S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vegitio returning in the anime would be great, I'd love it. I prefer his design over Gogeta too, and he was pretty entertaining to watch without a doubt.

Vegitio not having a normal smirk blows as well, especially since that's his first appearance

Vegito_(1).jpg

I'm upset they didn't include this face...

Vegito-LV1-Foil-Limited11.jpg

I haven't watched any complete Saga past Cell Games Saga and the cards are the only way I really knew about most characters.

At least they included this face...

Vegito-Super-Saiyan-LV2-Limited1.jpg

One out of two ain't bad, I suppose.

These are the only panels he gets in the manga, which I prefer. Gets right down to business!
Vegetto.jpg

Manga.jpg

Hey Angelo, that's the same way I followed the story as a kid, since I never watched the show! I just recently found a bunch of drawings I did, and apparently I knew a heck of a lot of characters.

I have to disagree with you about the designs. I prefer Vegetto being so much simpler and really appreciate Toriyama doing that. It's just subtle touch-ups and it makes sense for the story. That's why I love the SSJ2 design, and dislike SSJ3 (grows hair), Boo (some ancient demonic creature that for some reason dresses like a martial artist), and Gotenks (White pants and grows a vest?). If he had to make his hair grow, it should gradually grow and de-grow, like the Oozaru. I'm so glad Battle of Gods made SSJ3 obsolete at least, because SSJ2 should have been the highest in my opinion. Did you see the rumors that Freeza's new transformation is just going to be like how he was in the trailer, with the purple part on his chest, just being white? I want that to be it! Just subtle!

Vegetto looks incredible, but I have to pass on him because of what Silrian said. If he was more integral to the plot or used in the upcoming movie, I'd buy him! Unfortunately, that's not the case. It's such an awesome design though! I don't have the money to spend on anything, but my absolute most wanted. I'm just buying major characters from now on, so no Nappa for me either. Although, I will be buying multiple forms of them! I will buy every canon version of Goku that's not SSJ3, Vegeta, Cell, Future Trunks, and Gohan that's not the Great Saiyaman. If they make Bardock and Namek Goku, then I'll have to get first form Freeza and 100% as well! If Tamashii pumped out more a year, I would have bought everything, but now they given me time to think rationally! :)

You asked about what our line ups for the Boo arc are. The only character I'm buying specifically from the Boo arc is Vegeta. The rest is from this "current Gods arc." I love it, so I'm down for a lot of the new designs for them! I'll buy the Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Beerus, and Freeza!

Sorry, I wrote so much!

These are the only panels he gets in the manga, which I prefer. Gets right down to business!
View attachment 151745

View attachment 151746

Hey Angelo, that's the same way I followed the story as a kid, since I never watched the show! I just recently found a bunch of drawings I did, and apparently I knew a heck of a lot of characters.

I have to disagree with you about the designs. I prefer Vegetto being so much simpler and really appreciate Toriyama doing that. It's just subtle touch-ups and it makes sense for the story. That's why I love the SSJ2 design, and dislike SSJ3 (grows hair), Boo (some ancient demonic creature that for some reason dresses like a martial artist), and Gotenks (White pants and grows a vest?). If he had to make his hair grow, it should gradually grow and de-grow, like the Oozaru. I'm so glad Battle of Gods made SSJ3 obsolete at least, because SSJ2 should have been the highest in my opinion. Did you see the rumors that Freeza's new transformation is just going to be like how he was in the trailer, with the purple part on his chest, just being white? I want that to be it! Just subtle!

Vegetto looks incredible, but I have to pass on him because of what Silrian said. If he was more integral to the plot or used in the upcoming movie, I'd buy him! Unfortunately, that's not the case. It's such an awesome design though! I don't have the money to spend on anything, but my absolute most wanted. I'm just buying major characters from now on, so no Nappa for me either. Although, I will be buying multiple forms of them! I will buy every canon version of Goku that's not SSJ3, Vegeta, Cell, Future Trunks, and Gohan that's not the Great Saiyaman. If they make Bardock and Namek Goku, then I'll have to get first form Freeza and 100% as well! If Tamashii pumped out more a year, I would have bought everything, but now they given me time to think rationally! :)

You asked about what our line ups for the Boo arc are. The only character I'm buying specifically from the Boo arc is Vegeta. The rest is from this "current Gods arc." I love it, so I'm down for a lot of the new designs for them! I'll buy the Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Beerus, and Freeza!

