S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mostly on the Facebook pages with those wanting Majin Vegeta, Nappa, or God Goku. I may not even fully understand the limitations but I believe 1.) they don't produce anywhere near the amount of web exclusives and 2.) it will, more than likely, always be an anime repaint of a previous figure.

Were they the limitations you were thinking of or are they something different?

You're right on those points.

I'm just more disappointed in the fact that people want a prominent character in a prominent depiction as a SDCC Exclusive. I'm not against a potential Goku figure as a SDCC exclusive, but I don't think it should be an anime or manga repaint because those are THE main depiction of that character in that medium. Couple it with SDCC, where quantities are limited and given Bluefin's practices lately (lifting exclusive limits) and the SDCC Exclusives get snatched up quickly by scalpers and resold at higher prices.

I'd much rather see those odd repaints that your collection can "do without", much like Arlia Vegeta or Kaioken Goku. Look at how anime SDCC SSJ Goku is in the $500 range. Insane and that's THE anime depiction of SSJ Goku.

Unfortunately, the one good point you bring up is that Tamashii's track record does lean towards anime repaints. I hope that doesn't turn to be the case this year unless it's something unique...

I'm one of them new collectors that has every release available right now.... except 17 haha. I don't think he will be sold out within the next month or two so I'm going to sit back and take a break. My wife and bank account will thank me.

I dont understand why so many people want the sdcc goku? I like the shading and such but I feel the manga version is just find. The lighter color outfit makes it more anime realistic to me. Only because when they go ss the clothes become a lighter color than they were. But to each their own.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing an armored trunks but that won't happen. Oh wells.

I'm just more disappointed in the fact that people want a prominent character in a prominent depiction as a SDCC Exclusive. I'm not against a potential Goku figure as a SDCC exclusive, but I don't think it should be an anime or manga repaint because those are THE main depiction of that character in that medium. Couple it with SDCC, where quantities are limited and given Bluefin's practices lately (lifting exclusive limits) and the SDCC Exclusives get snatched up quickly by scalpers and resold at higher prices.

I'd much rather see those odd repaints that your collection can "do without", much like Arlia Vegeta or Kaioken Goku. Look at how anime SDCC SSJ Goku is in the $500 range. Insane and that's THE anime depiction of SSJ Goku.

Unfortunately, the one good point you bring up is that Tamashii's track record does lean towards anime repaints. I hope that doesn't turn to be the case this year unless it's something unique...

What do you mean about lifting exclusive limits? For the attendees? That is honestly the one thing that upsets me about the SDCC Exclusives. While many would disagree with me, I feel an attendee should be limited to how many they're allowed to buy UNLESS they're an authorized web shop/store front retailer. Even then, I feel they should put in their order with Bluefin either before or during the convention and Bluefin can put aside their quantity.

That would be a completely different structured process but I feel it would work best. Also, I just find it absolutely ridiculous how Tamashii/Bluefin is making exclusives OF exclusives. I don't care about the price increases that Bluefin does to the exclusives once they're on their web shop. That SHOULD happen because the SDCC attendees deserve a special discount.

I'm still thinking Normal Goku in darker gi will be the SDCC Exclusive. I know somebody mentioned he has manga eyes, too. I noticed SDCC Super Saiyan Goku has bigger pupils than the manga.

I dont understand why so many people want the sdcc goku? I like the shading and such but I feel the manga version is just find. The lighter color outfit makes it more anime realistic to me. Only because when they go ss the clothes become a lighter color than they were. But to each their own.

The face on SDCC Goku is excellent and the dark gi really stands out. Other than that, I'm satisfied with the manga version. The SDCC is a great Android/Cell Games Saga anime Super Saiyan Goku depiction though but I would much rather have a World Tournament/Buu Saga Super Saiyan Goku with the striations in his hair.

All you guys got it wrong; this year's SDCC will be Klylin with the flesh-colored eyes!

20121013-204411.jpg

but if they do normal goku, can we please get his original Kamehameha effect this time?

PxeVaFZ.jpg

just look how more epic that looks compared to the one we got :slap

Bluefin can release two SDCC Exclusives, one of them being a set of Krillin anime heads. Maybe that could test the market for future accessory packs. I know Piccolo deserves more head sculpts.

I'd love an SDCC SSJ3 Goku with better colors, which is likely the reason people want it. Bluefin needs to fix their stuff, especially since SDCC Vegeta had that glitch where you could only get two at a time - which wouldn't have stopped scalpers but did convince regular buyers like me not to bother for the time being - and probably restrict buyers as well. The only issues is that people at SDCC sometimes buy for their friends or family, so they would be affected. I was surprised that Piccolo didn't sell out until late last year.

I think a re-issue of Super Saiyan 3 Goku would be the perfect figure for the 2.0 that everybody was talking about. Adding more faces would help quite a lot, too.

Tamashii hasn't done that for any of their figures, but some companies have added new accessories for SDCC repaints.

I know they did that for Tamashii Festival exclusives though.

Tamashii should do the opposite of Sailor Moon with Manga Super Saiyan Goku and Manga Piccolo; add more faces to their re-issues.

Well, besides Piccolo, Super Saiyan Goku, Gohan, and Scouter Vegeta that only leaves a few left. Even then we can cut it down to a smaller number.

Super Saiyan Vegeta - had a Vegeta in 2014
Super Saiyan 3 Goku - already anime accurate, any variant appearances?
Trunks - already anime accurate, any variant appearances?
Perfect Cell -
Frieza - already anime accurate, any variant appearances?
Krillin -
Normal Goku -
Android 18 - already anime accurate, any variant appearances?
Android 17 - already anime accurate, any variant appearances?
Broly - already movie anime accurate
Android 16 - too early
Vegito - too early

Well I know I would go for a manga color Trunks, with the blue/turquoise jacket.

Wouldn't be much of a change from the regular figure granted. The other parts are the same color as the anime version.

But still, I'd buy that.

Well I know I would go for a manga color Trunks, with the blue/turquoise jacket.

Wouldn't be much of a change from the regular figure granted. The other parts are the same color as the anime version.

But still, I'd buy that.

I doubt anybody demanding a Future Trunks would mind manga colors. The only problem would be it's a complete opposite of what Bluefin has been doing with their SDCC Exclusives.

I agree with you on all that, but what I find funny is that a lot of people don't seems to understand, or probably rather remember, that the sdcc exclusives have to be appealing mostly just to US, meaning, not japan. Because the anime is "our" prime DBZ, whereas as I understand it (and so tamashii's paintschemes imply heavily) the manga remains Japan's prime version, the only things we'll see as SDCC ex's are versions that are typical of the anime.

I find it a bit effed up that they cancelled the line due to japan's low interest. International sales (interested in the anime) revive it, it becomes a huge success... and they revert back to making the manga paint the standard... I find that quite unfair if I'm truly honest, Japan had its chance, they dropped it. It's an explicit fact the western, anime focussed market revived the line. The paint schemes should in general be geared toward us. Yet another instance where Tamashii does not make the 'biggest market dictates' choice.

Anyway, despite my personal grievance there, sdcc ex's will always be something that's just geared toward the western audience. Effects are interesting to japan too so they won't do that. Otherwise people in japan will be like 'oi!', although probably less british...

I'm betting reg goku will be the sdcc ex and vegito the year afterward. Yes, simple anime repaints. And yes, Bardoon, if you feel as e that's effed up... well congrats you feel as me that that's effed up.:lol

Back