S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crows if you want attention, dial our toll free number 1-800-eat-a-****

:thwak:

my job here is done.

I shall never return

Goku.gif

That's what I did @surlyj I got the most expensive out of the way, I just started collecting this line a few months ago, now I only need scouter vegeta, sdcc piccolo, Frieza, and cell.

My Datong Vegeta/Trunks showed up today. Crazy that it got here from China in 7 days. I'm happy with it. Much happier than paying two or three hundred bucks on eBay for one. I'll try to get some pictures up tonight.

Whenever tamashii decides to :p

Honestly there isnt really any way to foretell these things. #16 might not even be finalised yet tbh.

Android 16 could get delayed until Fall 2016, this is the world we live in

found this on my doorstep ^__^
v.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. Although I've got every figure in this line so far, I've stopped keeping tabs on the updates.

I cannot believe the secondary market prices on these things! Especially figures like SS3 Goku. I remember all the backlash there was about this figure when he was released. Now, he is being sold for $300 on ebay. SS Vegeta is going for $360, and people are buying them!

The last couple of years I've been more into Sideshow PF and maquettes, that sort of thing. But none of those pieces even come close to the rapid secondary market gain you see with these figures!

Well, these are arguably the BEST DBZ figures made thus far. All other DBZ toys made in the past 20 years literally pale in comparison, when you take into account the attention to detail, multiple accessories, hands/faces, articulation, etc. these babies come with so it's no wonder these are highly sought-after collectibles, and Tamashii-Bluefin know this I'm sure. Even the worst-looking DBZ Figuart is still better than the best-looking DBZ figure of the past decade. Everytime I look at Normal Goku's face I say to myself "damn, they really hit the nail on the head, this is him, like he literally jumped right out of the anime into my hands." Just flawless. Whereas you look at the Gokus released in like 2000, while "good" for it's time, no other company managed to get the exact facial features down, they would always look off.

The only other thing that can match S.H. Figuarts DBZ in terms of likeness to the characters are statues.

The worst looking one is by far, SSJ 3 Goku due to the paint job though the sculpt is still solid. However, compared to my old SSJ 3 Goku (my first DBZ figure ever I think) it looks so much better...though my old SSJ3 Goku has ok paint :lol

You just have to be diligent and set ebay alerts and you can find good deals on these figures. Either people who don't want to gouge or more likely sell without really knowing the value, or maybe there is something small wrong with it. About a year ago when SS Vegeta was going for $120ish, I found one on TFW for $60 because it STANK of cigarette smoke. However, after a month of having it I got the stank out and it was good as new. I saw that someone listed an SS Vegeta at Buy it Now just the other day for like $100. It was gone in a minute, but it was there. I even just snagged about an hour ago a scouter vegeta for $65 shipped from some dude in England. 2 weeks ago I was about to sell someone my Trunks for $140. So better prices can be had. Everyone just has to ignore those ridiculously high buy it nows on ebay, even when it seems like there are none others on ebay. More will always pop up.

And this line is amazing. I've always liked DBZ, but never cared to collect any of the toys because I always thought they were terrible. As soon as I saw this line, I was in. Sure, improvements can be made here and there, but this is the definitive line of DBZ action figures. The only place to go from here is a future where my Goku shoots a real kamehameha and torches my house.

What that shows is how massive DBZ fandom is and how much demand there is for descent action figure representations of them.

And it's very annoying that tamashii refuses to truly engage that demand of not wanting to disproportionately produce one liscence.

I genuinely don't get that. The general market is nothing more than supply and demand. If the dbz fanbase is larger than say a megaman fanbase, than it's logical the production would run faster on dbz releases. Fans of whatever line just have to suck up majority ruling. Like I have to accept there's no full mass effect character line up, the demand hasn't been proven to be there enough apparently and so I suck it up. That's how the market works. Popularity decides demand and demand should guide supply if there's no practical barrier like say a shortage of recources or whatever.

I don't get why tamashii operates the way they do, I genuinely don't. It's economically insensible to me.

Back