S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I knew about the SSJ3 head bootleg but didn't know they got around to doing the whole figure, box and all smh

If the reissuing were that simple, I think they would have done it already. Apparently it's a huge deal to reissue toys formerly deemed exclusives in the market of Japan. Somewhere earlier in the thread (hundreds of pages ago now) there was a decent explanation of the hardships they face with reissuing a figure that was previously called an exclusive...

That is a constant debate here. This thread has PAGES about it. You'll notice a lot of us don't believe in their so-called "hardships" and "difficulty". It's a bunch of business mumbo jumbo. They slapped the rule on themselves and they "lift" it when convenient (the re-issue of the "Exclusive" SSJ Goku Figuarts ZERO). Tamashii themselves haven't even fully explained it and they evade questions about it. Adam Newman (Bandai/Tamashii American Rep.) has said in interviews it's a constant "discussion" over in Bandai/Tamashii and it's being "evaluated".

I'm not going to get into it again... :panic: ...but it does breed the perfect environment for these bootleggers to cash in.

That is a constant debate here. This thread has PAGES about it. You'll notice a lot of us don't believe in their so-called "hardships" and "difficulty". It's a bunch of business mumbo jumbo. They slapped the rule on themselves and they "lift" it when convenient (the re-issue of the "Exclusive" SSJ Goku Figuarts ZERO). Tamashii themselves haven't even fully explained it and they evade questions about it. Adam Newman (Bandai/Tamashii American Rep.) has said in interviews it's a constant "discussion" over in Bandai/Tamashii and it's being "evaluated".

I'm not going to get into it again... :panic: ...but it does breed the perfect environment for these bootleggers to cash in.
And scalpers. Most of them are probably pretty rich.

I almost wish Tamashii knew about the bootlegs...but then that may make things worse actually, since some people use the bootlegs for customs or stands in for the real deal. Tamashii could take it the wrong way and take legal action, but still NOT do anything about re-issues.

I'm thinking about getting the bootleg ss3 goku. Although the body is junk with a repaint to the face he should match a regular goku body just fine. This would be a good stand in for me. Also when datong vegeta gets re issued I'll probably pick up two and do one with a jacksdo trunks head since those 3 actual figures are way out if my price range. Well ss3 not as much as the other two. I find it stupid to have exclusives. I think there should be a standard issue and the exclusive gets some sort of special paint job like sdcc versions.

SDCC Exclusives should be the ONLY exclusives in this line. Their "web exclusive" policy for this line is clearly outdated at this point. Especially if Bluefin is saying its their number one line, give them the rights to re-issue the figures. I can live without the brown shipping box since, I believe, that represents the web exclusivity of a figure.

There is absolutely no way that Tamashii doesn't know about the bootlegs.

Oh, of course but rather they actually care or not is a different topic. Not in legal terms but in demand terms.

Edited: I'm glad Datong is capitalizing on the demand. If Tamashii wants to be strict on their policies, more power and "integrity" to them. I feel the worst part about this is the refusal in demand is being solely held up by a fickle policy.

There is absolutely no way that Tamashii doesn't know about the bootlegs.
Japan is weird, and chances are they may not know about the high quality bootlegs from DaTong. There have been notes about some ****** DBZ bootlegs of the Figuarts line, covered even by sites like Tomopop but the high quality ones, who knows?

Also Angelo, you could be right about them caring. That would be hilarious if they didn't care :lol

Are those extra, Android 20? Or is it your collection?

Japan is weird, and chances are they may not know about the high quality bootlegs from DaTong. There have been notes about some ****** DBZ bootlegs of the Figuarts line, covered even by sites like Tomopop but the high quality ones, who knows?

Also Angelo, you could be right about them caring. That would be hilarious if they didn't care :lol

They know about DaTong. I'm 100% certain.

Well, it's an interesting topic because what exactly CAN Tamashii do with the bootlegs if their own policy is holding them back from taking any action in terms of demand? The next Vegeta release won't be until, at least, 2016.

:yess: Awesome. Gundam Wing ftw. Might be my favorite anime after DBZ.

eeh, back when i was a kid, sure they were. But now that i've read some mangas and all i got some new ones like crows x worst, dorohedoro, the breaker...

those are the tiny figures that i do not own but i guess for the size they're quite poseable

1.jpg

0.jpg

2s84qcm.jpg

I own that Super Saiyan God Goku there. I find it really difficult to pose with something this small!

those are the tiny figures that i do not own but i guess for the size they're quite poseable

1.jpg

0.jpg

2s84qcm.jpg
Just bought Android 17 and 18 from you. I'm in Toronto so hopefully, it'll arrive quick! Awesome prices by the way!

I own those Shodo figures and yeah, they're tiny but cool I guess. Not really worth it for the price they're asking. If they released more characters then yeah I say go for it, but it looks like it's just gonna be those 3. After a while they get boring & you'll forget you even have them since they're so damn small

1.jpg

0.jpg

2s84qcm.jpg

I own that Super Saiyan God Goku there. I find it really difficult to pose with something this small!

I own those Shodo figures and yeah, they're tiny but cool I guess. Not really worth it for the price they're asking. If they released more characters then yeah I say go for it, but it looks like it's just gonna be those 3. After a while they get boring & you'll forget you even have them since they're so damn small

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't buy any Dragon Ball collectible in a while. With figuarts being so expensive I just went ahead and ordered the SDCC box set. Still came out to $10 per figure. I forgot if the regular comes with stands, these one looks like they come with it.

Back