S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand what people would want obviously but, do we really feel raditz and nappa are within the 10 most likely characters to be released next year (read: post-17)?

I don't know man, I'd be fine with it but I can't see it happening... I genuinely expect i.e. tien and yamcha way before them...

Have any of you read Dragonball AF by Toyble?
View attachment 97899

I really enjoyed it. Actually, when I was learning how to animate, I used toybles Dragonball AF as a reference for practice. This is my Dragonball AF fan animation

Made it when I was 16. My computer at the time was **** and still is... I ended up loosing a lot of frames because of my computer crashing, so the end result wasn't as good as I'd anticipated. If and when I get a better PC I'll start animating again.

The drawing's pretty cool on that, man! I can understand as a fellow animator how difficult things get.
Also: can anyone provide a like to where I can purchase the Ascended Saiyan Trunks head? I know it kinda won't happen so I want one!

Yeah, just be warned that the popups that require logins etc dont translate so its hit and miss im afraid.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Does that site also have any Vegeta bodies left? No point buying it if I have nothing to put the head on

For some reason I can see Mr. Satan/Hercule being made into a Figuarts one day. Definitely before Nappa/Raditz/Tien, etc. Just imagine all the facial expressions they'll give him.

I understand what people would want obviously but, do we really feel raditz and nappa are within the 10 most likely characters to be released next year (read: post-17)?

I don't know man, I'd be fine with it but I can't see it happening... I genuinely expect i.e. tien and yamcha way before them...

My bad, man. I was kind of skimming the posts when I typed that and misunderstood. As far as likely characters go... Like most, I think there's a good chance of seeing Kid Buu either late this year, or early next year. In keeping with the Buu Saga and at least one Saiyan being released next year, I think there's a good chance of Mystic Gohan seeing the light of day. Outside of those 2, maybe Broly given the recent revelation and popularity of the character (if not next year, then the next). I'm not really sure outside of those three. This of course assumes Android 17 is released this year. For next year's SDCC repaint, a Krillin or SSJ3 Goku repaint?

1. Kid Buu
2. Mystic Gohan
3. Majin Vegeta
4. Broly
5. Krillin repaint or SSJ3 Goku repaint (SDCC Exclusive)

Beyond next year, I think there is a strong chance for any of those listed above that don't get released next year, as well as the following:

1. Goten
2. Trunks (kid)
3. Gotenks
4. Raditz
5. Nappa
6. Gogeta
7. Vegito
8. Tien
9. Yamcha
10. Broly (repaint)

So you're saying to think with are heads not are hearts! I really want earlier Gohan's, but anything smaller than Android saga Gohan isn't going to happen, but I don't know if he's one of the top most, being that most people only wanting Cell Games and Mystic Gohan. Then again, in every video game, even when it's very limited in characters, there's always at least two Gohan's including a kid version. Medicom also have him a release. I really want all Gohans before even new characters. This is what I'm thinking:
1. Majin Vegeta
2. Kid Boo
3. Mystic Gohan
4. Broli
5. Vegito
6. Post Time Chamber Trunks
7. Goten/Trunks
8. Gotenks
9. Bardock
10. Tien

I don't know about the rest. In terms of other villain forms we might see is first form Freeza, but I doubt it. Just because, he's so tied with Bardock and is the most popular villain in Japan. In the new J-Stars video game with the big stars of various anime franchises it has Goku, Vegeta, and Freeza to represent Dragon Ball. There were also PS4 ads using Freeza's first form to his final form to show the change in power from the PS3. Although in the recent PSP games, all forms of Boo are in it, whereas they only have one form of the other villains. I have to think more.

To join in, here is my list of figures that I believe are possible future releases. I don't think they'll make any battle damaged figures.

Mystic Gohan
Vegito
Trunks (Post chamber)
Bardock
1st form Frieza
Late Vegeta (with ss/majin head)
Kid Buu
Nappa
Broly (some form of)
ss4 Goku

Closest we'll get to "battle damaged" characters are in the Figuarts ZERO line (i.e. Super Saiyan Goku)

Its a repainted hybrid kid goku, nice scale to the figuarts.

For the trunks, Im not really excited about getting the head. I really prefer a much taller trunks for it too.

Elot
It is the hybrid goku. I cut the skirt part and sculpted sleeves and chest and re painted him.

I think next possible characters we'll get assuming 17 is after 18 will be:

1. Kid buu
2. Vegetto
3. Adult Gohan ( any form really)
4. Goten & Trunks ( tamashii had them as a 2pack on the poll)
5. Gotenks ( with hopefully 3 diff heads due to size of figure)
6. Majin Vegeta
7. Broly
8. Tien
9. Yamcha
10. HERCULE!! ( we all know hes the ppls champ!) :p

I think thats the most realistic list of figures we can hope to see in the future
The last 4 on the list are my most unlikely though

@Rrashidp, Gotenks would be a good choise, but I don't think he would come with the 3 hair forms. It's possible, of course, but each head scupt requires it's own type of face as all 3 forms have different eyebrows. So it'd be a lot to pack, but seeing as though goku only has two faces, it would'nt be a big deal if Gotenks had two faces for each form.

I tried to buy the Trunks head, damn my traslator didn't work... Guess I'll pass I did not understand a thing haha

The amount of sculpts to accommodate all 3 forms of Gotenks would be quite a bit, but I think it would be doable. Trunks came with quite a few accessories, and I think they could do a couple of faces for each form, and then pack the larger portions of the 2 other forms' hair behind the figure's plastic packaging (e.g. Cell, Frieza and Piccolo). Of course, it would still boil down to the cost effectiveness for Bandai, but they could increase the Retail to help cover the extra cost involved in the production of the figure.

Trunks has definitely had the best assortment of accessories though, IMO. Gohan would be 2nd.

@Rrashidp, Gotenks would be a good choise, but I don't think he would come with the 3 hair forms. It's possible, of course, but each head scupt requires it's own type of face as all 3 forms have different eyebrows. So it'd be a lot to pack, but seeing as though goku only has two faces, it would'nt be a big deal if Gotenks had two faces for each form.

Reason i say for gotenks to have all 3 head sculpts is the figure itself would be pretty small and tbh i didnt really think too much about the faces but ya they would need diff scultps for each face, but even then what other accessories can he come with
Besides the kamikazee ghost attack and a few hands. Just give him a normal face a screaming face and a geinning fave for each head and its good lol

They're great! I would highly reccomend starting ASAP, because they raise up in price tremendously, if you're interested!

Reason i say for gotenks to have all 3 head sculpts is the figure itself would be pretty small and tbh i didnt really think too much about the faces but ya they would need diff scultps for each face, but even then what other accessories can he come with
Besides the kamikazee ghost attack and a few hands. Just give him a normal face a screaming face and a geinning fave for each head and its good lol

See, this is a good example of a figure that could benefit from an option parts set. He could come with all three heads and a couple faces and hands and that be it, then have an option parts set with a couple ghosts, more hand and faces, and maybe a smaller version of the aura effect part for SSJ3 Goku. So the figure would be a little over retail and the set would be like $24-ish (I guess, I'd like some other peoples input on how much it should be), that way the figure isn't jacked up a lot on it's price with having every thing in one package

Back