Sorry, I wrote so much!

Normal Vegito only has a few panels in the manga? That's interesting. How long is he in the anime?

Yeah, the CCG was unbelievable to me. That, along with the action figures, really gave me a sense about the all of characters, anime and movies. It was rare if I didn't like one.

That's understandable. I don't really care for simplicity to be part of a story and design. That's why I can barely stand Super Saiyan God. I remember watching Battle of Gods and thinking "That's it?!" I actually enjoyed the story BEHIND the Super Saiyan God, which many didn't, but the outcome design made everything feel lazy. I have not heard those specific rumors on Frieza's transformation. ...That would actually be just as lazy as Super Saiyan God, to me. The Fusion Dance has always interested me because it's not an easy done-and-done fusion, it's complex. The power levels have to be the same and the dance has to be precise otherwise you get faulty fusions.

Buu Saga Vegeta would be great. I feel we should get that before Majin Vegeta but Tamashii doesn't necessarily like to release things in order.

Never be sorry about writing too much!

Vegetto looks incredible, but I have to pass on him because of what Silrian said. If he was more integral to the plot or used in the upcoming movie, I'd buy him!

So you don't think Vegeto will look awesome in your display just because he wasn't integral to the plot of the show?

Yeah, in the manga Vegito pretty much went ssj immediately, its only in the anime he teased Buu a bit testing his power.

Buu saga/majin Vegeta is now my holy grail for this line, along with armor long hair Trunks.

So you don't think Vegeto will look awesome in your display just because he wasn't integral to the plot of the show?

No, I do think he'd look cool. I just don't collect everything tht looks cool. I'd be both broke and miserable about only being able to buy like 1 percent of verything. 'Looking cool' is not my only criteria, and vegito fails every other but looking cool.

To boot, yet again, tamashii omits the one face I would've displayed him as: a normal hair smirk...

I dont get why tamashii is cheap on face inclusions, I really don't. Add a few bucks and just make it complete.

@Big D TOTALLY with you there, but I'd add a third: true, OG saiyan saga normal goku.:hi5:

Nappa and Tien are my runner ups now and there's my top 5, which can now finally be a 5, now that adult gohan is coming.

Well perhaps there were some other issues & "middle-men" involved regarding the faces, for whatever reason they don't want them included (case in point, SSj Goku's smiling face). Makes absolutely no sense.

As for my holy grail? I think that's common knowledge by now :lol

P7180165-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

:mwaha

My displays!

- Perfect diorama from Jacksdo, gift from family.
- Awesome space pod, gift from friend.
- Sexy Broly, gift from self...

I can rest in peace now :angelsmil:joy

diorama broly1.jpg
vewwgeta!!!.jpg
btolr!!!!!!!!!.jpg

(still waiting for my august preorder of c17 though)

Awesome display!

@angelo I just like designs that are simple, but practical. That's why I don't mind the jogging outfit! They're just family and friends living through life, so I think its refreshing compared to most super powered heroes. Battle of Gods was basically getting together with old friends, so I don't think it was supposed to be taken too seriously. I have different expectations for the new film. I'm a guy who thinks that no one should have gotten SSJ2 other than Gohan, so I have to accept a lot things. I would have rather them used different strategies, mixing the "Full Powered," "Ascended," and "Ultimate" forms, instead of coming up with more SSJ forms. I saw that you enjoyed "Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return"! I thought the ending was perfect! I was really happy to see Lunch, since she's one of my favorite characters!

