S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2015_02_08_18_10_47.jpg

finally got goku and got him for $50.

Keep in mind that this is all still just speculation; none of which has been confirmed so no need to jump to conclusions

You know guys those key chains are part of a series, I think it's called UDM Burst, and the last series they released a Beerus and a bunch of Gogeta's and Gotenks, they do all kinda of different designs, like I have a ss3 Vegeta, and they make ss3 Broly, and Bardock, so I think that they just might be making a ss3 concept.

You know guys those key chains are part of a series, I think it's called UDM Burst, and the last series they released a Beerus and a bunch of Gogeta's and Gotenks, they do all kinda of different designs, like I have a ss3 Vegeta, and they make ss3 Broly, and Bardock, so I think that they just might be making a ss3 concept.

So it would seem. UDM 12 is the (surprise) 12th edition of UDM keychains. Here's an ad for UDM 9. So I'm guessing that the company was just using the new film to sell its plastic stuff.

Bandai_Dragonball_Kai_Z_UDM_9_Ultimate_Deformed_Mascot_Burst_Key_chain_Set_of_5__44221.140783577.jpg

Haha I collect the UDM series! They're great!

They're Gashopon (Capsule) DBZ toys from Japan by Bandai (or one of their subsidiaries). UDM stands for "Ultra Deformed Mascot". There are TWO series, the regular one is the "UDM Burst" series and then there is a "Best of..." series with unique repaints called "UDM The Best". The repaints are of figures previously released under the "Burst" line. New sets usually come out about every 2-3 months. 'Burst' just released Series 09 with Series 10 coming out in the next month or two. 'The Best' series 08 just came out.

One thing is keep in mind about the series is that it borrows A LOT of characters from the "Dragon Ball Heroes" arcade card playing system. Dragon Ball Heroes - Dragon Ball Wiki

Though not "canon", Dragon Ball Heroes introduced A LOT of new forms for the various characters, SSJ3 Mirai Trunks, adult Gotenks, SSJ3 Vegito, SSJ3 Vegeta and SSJ3 Broly (previously seen in the DB Raging Blast video games), and most recently SSJ4 Broly. It's run by Bandai/Toei so the artwork and designs are indeed "official" if you want to look at it that way.

The "UDM Burst" series has adapted a lot of the Dragon Ball Heroes designs so a lot of the new character forms do appear in the UDM sets. They've actually already released a SSJ3 Vegito UDM as the character has already appeared in the Dragon Ball Heroes card game. However, his appearance in the UDM Burst Series 12 is pretty interesting, especially since the set is supposed to be featuring characters from the new DBZ movie. Maybe we'll finally officially see SSJ3 Vegito?

This was the first SSJ3 Vegito UDM released:
31COV3RE7kL.jpg

Last edited:
Haha I collect the UDM series! They're great!

They're Gashopon (Capsule) DBZ toys from Japan by Bandai (or one of their subsidiaries). UDM stands for "Ultra Deformed Mascot". There are TWO series, the regular one is the "UDM Burst" series and then there is a "Best of..." series with unique repaints called "UDM The Best". The repaints are of figures previously released under the "Burst" line. New sets usually come out about every 2-3 months. 'Burst' just released Series 09 with Series 10 coming out in the next month or two. 'The Best' series 08 just came out.

One thing is keep in mind about the series is that it borrows A LOT of characters from the "Dragon Ball Heroes" arcade card playing system. Dragon Ball Heroes - Dragon Ball Wiki

Though not "canon", Dragon Ball Heroes introduced A LOT of new forms for the various characters, SSJ3 Mirai Trunks, adult Gotenks, SSJ3 Vegito, SSJ3 Vegeta and SSJ3 Broly (previously seen in the DB Raging Blast video games), and most recently SSJ4 Broly. It's run by Bandai/Toei so the artwork and designs are indeed "official" if you want to look at it that way.

The "UDM Burst" series has adapted a lot of the Dragon Ball Heroes designs so a lot of the new character forms do appear in the UDM sets. They've actually already released a SSJ3 Vegito UDM as the character has already appeared in the Dragon Ball Heroes card game. However, his appearance in the UDM Burst Series 12 is pretty interesting, especially since the set is supposed to be featuring characters from the new DBZ movie. Maybe we'll finally officially see SSJ3 Vegito?

