S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my collection update with 17! Great figure by the way. Can't wait for 16!!

DBZ 17small.jpg

Great display albundyland, I love that setup. Every character really shines. :clap

I am also in the process of updating my display... and believe me when I tell you guys, it's gonna be biblical :devil

Al that's a great display! I just have one suggestion: switch reg and ssj goku with each other. Just something I saw that would be a finishing touch more regarding the structure of the whole thing. But otherwise really cool application of a crowded detolf.

Is there any difference with the re-releases (For SS Goku & Piccolo for instance) then the original releases? I'm assuming it's just a item number or something that has been changed?

It really does. Do you have a thread or picture of your setup?

I've posted a few pictures of me just screwing around. Nothing to brag about...yet, ha.

I got my Datong Scouter Vegeta figures yesterday. Already converted one to Namek Vegeta. Pics later and maybe a review/comparison with the legit one.

Can't wait to see the Namek Vegeta!

Got my Datong Scouter Vegeta today. Pretty good figure but the package is huge and it wasn't very secure inside the box. I had parts floating around and one of the spikes on the attached face was bent but easily fixed. Just kinda dissapointed seeing how well they boxed SS Vegeta. Overall though I'm impressed with the figure. Didn't have much time to mess with it before work sadly so I can't wait to get home tonight.

Yeah, a couple of hands were flying around in mine. Other than that, it was pretty solid. The box is strangely big, too. Were you able to put on the scouter?

Yamcha is awesome dude !!

I know! I had to post those pictures for those Yamcha fans out there. I wish I could send Tamashii a message and tell them to see how easy he would be to produce.

I'm passing on Brolly because I don't really know him as a character. I'm trying to focus on the anime series.

If you have the money, I suggest buy him. You can sit on him if you want but it's something you may not want to pass up.

Amazing display, by the way! Also love the user name.

Great display albundyland, I love that setup. Every character really shines. :clap

I am also in the process of updating my display... and believe me when I tell you guys, it's gonna be biblical :devil

Don't you steal my thunder, crisis. :mad:

Battle of Displays!

Yeah I was able to get the scouter attached. Found there was a small piece of plastic inside the slot that wasn't properly cut out. Once removed no problem.

And yeah I have a feeling that Broly will be one of those characters that will sell very well and will go up in price quickly. Definitely don't wanna pass him up unless your over 9000% sure you won't want him down the road.

Finally finished my display for the moment. I need to buy another datong Scouter Vegeta for the faces, crossed arms, and stage. If anyone is interested in the rest I can sell or trade it to you. Just lmk.

Awesome display! I've noticed you bought the LED display stages. How are they? I've been thinking about buying a couple on eBay.

What exactly is everyone referring to when they say "Datong"? I'm a little late to the party with these. Is this a special version of Vegetta or something? Also Are the re-releases (Goku/Piccolo) the same as the original figures, just not worth as much?

Datong is a chinese knockoff manufacturer, but the two made so far are very close to the originals. The Vegetas all over ebay cheap are datong.

The two reissues are identical to the originals, and as such they are all priced the same. My advice is dont start this line based on what they are worth money wise, but what they are worth to you. They are all eventually worth alot, so just buy what you want to.

Before I get into the picture and price comparisons, it's best to remember that Datong figures are cheap bootlegs. They're no where near the production quality of S.H. Figuarts. They're a cheap alternative.

These are Datong compared to S.H. Figuarts...

The one on the left is going for $40, the one on the right is going for $160+.

070714-1.jpg

The one on the left is going for $120+, the one on the right is going for around $35.

10606247_869403806405999_2709657295055913029_n.jpg

Datong is a chinese knockoff manufacturer, but the two made so far are very close to the originals. The Vegetas all over ebay cheap are datong.

The two reissues are identical to the originals, and as such they are all priced the same. My advice is dont start this line based on what they are worth money wise, but what they are worth to you. They are all eventually worth alot, so just buy what you want to.

Oh, Big Deano, you truly are a great fellow Dragon Ball Z S.H. Figuarts collector. :clap

Awesome display! I've noticed you bought the LED display stages. How are they? I've been thinking about buying a couple on eBay.
They're not bad. The arms are pretty much useless if you want to put them in the air. And they're battery operated which is a bummer. But really that's all that's wrong with them.

What exactly is everyone referring to when they say "Datong"? I'm a little late to the party with these. Is this a special version of Vegetta or something? Also Are the re-releases (Goku/Piccolo) the same as the original figures, just not worth as much?

Like most people have said they're knock offs but for the price they're not bad. In my picture above all my Vegeta's, Trunks, and SS3 Goku's head are all knock offs. To me, while not same quality, are good enough for price reasons, and there is no guarantee they will re-release those figures. Better safe than sorry. You can always get the knock offs until they do a re-release if they do. If they don't at least you have that character in your collection.

Back