S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will Tamashii announce another release before the year is over or did Gohan already cover that?

Edited: I suppose SDCC Exclusive would be the one to follow in regards to releases. Announcements for Buu, Gohan, and Super Saiyan 4 Goku would be nice if they plan on releasing them in that order.

Also, I could imagine if gohan's rerelease sells really well, it'd make them consider Vegeta's even more...

How do you believe they would be relevant to one another? I'm not disagreeing, I love the idea that it would help. Just curious to hear your idea behind it.

Because I think Tamashii might doubt fanboy screams being representative of the majority of the actual market. The loudest opinion is actually rarely the most shared one. However, if they start seeing with their own eyes the actual sales numbers of not just goku's rerelease, but piccolo's and goku's, it might become too tempting to not act upon further.

I'll order from Amazon as well but I plan on getting quite a lot of Super Saiyan 4 Goku figures. More so than any other figure, to be honest.

Excellent point, Big Deano. I've waited this long, waiting a few months after April won't be any worse just so I can get them anywhere similar to Super Saiyan Goku and Piccolo.
Why do u buy so many of each character?
Any chance SS3 Goku will be re released?

NO cause he's a web exclusive just like ss vegeta

Hopefully I'll get a chance next year to pick up the re-released Gohan online somewhere seeing as, at least from my own experience, there is a distinct lack of shops in the UK that stock imported figures and/or model kits.

Talking of Super Saiyan Vegeta I received my Datong Super "Begeta, Prince of all Space Chimps" yesterday. Waist is a bit loose and I may have to tighten the right shoulder but otherwise pretty awesome. Would still get the Tamashii release if I got the chance at a reasonable price (for a toy)...I think the only way a re-release of SS Vegeta will happen is if its a slight recolour variant possibly with re-sculpted boot tips (maybe reusing the boot tip from the up coming Vegetto, if its not just painted).

Hoping I may receive my Broly before the weeks out which would be a quick turn around.

Hopefully I'll get a chance next year to pick up the re-released Gohan online somewhere seeing as, at least from my own experience, there is a distinct lack of shops in the UK that stock imported figures and/or model kits.

Talking of Super Saiyan Vegeta I received my Datong Super "Begeta, Prince of all Space Chimps" yesterday. Waist is a bit loose and I may have to tighten the right shoulder but otherwise pretty awesome. Would still get the Tamashii release if I got the chance at a reasonable price (for a toy)...I think the only way a re-release of SS Vegeta will happen is if its a slight recolour variant possibly with re-sculpted boot tips (maybe reusing the boot tip from the up coming Vegetto, if its not just painted).

Hoping I may receive my Broly before the weeks out which would be a quick turn around.

datong SS is alright. But as soon as I got him I went hunting for the real thing. He's a great customizing platform though.

I think the only way a re-release of SS Vegeta will happen is if its a slight recolour variant possibly with re-sculpted boot tips (maybe reusing the boot tip from the up coming Vegetto, if its not just painted).

Honestly I don't think that'll happen either. Next version of Vegeta that we'll most likely get is Majin. Since they're apparently skipping Ascended SS Trunks then they're probably gonna skip Ascended SS Vegeta as well, unfortunately. But who knows what will happen in the coming years.

"Begeta, Prince of all Space Chimps"

You win the internet today.

I hope that as in the other re-releases, the Manga SS Son Gohan figure comes with a little more color and shading:

SSSonGohanReissue2_zps0b10fb65.jpg

Moments before the awakening of the Super Saiyan:

FriezaEnergy_zpse28110bb.jpg

Because I think Tamashii might doubt fanboy screams being representative of the majority of the actual market. The loudest opinion is actually rarely the most shared one. However, if they start seeing with their own eyes the actual sales numbers of not just goku's rerelease, but piccolo's and goku's, it might become too tempting to not act upon further.

That's a very good idea. Hopefully, as the years and sales go by, "traditions" and "values" change over time.

Why do u buy so many of each character?

To have enough for my displays or because I really like the figure/character. I have a few left in the boxes but that's because I don't have a display for them yet or I have a display planned but I don't want to pay even crazier prices. I don't plan on selling them or keep them in the boxes for the long run.

Super Saiyan 2 Gohan is my favorite character (point) from the entirety of Dragon Ball Z. I have two of the SDCC and I plan to buy a couple of the Manga re-release. Mostly so I can put him in a display or two with Piccolo and then some other ideas. Both of the SDCC ones are in Super Saiyan 2 form. They're part of my "pièce de résistance."

As for Super Saiyan 4 Goku, I would say that Super Saiyan 4 is my all-time favorite Dragon Ball design. The reason why I would like to have many Super Saiyan 4 Goku figures is to have enough for the potential displays and because I love the design. Super Saiyan 4 Goku was really THE form throughout Dragon Ball GT. Super Baby Vegeta, Super 17, Nuova Shenron, Eis Shenron, and Omega Shenron. Then Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta and Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta displays. It's all speculation that any of them are even going to be released but I'd rather have the Super Saiyan 4 Goku figures just to be sure.

Honestly I don't think that'll happen either. Next version of Vegeta that we'll most likely get is Majin. Since they're apparently skipping Ascended SS Trunks then they're probably gonna skip Ascended SS Vegeta as well, unfortunately. But who knows what will happen in the coming years.

I just hope Majin Vegeta has A LOT of accessories/body parts in the packaging. I'll flip out if it's just another Super Saiyan Vegeta all over again with an "M" on his forehead.

