties...

The subtle elegance and class is what draws me to dragon ball.

I'm glad they're keeping Pilaf and Gang as the comic relief. I really enjoyed theirs and Beerus's writing in Battle of Gods the most. There's a lot more depth to be explored and I'm glad Resurrection of F will be 2 hours.

I'm glad they're keeping Pilaf and Gang as the comic relief. I really enjoyed theirs and Beerus's writing in Battle of Gods the most. There's a lot more depth to be explored and I'm glad Resurrection of F will be 2 hours.

2 hours huh?! That has to be the longest dbz movie to date.

That explains why he called in the Ginyu Force, since they do call themselves mutants :lol

That Goku needed borrowed power to initially achieve/unlock the transformation.

What's different about that than someone needing to show him kamehameha, kaioken, spirit bomb, instant transmission, ssj2 and/or the fusion technique? Just that he needed to get an external power boost the first time? He couldn't have reached Namek's power level without Briefs gravity chamber tech either probably. Definitely not at that point. It's such a trivial difference in the end.

In practice it doesn't matter, the end result is that he can get there on his own and that makes it the same deal as anything else. So I don't get why you'd be bothered by it. It only makes Goku even more awesome that he can summon it on his own.

2 hours huh?! That has to be the longest dbz movie to date.

Yeah, I'm really excited for it. Battle of Gods was close to an 1 hour and 45 minutes and it went by really smoothly.

What's different about that than someone needing to show him kamehameha, kaioken, spirit bomb, instant transmission, ssj2 and/or the fusion technique? Just that he needed to get an external power boost the first time? He couldn't have reached Namek's power level without Briefs gravity chamber tech either probably. Definitely not at that point. It's such a trivial difference in the end.

In practice it doesn't matter, the end result is that he can get there on his own and that makes it the same deal as anything else. So I don't get why you'd be bothered by it. It only makes Goku even more awesome that he can summon it on his own.

This is exactly why I said the argument was elsewhere. :lol It doesn't matter if he was able to transform by his own later on, which still needs to be developed further, the initial transformation was done by others. You're simply focusing on a reaction as its own separate action and you honestly can't do that in regards to this topic. Goku would never have been able to transform at the end without his body learning from the experience and feeling that level of power from the initial transformation (which was only possible through others.)

Your examples are irrelevant. It doesn't matter if Goku was able to reach new techniques/powers with A.) somebody teaching him or B.) technological equipment. In the end, he had to do everything himself to increase his power. It wasn't handed to him like his Super Saiyan God powers.

No, it honestly doesn't make it the same deal as anything else. It doesn't make him more awesome, at all. It's quite the opposite. That's fine, I'm just going to let it go because this argument is going absolutely no where. :wink1:

Back