This was the first SSJ3 Vegito UDM released:
View attachment 165019

I didn't know that information! It's pretty cool. It makes a lot of sense too because it's very clean artwork and similar to their new, updated, designs of the characters.

I still don't believe ALL of the prototypes are from the movie unless they're going to mess with the timeline of Uub being introduced. Toriyama seems to be making Super Saiyan 3 irrelevant, too. So it would surprise me if they're official. ...Although, these days, I probably shouldn't put anything past Toriyama thinking he won't do it.

Yeah I doubt we will see a cannon SSJ3 Vegito anytime soon, that's not to say someone like Uub could show up in the movie. I just doubt SSJ3 Vegito will. Btw does anyone else collect the gashopon capsules, like the different statues? I have a couple I've picked up at con's they come in dragon balls. I like them a lot.

I didn't know that information! It's pretty cool. It makes a lot of sense too because it's very clean artwork and similar to their new, updated, designs of the characters.

I still don't believe ALL of the prototypes are from the movie unless they're going to mess with the timeline of Uub being introduced. Toriyama seems to be making Super Saiyan 3 irrelevant, too. So it would surprise me if they're official. ...Although, these days, I probably shouldn't put anything past Toriyama thinking he won't do it.

I wouldn't put too much faith in Toriyama's grand design. Sometimes he's asleep at the wheel. This is the same guy who forgot ssj 3 existed until someone reminded him. BoG was written by Yasuke Watanabe (same guy who wrote the upcoming Attack on Titan live action film). The ideas were pretty much just OKed by Toriyama.

Toriyama said in an interview that he actually wrote alot of BoG, but left it to Yasuke so he could start on F. Toriyama also did alot of the artwork and thought up God mode etc.

Thing is, its been 30 years since he came up with alot of his ideas, its natural he would forget. We only know these things because we are die hard fans.

Toriyama is more akin to a director now, he comes up with ideas, art and a plot and gets others to bring it to life.

Yeah I doubt we will see a cannon SSJ3 Vegito anytime soon, that's not to say someone like Uub could show up in the movie. I just doubt SSJ3 Vegito will. Btw does anyone else collect the gashopon capsules, like the different statues? I have a couple I've picked up at con's they come in dragon balls. I like them a lot.

After so many years, Toriyama seems pretty ignorant to the in's and out's of Super Saiyans. He completely bungled SSG's design.

Toriyama is more akin to a director now, he comes up with ideas, art and a plot and gets others to bring it to life.

Toriyama's role is more akin to a producer than a director, but yeah I see your point. He's the George Lucas of anime; for better or worse.

Toriyama be rolling around in his millions while we bicker & wait for the next action figure to be released

So just like George Lucas :lol

Exactly like Lucas!

Lucas was the originator of messing up and forgetting about your own creation. On top of meddling so much with it that you turned fans off by what you've done.

Hideo Kojima is the "George Lucas" of the Video Game World. GO AWAY! You've ruined Metal Gear enough...

George R.R. Martin is the "George Lucas" of the Fantasy Novel World. He admittedly has had to work with a popular "Song of Fire & Ice" fansite to help him keep track of character links and storylines.

Toriyama is now the "George Lucas" of the Anime World. :rotfl Though I would pinpoint the creator of Gundam, but they got smart and started fresh MOST of the time (despite the repetitive "young kid finds an advanced mobile suit weapon-of-war and becomes ace pilot amidst teenage angst")

Exactly like Lucas!

Lucas was the originator of messing up and forgetting about your own creation. On top of meddling so much with it that you turned fans off by what you've done.

Hideo Kojima is the "George Lucas" of the Video Game World. GO AWAY! You've ruined Metal Gear enough...

George R.R. Martin is the "George Lucas" of the Fantasy Novel World. He admittedly has had to work with a popular "Song of Fire & Ice" fansite to help him keep track of character links and storylines.

Toriyama is now the "George Lucas" of the Anime World. :rotfl Though I would pinpoint the creator of Gundam, but they got smart and started fresh MOST of the time (despite the repetitive "young kid finds an advanced mobile suit weapon-of-war and becomes ace pilot amidst teenage angst")

QFT :goodpost: He's nothing but poison to the series anymore.

QFT :goodpost: He's nothing but poison to the series anymore.
If he has a larger role with MGR 2, we can kiss any chance of that spin off bringing some sort of life to the series. That's part of why I liked the game so much, he really is just a poison at this point.

Back