Like you said, who knows. They may go back to develop and produce those figures. Especially since there is demand for those characters and Tamashii knows it.

I hope that as in the other re-releases, the Manga SS Son Gohan figure comes with a little more color and shading:

Awesome work as always brotha. This recoloring would be the best thing to do.

That's a very good idea. Hopefully, as the years and sales go by, "traditions" and "values" change over time.

To have enough for my displays or because I really like the figure/character. I have a few left in the boxes but that's because I don't have a display for them yet or I have a display planned but I don't want to pay even crazier prices. I don't plan on selling them or keep them in the boxes for the long run.

Super Saiyan 2 Gohan is my favorite character (point) from the entirety of Dragon Ball Z. I have two of the SDCC and I plan to buy a couple of the Manga re-release. Mostly so I can put him in a display or two with Piccolo and then some other ideas. Both of the SDCC ones are in Super Saiyan 2 form. They're part of my "pièce de résistance."

As for Super Saiyan 4 Goku, I would say that Super Saiyan 4 is my all-time favorite Dragon Ball design. The reason why I would like to have many Super Saiyan 4 Goku figures is to have enough for the potential displays and because I love the design. Super Saiyan 4 Goku was really THE form throughout Dragon Ball GT. Super Baby Vegeta, Super 17, Nuova Shenron, Eis Shenron, and Omega Shenron. Then Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta and Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta displays. It's all speculation that any of them are even going to be released but I'd rather have the Super Saiyan 4 Goku figures just to be sure.

I just hope Majin Vegeta has A LOT of accessories/body parts in the packaging. I'll flip out if it's just another Super Saiyan Vegeta all over again with an "M" on his forehead.

Like you said, who knows. They may go back to develop and produce those figures. Especially since there is demand for those characters and Tamashii knows it.
Ahhhh I see, very good point hahaha. Wish I had the cash to buy multiples but I collect to many different lines to able to

Ahhhh I see, very good point hahaha. Wish I had the cash to buy multiples but I collect to many different lines to able to

What other lines do you collect? I collect, in general, comic books (action figure here and there), Dragon Ball/Sailor Moon S.H. Figuarts, and WWE action figures.

What other lines do you collect? I collect, in general, comic books (action figure here and there), Dragon Ball/Sailor Moon S.H. Figuarts, and WWE action figures.
Man what don't I collect is the question hahaha. I do everything that's been HIT from 80s-now haha. Gijoe, transformers, thundercats, tmnt, mmpr, wwe, sports figures,movie figures, marvel,DC,dbz,hit anime movies/TV shows, Hit videogames. Statues,1/6. Yea too much lol

Since we are getting into collections I thought I would chip in :p

I currently collect dragonball figuarts, power rangers figuarts, and a few other random figures I just liked the looks of. I have a few game of thrones (funko) and assassins creed (mcfarlane) figures but they fall short of expectations.

I did collect star wars 3 3/4 figures, but stopped when they made them cheaper in all but price then rebranded them as the black series which is more expensive. I would collect the 6inch series but with tamashii doing figuarts star wars I cant bring myself to pay the same price for a figure that may come out far superior in figuarts form.

I too collect some Star Wars 3 3/4 figures, but what I have is mostly customs of Sith Lords that don't have official figures. Small preview:

Attachment-1.jpeg

^Darth Bane, Darth Caedus, and Kazdan Paradus, I have a lot more

My collection also consists of other random stuff, such as the Nendoroid Sonic, Figuarts Mario, Figma Samus & Link, several Revoltechs, Figuarts Mewtwo, a lot of Marvel 3 inch figures, several EVAs. I'll take a photo of everything once it's all organized lol.

:offtopic:

Guess who was just cast as the new Joker?

The-Squad-Small.jpg

source: It's Official: Meet the Cast of DC Comics' Suicide Squad Movie! - SuperHeroHype

I really hope they go with more shading like that image.

Man what don't I collect is the question hahaha. I do everything that's been HIT from 80s-now haha. Gijoe, transformers, thundercats, tmnt, mmpr, wwe, sports figures,movie figures, marvel,DC,dbz,hit anime movies/TV shows, Hit videogames. Statues,1/6. Yea too much lol

Wow, you weren't kidding. That is an insane collection, wolvie. Where do you fit all of that? It's never too much as long as you enjoy it and have a passion for it. That's how it is with me and my collections. I haven't really been into Dragon Ball Z for a long time and I jumped back into it in June when I was ordering the movie blu-rays and saw the Broly S.H. Figuart. It just opened the room to my excitement and passion for that series all over. It was great.

Since we are getting into collections I thought I would chip in :p

I currently collect dragonball figuarts, power rangers figuarts, and a few other random figures I just liked the looks of. I have a few game of thrones (funko) and assassins creed (mcfarlane) figures but they fall short of expectations.

I did collect star wars 3 3/4 figures, but stopped when they made them cheaper in all but price then rebranded them as the black series which is more expensive. I would collect the 6inch series but with tamashii doing figuarts star wars I cant bring myself to pay the same price for a figure that may come out far superior in figuarts form.

Glad you did! :lol

I've seen the Assassins Creed McFarlane figures. They look pretty cool. Is it the articulation that falls short of expectations?

That's what I've been thinking about the Star Wars, as well. As soon as I saw the Darth Vader S.H. Figuart I was like "...That may be the best Darth Vader figure I've ever seen." I've heard there's other high quality Star Wars figures as well. I can't remember the name of them though.

How big is your collection of the Dragon Ball S.H. Figuarts? If you don't mind me asking.

Back