S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, if that Buu had been a henchman for Dabura, a sort of sick soul consuming demon made by the King of Demons, he would've been so much cooler...

If the Buu saga had heaven vs hell as a theme DBZ-ified, man I would've loved that. Would've made sense fighting in the Kai world. Dabura waging war on the Kais. We could've had a sick flashback battle between Dabura and Supreme Kai. And Gohan could've truly destroyed Buu with his divine training. Then the final battle would've been between Goku Vegeta and Dabura where Vegeta stands up for what's right by literally fighting the Master of Hell.

Whatever, ugh, Buu saga remains such a downer to me plot-wise. It could've been so awesome.

^ Credibility of this list:
tumblr_mlpf0gqdZ81qdn0d3o3_500.gif

:lol yeah I have to agree with silrian here; quite a few names on that list are more than iffy. Seems less like a top 25 overall and more like a top 25 of that sites favourites tbh. Our top 25 would be quite a bit different to proboards for example.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hey it's not mine! Did you click the link? It's just a voting site for all different things pop culture- movies, novels, music, celebrities,etc. I just thought it might help. Hundreds of people vote, and if you read the reasonings, they seem like a YouTube comment section. Dragon Ball was even spelled wrong.

Isn't there a reason why Tamashii wants big villains and Saiyans, and not more minor characters we want? It's a popularity contest. That's why Gogeta and Broli are so high up.

Dont worry bane, that wasnt directed at you! I was simply observing what their voters considered top characters lol

Monster was an amazing anime, i dont think they finished the english dubbs tho did they? I read the entire manga tho love the ending.

Yeah they finished it on the SyFy channel, but unfortunately never finished releasing it on DVD. I thought the cast was really good, so it's a shame. I haven't read the manga, but I'm sure it's great!

3D printing poses a threat to the figure industry. There are websites where those with a 3d printer can download 3d models of things to 3d print. If someone gets around to designing dbz figures and posting the 3d models onto some type of 3d model hosting sites, then everyone with a 3d printer would literally be able to download the action figures in their homes.

Yes but you have to be skilled at painting them too atamsk; no point in having a grey figure lol, plus, to put said figure together would need knowledge of doing so, as well as having the metal pins and joints to put it together.

A 3d printer would at best be a hand, face and hair maker than a full figure maker to me.

Painting the figure would with no doubt be the hardest part. You'll need an airbrush and some fine brushes as well. DBZ characters have pretty plain colors and details, so they shouldn't be too difficult to paint, if you have a little skill. As for assembly, if you've ever put together a gundam you should be able to assemble a figure, which should include instructions. But yea, I don't see this happening any time soon. I do, however, see more extremely well done head sculpts coming out by who ever made that Trunks head!

I think people are only going to be printing those things which the company itself doesn't make, and even then, I doubt entire figures will be produced on any kind of a large scale. Most people don't want to paint an entire figure. I can see head sculpts and accessories being beneficial to the line (i.e. People possibly buying SSJ Vegeta just to put the Ultra Super Saiyan Trunks head sculpt on the body). I've been customizing Joes for about 4 years now, and I can tell you that while I've bought a ton of custom casts from several casting sites, I've also bought a ton of Joes for customizing bases to use the custom cast pieces with that I would have otherwise never bought. For instance, I think it would be great if someone were to make Goku's staff, the "holster" for it, for lack of better words, a bag with senzu beans, and the flying nimbus. They would be great accessories for the figure and wouldn't hurt the sells of the actual figure at all. If anything, they would probably help.

I think it's important to remember that the bootlegs sold out of China and other Asian countries are not 3D prints. A lot of them, like the bootleg SSJ Vegeta, are made using the exact same molds as the official, but with cheaper materials.

It's all supposed to be sharp and pointy, instead of the blown up, still wavy. At least that's how I see it. I don't know sir, but I think you've gone mad with power! I'm just kidding. I want to see any custom you make!

So I've been watching some DBZ movies for the first time. and I have one question. When does these movies take place? Super android 13? Cooler and return of Cooler? Or are they suppose to be stand alone and not take place any time within the DBZ saga timeline.

There are obvious places where the movies are "supposed" to take place, but due to inconsistancies in literally every movie you cant really place them anywhere without breaking canon.

That said, I will name a few movies, where they are supposed to be and why they cant be:

Cooler: between Frieza and Android sagas, but cant because Gohan has a tail and Goku cant control ssj, despite showing Trunks he can.

Super android 13: when Goku is supposed to be sick, hence why it cant exist.

Broly: just before Cell games, cant exist because Cell is ignored and Goku/Gohan arent fpssj (constant ssj hair)

Fusion reborn: between Gohan getting mystic form and kid Buu, cant exist because Buu is nowhere to be found and Vegeta is still dead.

Wrath of the dragon: after kid buu is defeated, no sign of fat buu at all.

Oh in that case Reaper teehee! I really want a SSJ2 Goku.

Wasn't Fat Boo in hiding though? I thought Wrath of the Dragon and Bojack Unbound were the only ones that kind of work. The Garlic Jr made no sense referencing Dead Zone, when it made no sense that the characters would already meet Gohan and saw his hidden power and then be surprised Goku had a kid at the Kami house and were surprised by his power against Raditz.

Back