Being a big Superhero guy, I always preferred the more simple designs for them too. For Batman I prefer his "Year One" costume and gadgets, Spider-man in his black suit since it makes far more sense for stealth and scaring criminals (His fun personality can make up for looking so dark), Steve Rogers in his Super Soldier outfit, and Daredevil in pure red (Who doesn't?).

I also prefer a more serious and complex plot, which is why the Cell arc is my favorite. I would love to "hear" your thoughts on the Boo arc when you watch it! I hope you really like it. Unfortunately, I think every character was poorly written, except Vegeta, in order to be more comedic. Vegeta actually had some of Toriyama's most mature writing in the series. There's also an incredible scene with a sniper and his butler(?). It's one of the greatest scenes in Dragon Ball, but for some reason no one brings it up! Mr. Satan and the Fat Boo are a lot of fun! I think the anime gave them too many scenes, because they kind of become a bit like Jar Jar Binks, but they're really good characters. The manga cuts down their scenes a lot, so I looked forward to them a lot more.

@crisis It will look cool, but I don't have the money for that. I spent a heck of a lot on these already, and I feel kind of guilty about it. Of course I would want everything! But, also got a lot of other obligations and goals. Even if I was rich, I wouldn't go further, because then I'd feel like a real dirtbag when there's kids out there that don't even eat, and here I spend a crazy amount of money on a toy. I don't extra money on anything else for myself, so that makes me feel okay with buying the figures that I do. I've sold a bunch of stuff recently and all the money is going toward these. Once that money is up, that's all I get! So I have to be wise. You may be happy to know that you were right, and I bought Broly. That was because I was ready to buy everything, since I was so hyped. Remember how you said that by stringing us a long, it would be better for business? That kind of worked, since it got me to buy the Cyborg Twins and Broly. Now its backfired, because there's too many gaps of characters I'm not interested in buying and I'm skipping out on characters I would have bought from them. I don't know if you remember, but I actually wanted Boo-tenks more than any villain, but time passed and now I'm passing on it. I also would have gotten SSJ4 Goku, Vegetto, and Cyborg 16, but now I'm skipping out on them. I'm not complaining, since it helped me get to my senses! Although, I just makes me want SSJ Vegeta, Long Haired Trunks, Saiyan/Namek arc Goku more!

Buu saga/majin Vegeta is now my holy grail for this line, along with armor long hair Trunks.

Right there with you! It's been that way for over a year and won't change! I'm hoping we also get a Saiyan/Namek arc Goku and an accurate Cell. Those are my four favorite characters and I would like to get my favorite appearances of them. I know I'm out on the Perfect Cell department, but I can at least hope for Imperfect Cell. That was awesome how they introduced the horror aspect!

You guys think all scalpers bad?

Not at all. It depends what you consider a scalper and a fair seller. These are collectibles. Their value rises. It's inevitable when there's a high demand and low supply. There are trust worthy forum members that will help you on figuring out what is a good price for a specific figure and to help you avoid true scalper prices.

Since everyone is sharing their holy grails of things they are dying for...may I indulge?

5. Saiyan/Namek Saga Goku. How has this not been done? We NEED this. Make him have his Roshi symbol on his chest and the King Kai on the back, should cover all his fights from Nappa up to Frieza.

4. Tien. Any Tien. Saiyan saga would be great to go along with Nappa, android saga would be great if we get 2nd form Cell and Buu saga isn't my favorite but i'll take that too!

3. 2nd Form Cell. I might go the custom route with this one but I really, really want him. He is my favorite Cell form and posing him with a Super Vegeta is my dream...most entertaining fight of the series.

2. Android 18's Cell saga outfit. C'mon, this is like her main outfit until Buu saga. Really cute, would be perfect to go along with Android 16/2nd Form Cell.

1. Android 20/Dr. Gero. Of course. But seriously! He would actually be a pretty cool figure if they can nail the head sculpt and even if you aren't a Gero freak like me....you HAVE to have the creator with his children!

Been on the hunt for Trunks and I still have no luck. I guess I won't be able to get him. *sigh* oh well.

