S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Bane

To me it's not whether the character in-context has an excuse etc. How freakin important is Kami for having made the dragonballs in the first place? But do people scream for a SHF release of him? It's the fact that on a meta level, tien and yamcha just aren't important characters within DBZ. Any character could've done any of those things. Whereas in Dragonball, because they have their own arc (well mostly Tien has), they actually become a character instead of just a helping hand that happens to be those guys, because why let new people do it if Dragonball established them already.

Though arguably Tien still has a few of his characteristics left in DBZ like his friendship with Chaotzu vs Nappa and his tri-beam stalling Cell. But Yamcha offers absolutely nothing unique in DBZ he's basically 'z-fighter number 4' (as in, henchman nr 1, henchman nr 2 etc). He could've been anyone, yamcha's not a developed character at all. He was the first "villain" in DB and that was cute and for some reason Toriyama kept him around, cause well... why not? Now that he's there... But even in Dragonball he essentially has no relevance whatsoever after he and Bulma break up.

He was basically just there as a counterpoint to Bulma and the first person for Goku to fight. I'd buy him too if he gets his Cell attire, just cause, but a priority he's definitely not. Not to me and not to the line either I'd say. Tien has way more relevance and even he has little when it comes to the main DBZ plot. They're remnants from DB.

Just ftr I have no problems with Tamashii making them myself, but I could see why others would at this stage. And I just don't see 'm doing it.:lol

I'm considering painting the belt and wrist wraps blue on my SDCC Goku. Is there a reason they're purple?

Purple is the proper colour of his waist and wrists from the android saga onwards, plus, do you really want to waste a figure thats that expensive??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It's been forever since I've seen episodes from the Cell Saga on. I did not recall them being purple. Why the heck are they purple?!

Thats just the way he was coloured in ssj :lol I think that they were going for the glow effect but kind of failed.

GokuSuperSaiyanVsAndroid19.png

Well, I'll be. That's going to bug the heck out of me now. I'm torn between painting it blue, and leaving it purple... If they weren't so stinkin' expensive, I'd buy a second one just to paint, and keep the other one as is.

You could always buy a second regular Goku and swap out the sash and arms; would look quite similar and saves wasting him, because lets face it, eventually we may all end up selling these down the line.

You could always buy a second regular Goku and swap out the sash and arms; would look quite similar and saves wasting him, because lets face it, eventually we may all end up selling these down the line.

I will never sell my DBZ SHF Collection. These figures are my favorite.

I agree with the fact that in DBZ tien and Yamcha were of no use an greatly overshadowed by the saiyans which kind if bothered me to be honest bc it took away from the growing of the characters as a whole and focused the entire story on the saiyans and their abilities which makes some what sense being the main character, goku, is a saiyan but i still think Yamcha and Tien are as much part of the z fighters as the others they provided various fun times and as mentioned they constantly worked to improve albeit they never achieved the level of the saiyans but they tried and helped in whatever way they could, in MY opinion I can't think of DBZ without Yamcha or Tien

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing i disliked about dbz is that the saiyans were to OP and the last relevant character that wasnt a saiyan was piccolo and he became useless an episode after he fused with kami( exagurating a bit lol) then it was ssj2&3 and fusions and ssj fusions etc lol, an anime/ manga i really like now is one piece, they manage to keep every character relevant and bring their own talents to the table and i kinda wish they would cotinue their sh figuarts line or bring it back lol

Definitely a valid suggestion.

The one thing i disliked about dbz is that the saiyans were to OP and the last relevant character that wasnt a saiyan was piccolo and he became useless an episode after he fused with kami( exagurating a bit lol) then it was ssj2&3 and fusions and ssj fusions etc lol, an anime/ manga i really like now is one piece, they manage to keep every character relevant and bring their own talents to the table and i kinda wish they would cotinue their sh figuarts line or bring it back lol

I just started One Piece last week on Hulu. I'm watching episode 44 as we speak.

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and the last relevant character that wasnt a saiyan was piccolo and he became useless an episode after he fused with kami( exagurating a bit lol)

Piccolo is my second fav char and even I agree that that's true.

I agree with the fact that in DBZ tien and Yamcha were of no use an greatly overshadowed by the saiyans which kind if bothered me to be honest bc it took away from the growing of the characters as a whole and focused the entire story on the saiyans and their abilities which makes some what sense being the main character, goku, is a saiyan but i still think Yamcha and Tien are as much part of the z fighters as the others they provided various fun times and as mentioned they constantly worked to improve albeit they never achieved the level of the saiyans but they tried and helped in whatever way they could, in MY opinion I can't think of DBZ without Yamcha or Tien

DBZ just is about saiyans initially. Everything from ep 1 up to and with the last frieza episodes is about Goku's race. So it's kinda logical that human characters take a step back when you elevate an entire catalogue of people up to the initial main character's level.

If you take away the Z and just view db and dbz as the same thing you can see that yamcha lost his relevance way before DB ended and tien lost it during the piccolo jr saga. Then DBZ starts with Piccolo and Goku essentially being on a different level than anyone else (as established by DB) and than throws in that Goku and Piccolo are both aliens and both are nearly defeated!

Kinda no chance left for humans there plot wise. Honestly it's pretty great that Toriyama sneaked Tien and Yamcha in at all past the encounter with Nappa. Krillin's the only one that can somewhat keep up and that's very true to Dragonball. As Bane said a while back, Krillin was initially the number 2 behind Goku.

Definitely a valid suggestion.

I just started One Piece last week on Hulu. I'm watching episode 44 as we speak.

Oh man are u in for a ride! Lol im officially all caught up with the anime, started it a few weeks ago but i always read the manga. They made a nami luffy and sanji sh figuarts for one piece but they never made zoro! Hes like the most fav character pretty much an they never made him, kinda annoyed with that

Oh man are u in for a ride! Lol im officially all caught up with the anime, started it a few weeks ago but i always read the manga. They made a nami luffy and sanji sh figuarts for one piece but they never made zoro! Hes like the most fav character pretty much an they never made him, kinda annoyed with that

I'm definitely enjoying it so far. It is crazy that they didn't finish the Going Merry crew in Figuarts form. Especially Zoro.

Goten and Trunks could have carried their father's genetics of looking the same until they get their growth spurts. Goku looked a lot different in the 23rd Tournament from when he fought King Piccolo. I'm not arguing if it's canon or anything, I just think it might be a reason.

Mooncake, you're an Icarus fan? Me too! He was in the anime's filler.

Yep Icarus is awesome!

Back