S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And we know nothing of 16's potential release date right? I hope Broly doesn't get delayed till February or March :/

Japan expo France 2014
attachment.php

attachment.php
What's with Gohan's gi???? It's the same color as the SDCC version, the original release of manga Gohan used a pastel powder purple, but this is a dark violet.

Everything else matches the original release, it's just his gi that's super dark and looks like the SDCC. I wonder what's up with that, did they not have a completed manga Gohan on hand, so they used the SDCC body with the manga accessories??? (read: arms, hands, head, hair, cape, shoes, belt)

I take it back! That is not Manga Gohan, look at his eyes! The manga release had dots under his eyes, the SDCC version did not. BUT the SDCC version had tan skin, and this one at the expo does not.
Comparing various images of the Gohan figures, it appears that this one in the expo is different from all of them.

View attachment 118624

I could be wrong, and a victim to intense lighting differences, but dots under the eyes can NOT be forged/erased from lighting tricks.

You can also see a red belt, the most noticeable difference between them. Though looking at mine, SDCC Gohan seems to have a glossy finish on his gi while the manga does not have.

The lighting seems to be bad in that pic, it's hard to see the belt...so...what then?

You can also see a red belt, the most noticeable difference between them. Though looking at mine, SDCC Gohan seems to have a glossy finish on his gi while the manga does not have.

The lighting seems to be bad in that pic, it's hard to see the belt...so...what then?
The belt is red in the Expo pictures, that's why so many of us thought it was just the standard manga edition Gohan (me included), but everything else is too different, so I don't know what to think.

It's that shot of his back that threw me for a loop, because the light is hitting the back of his leg directly, and it's still very dark anyway, but it's not SDCC purple because the SDCC Gohan has a very very vibrant purple (albeit dark)

Too dark to be Manga Gohan
Not saturated/vibrant enough to be SDCC Gohan

I think we'd need better shots, the lighting does not work in those photo's favor. The arm bands though are the same color on both. The shoes look like the manga color too.

In that review, it looks like Manga Gohan also has a glossy finish, or at least just looks shiny compared to Piccolo. So I just don't know. :dunno:

I agree that the lighting is bad, but looking at the first shot with 17, you see Gohan's back is well lit, that's the pic that has me questioning what version this is.

Like I said, I could be a victim of intense differences in the lighting, but even with that in mind I can't rationalize the differences in the paint detail on his face.

Thinking about it now, it's probably just different because it's a hand painted display piece. Sorry if I alarmed anyone, I just freaked out seeing how different they were, forgetting how Krillin's display version differed greatly from the actual product.

I think you are forgetting that the proto for Gohan had a dark gi and no lines under his eyes, also it looks like he doesn't have socks at the expo like like the proto
shfgohan2.jpg

I think you are forgetting that the proto for Gohan had a dark gi and no lines under his eyes, also it looks like he doesn't have socks at the expo like like the proto
shfgohan2.jpg

Thank you Krillin! You rescued me :) I posted earlier (previous page) saying that it may be a hand painted prototype, but I still wasn't completely convinced yet.

Thanks for posting that image, I was going to have trouble sleeping if I didn't have a solid answer. :)
Ok, that concludes that investigation. Case closed.

EDIT: This was my 500th post :D

Well hold on now you could be on to something. Remember that pic of manga ss goku orbital posted a few pages ago? Maybe they are rereleasing this manga gohan with more saturated colors and different detailing like they did with the most recent manga goku. Showing it off with a "sold out" label at an expo would really help to fuel a frenzy of orders if they actually do rerelease him. Maybe I'm just hoping that is the case since I don't have one but still...

Back