Awesome display!

@angelo I just like designs that are simple, but practical. That's why I don't mind the jogging outfit! They're just family and friends living through life, so I think its refreshing compared to most super powered heroes. Battle of Gods was basically getting together with old friends, so I don't think it was supposed to be taken too seriously. I have different expectations for the new film. I'm a guy who thinks that no one should have gotten SSJ2 other than Gohan, so I have to accept a lot things. I would have rather them used different strategies, mixing the "Full Powered," "Ascended," and "Ultimate" forms, instead of coming up with more SSJ forms. I saw that you enjoyed "Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return"! I thought the ending was perfect! I was really happy to see Lunch, since she's one of my favorite characters!

Being a big Superhero guy, I always preferred the more simple designs for them too. For Batman I prefer his "Year One" costume and gadgets, Spider-man in his black suit since it makes far more sense for stealth and scaring criminals (His fun personality can make up for looking so dark), Steve Rogers in his Super Soldier outfit, and Daredevil in pure red (Who doesn't?).

I also prefer a more serious and complex plot, which is why the Cell arc is my favorite. I would love to "hear" your thoughts on the Boo arc when you watch it! I hope you really like it. Unfortunately, I think every character was poorly written, except Vegeta, in order to be more comedic. Vegeta actually had some of Toriyama's most mature writing in the series. There's also an incredible scene with a sniper and his butler(?). It's one of the greatest scenes in Dragon Ball, but for some reason no one brings it up! Mr. Satan and the Fat Boo are a lot of fun! I think the anime gave them too many scenes, because they kind of become a bit like Jar Jar Binks, but they're really good characters. The manga cuts down their scenes a lot, so I looked forward to them a lot more.

Those are great explanations on practicality in regards to the Z-Fighters. I just hope this new movie turns up some great complexity written stories. Haha, I get that about Gohan. I was expecting Gohan to be the true ultimate warrior but I knew it was inevitable that his character development wasn't meant permanently meant for that. ...Even though by the end of the series he actually did become the strongest warrior, right? Hm, now I'll have to re-think that when I watch the Buu Saga. Yeah, that was a great anime short! I honestly felt that should have been dubbed and added on in the beginning of Battle of Gods or even on the Blu-Ray. I really like Lunch. I always thought her and Tien should have started a family or got together.

I actually go based on art for comic book designs. I mean Neal Adams/Marshall Rogers/Norm Breyfogle Batman is unbeatable to me. Steve Ditko and Todd McFarlane Spider-Man, John Byrne Superman and Wolverine. I honestly like Daredevil in his yellow outfit. The red fits the tone much better in later issues but the yellow is a lot of fun. Steve Rodgers in Super Soldier outfit...eh, I prefer Captain America all the way. It's too iconic to mess with for me. Super Soldier outfit was cool for the time though with his comeback and when he was in control of the Secret Avengers team. That era of Marvel kind of pisses me off with the entire Superhero Registration Act but I won't get into that.

I can't believe how complex the Android and Cell Sagas are! It just amazed me watching that over again as an adult. The story is so ****ING GOOD! The time travel is explained perfectly so I'm really interested to see if Toriyama still has some left in the tank for Frieza! If it comes to that, of course. I'll definitely let you know about the Buu Saga when I watch it! It'll be awhile. I just got done with Sons of Anarchy and now I'm binge watching Justified for the final season. I may try and plan it out where I'll watch the episode of Vegito when he's coming out, hehe. A sniper and his butler? I'll keep an eye out for that. I really enjoy the scenes with Hercule and Mr. Buu in GT's Baby Saga.

Been on the hunt for Trunks and I still have no luck. I guess I won't be able to get him. *sigh* oh well.

I know the feeling. Trunks is the most I've ever paid for a figure. $280 plus $30 shipping and ergh....$50 customs. But he is a really awesome figure that comes with a lot of stuff but I don't think i'll go over that again. I need Frieza and Perfect Cell but they should be a bit easier on the wallet.

Back