S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cooler and a-13 are amazing !
10987620_846221972100700_1563327644212402010_n.jpg

I remember offering that guy up to $400 to make another Beerus for me, and he [respectfully] DECLINED :monkey4

Yeah, his work is pretty nice. I need to buy the Cooler movies. I haven't seen them in years. I remember getting the first Cooler movie in VHS, not sure if I saw the second one.

He declined? Wow. ...It is a really nice Beerus.

{We just ****in need that vegeta legit. And kid buu. No nonsense. Top two wanted releases, polls that include either of m are clear as day, one of them should get here this year.

**** tactical business ****: make what the market wants and sell the **** out of it. Simple.}

^ thats what I thought when I saw tht veget custom.

I'm certain there's a prototype of Majin Vegeta in existence, they're just not revealing it yet to keep us in suspense

I hope it resembles this

Wg1_kRay7ZGYK1If5U7rJA.jpg

Nah, I want a majin Vegeta, but the six pack statues always give him look horrible, not to mention its not accurate. He had visible muscles in Majin form, yes, but not to that extreme.

I agree they give him this extreme definition and it looks silly, almost every sculpt I've seen wether it's statues or something else. I want a Majin Vegeta really bad, and I hope they will deliver, also this bootleg nonsense makes me mad, I get that these figures aren't cheap but it's crap that packaging isn't changed, it's only a matter of time before we see this packaging with a Trunks bootleg or some other premium figure. Sure it might be cheap but what's to stop someone to try to take advantage of someone who is unknowing. It's a shame.

When powered up he is kind of, but nowhere near the extreme of most statues.

This is the limit of what I would consider passable for Majim Vegeta:

maxresdefault.jpg

But in honesty, I would prefer him to look like this, that way I can turn him into a generic buu saga Vegeta:

majin-vegeta-kills-audience-dbz.jpg

Not that I agree with it, but who ever did this, they were actually smart enough to wait and release it until the official version has been rising in price. I just hope it stops at Goku. Imagine what the hell will happen if THEY make Trunks.

You're 100% right on that Angelo! Give credit where credit is due... I'd do the same thing if I was a bootlegger!

These bootlegs aren't going anywhere unfortunately. They'll continue to produce them because they can cut corners left and right, and people love cheap prices even at the expense of quality. Look how quickly everyone here jumped when that alledged Trunks bootleg popped up for just 20 dollars. I predicted this a while back; pretty soon we're gonna start seeing displays consisting of nothing but Datong bootlegs, and only a trained eye will be able to tell the difference.

well isn't Majin Vegeta supposed to be roided out jacked up?

View attachment 164641

(Cause of your avatar) "Oh for GOD's SAKE NAPPA SHU– Oh that's actually very kind of you, uh... thank you Nappa."

@Big D & Crisis, imo Vegeta has never benefitted from an overtly jacked up look. The biggest he's been seen is when he powered up against cell BUT he let his muscles shrink straight afterward. During the Final Flash and the scenes in the buu era he's also not as big as for example the Zero Final Flash figure makes him out to be.

Imo the main 2 new things should be a restrained addition of veins in the sculpt, just a few really well placed ones. And something we've barely had at all in this line: chest torso muscle definition. I wouldn't mind if they gave him upper torso articulation exactly like Broly, although personally, if they find a way to make the waste ball joint more flexible front/back/side/side, I don't even need upper torso articulation, I'd just like an awesome musclar definition through the shirt, and perhaps utilise the slight shirt folds as a way of masking the pelvis/waiste articulation a bit.

As of yet not custom has managed that last thing, but that's logical as the vegeta we have simply lacks that articulation. If I look at that picture you gave Big D, I'd say reverse the waist articulation so that the pelvis falls within the upper shirt, and thus hide the ball joint underneath, high enough so you don't get gaps with bends. Essentially make the pelvis/waist joint the same style as broly, trunks and krillins upper torso articulation. It'd need very good subtlety though, otherwise he's gonna look lik he has love handles.:lol

Cause currently, articulation wise, the ankle articulation frontward, and the pelvis/waiste articulation are both the least good parts of the tamashii design, they leave to be desired in angle size. I find that way more annoying than say the lack of upper torso articulation (which some people seem to be really keen on).

K I made a really stupid childish marking of what I meant. M is for muscles (sculpt), A is for Articulation, used two colours for that to divide the different sculpt pieces. The upper torso articulation could come at a too heavy aesthetic price, I wouldn't mind ditching it. That red vertical double arrow represents that inward double connecter that can slide out with piccolo and goku.
25flt2o.jpg

This way, no matter how you position his pelvis/wait joint, it'll always look asif his shirt is tucked in if sculpted the right way. Yet you gain a lot of angle flexibility that the current vegeta mould misses nearly entirely.

@Silrian I completely appreciate how much thought you put into this articulation diagram. It's times like these that I love this community lol.

I just got my datong Vegeta, I admit it's impressive. Worth the price I paid for it. The only complaint I have is that if you repack it, the accessories gets loose in the box, this means it is really a great figure. Hope they make SS3 Goku and Trunks next.

Back