S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while and decided to join in. I'm new to the line and so far I have SS Goku, Vegeta, Goku, Krillin, and Piccolo. I'm trying to figure out who to buy next but don't want to pay too much if it's going to be reissued. What are the chances of Cell and Frieza being reissued? Seems like the price has gone up recently.

@Bane: If they exhibit Kid Buu at SDCC I can finally die in peace… Well, without going that far :lol

The green in the Broly's hair probably will be reserved for the Special Color Edition (or not):

SCE2015a_zps81be8843.jpg

Offtopic: I just noticed that the Tamashii site can also be viewed in English.

You have a point. When looking at Toriyama's sketches for Broly, his hair is just yellow** (HOWEVER, we don't know if he actually colored it himself, or someone else did after the fact. Why color only 1 part and not the rest?)

But for the official poster/boxart for the OVA that was released in 1993 (damn I'm old), his color is the signature "neon green," which a lot of people find more appealing, myself included

**now that i look at it, it seems the engineers for Broly based the figure off this original artwork alone. if you think about it, it makes sense. notice Broly doesn't have traps there either, or they're just very very unnoticeable

Yeah, its right, Toriyama not ordered anything for them, i think they thought it would be best green, and it was done, but i really think the yellow is better, and Bandai usually does not change after the official photos.

Anyway the figure is great!

You're Awesome PwnStar :clap

SSj Broly doesn't have a green tint, because he's SSj. But Legendary SSj has the green tint in all the movies.
Second coming SSj:
th

Second coming LSSj:
th

The control device has nothing to do with it, it only restricted him from going SSJ (making his hair blueish) but when it broke, so did it's effects. Legendary SSj is just greenish, I don't know why.

In the second coming, he could transform into SSj like normal (no green) But Legendary SSj still caused the green tint even then.

If you look at his arm pit, you can see all the range of motion that his clavicle joint allows, surly we can lower his shoulders.

Hope we get reg broly with ssj head and crown

@Bane: If they exhibit Kid Buu at SDCC I can finally die in peace… Well, without going that far :lol

The green in the Broly's hair probably will be reserved for the Special Color Edition (or not):

SCE2015a_zps81be8843.jpg

Offtopic: I just noticed that the Tamashii site can also be viewed in English.

That looks pretty cool, either way i'll get it lol.
we need some hi-res pics to see the detai and see the earrings . Anyone please???

Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while and decided to join in. I'm new to the line and so far I have SS Goku, Vegeta, Goku, Krillin, and Piccolo. I'm trying to figure out who to buy next but don't want to pay too much if it's going to be reissued. What are the chances of Cell and Frieza being reissued? Seems like the price has gone up recently.

Welcome! I'd definitely say get them sooner than later - they're both web exclusives, so once they sell out (which it does look like Cell is finally doing) they're only going to get more expensive and technically can't get reissued unless it's an altered/repainted version, which would be years down the line IF there was enough demand for it. You only have to look at SSJ Vegeta as an example of a web-exclusive selling out and how many people are desperate for it to get reissued for a good while now...

I can't wait to display the androids and Cell together!:rock

Cool edit orbital, but if I may critique it:
Broly in LSSj has always been very pale, nearly zombie like in both the anime and games.

Also one thing that actually bugs me about the original photo is his socks.

Broly has had many different color socks, but never red. I would like to see an edit with his pale purple socks

Welcome! I'd definitely say get them sooner than later - they're both web exclusives, so once they sell out (which it does look like Cell is finally doing) they're only going to get more expensive

You mentioned how Cell is finally selling out, well except for normal Goku and Krillin, he is the last figure I don't have, where exactly is he selling out and how likely am I to find one any less than $70?

They need to reveal Kid Buu next. But he has to be smaller than Frieza or else it wouldn't look right at all. Smaller joints are more difficult to fabricate than larger ones.

Good point. I've never noticed what colour are his socks. I need to watch the movie again.

I think broly looks ok with yellow hair. Maybe bandai decided that the green is just related to his ki.

Where you see it?? I hope NOT!!! Yellow is much better!! Green is an error, if it change i do not buy!
Green is not an error, it's his established iconic appearance. He's a Legendary Super Saiya-jin, his hair is suppose to look different.

Welcome to the forum by the way :) I'm happy to see new faces (avatars?)

That looks pretty cool, either way i'll get it lol.
we need some hi-res pics to see the detai and see the earrings . Anyone please???

In this picture is better appreciate:

BrolysEarrings_zpsbf0da069.jpg

@The_Philosopher: Thanks, you are right, i will make a more accurate version ;)

Good point. I've never noticed what colour are his socks. I need to watch the movie again.

I think broly looks ok with yellow hair. Maybe bandai decided that the green is just related to his ki.
His hair is green without his aura glowing, in fact when his ki aura is active, it's less green because of the highlighted edges. Personally I don't know the rationale why LSSj is greenish.

As to his socks, he's had purple socks, orange socks, and blue socks. Very very inconstant, but they've never been red :/

Back