S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh man that Trunks would really warrant his own release. I don't think there's much of a difference between Trunks at that point and Vegeta with their bodies, they're the same height really. Unless they give us the super buff but slow Trunks.

Also found this while googling stuff randomly

Vegeta+n+bulla.+OC+VEg_11df6a_4602388.jpg

:lol

I take back what I said earlier....calling the Trunks a bootleg is simply not right. It's honestly a masterpiece, I've seen the back shots of the hair, and it's perfect. I'm assuming that who ever made it has at some point had direct experience in working with bandai as a figure modeler.
trunks2.jpg
trunks back.jpg
For those of you who don't know, also pertaining to something I wanted to mention previously, the Figuarts figures are first modeled in a 3d program before production. I actually know a few 3d modelers who take commission on 3d printed figures. But this Trunks is just awesome, I'll try to get in touch with the designer.

I'm definitely interested in what you find out from the designer.

I take back what I said earlier....calling the Trunks a bootleg is simply not right. It's honestly a masterpiece, I've seen the back shots of the hair, and it's perfect. I'm assuming that who ever made it has at some point had direct experience in working with bandai as a figure modeler.
View attachment 97825
View attachment 97826
For those of you who don't know, also pertaining to something I wanted to mention previously, the Figuarts figures are first modeled in a 3d program before production. I actually know a few 3d modelers who take commission on 3d printed figures. But this Trunks is just awesome, I'll try to get in touch with the designer.

If they make Yamcha, they totally have to include alternate hairstyles! The saiyan saga mega-mullet and the android saga spikes. Then you can make the symbols on his gi the roshi-on-front-kaio-on-back, because the saiyan saga hair covers up the back symbol anyway!
Back on topic, that Trunks looks very interesting. I probably wont be buying any boo- *ahem* unofficial products, but that would almost be worth it just for the hair. I wonder what faces he comes with though.

I'm definitely interested in what you find out from the designer.

A chance to own a Super Trunks-hairstyle? That Tamashii themselves could very well never make!? It's amazing just on the sculpt side, They didn't even skimp on the back and it'll look great in collections! Just imagine Trunks taking off the ponytail(never understood the use for that model in BT 1-3) and its great. Now if someone took it to the next level and sculpted on more muscle? Even at a loss of poseability, my money would fly from my wallet.

extremely tempting...but I would only be willing to buy it if they also made some long grey hair to go with it.

I didn't even think of that. I just saw the hair and immediately thought 'new figure'.
If they're 25 a piece, I won't hesitate. long grey hair would make it as close to official as it can get.

From what i understand from the taobao site, he was only selling the head and cross hand for price of $5. You still have to own the vegeta body. who knows he might package one over time.

Elot

I just went to the taobao site, and the translation made some sense while other parts didn't (i.e. the search bar was "Looking for baby?") and it can't translate pop ups or certain buttons, so I probably won't be using that site for a while. Also I did search Figuarts Trunks and it had them listed for $8-$9 usd, I think, so that added to my confusion as I thought it was like eBay or amazon. I eventually('bout 3 minutes) left the site from confusion, just thought I'd share

Yeah, this is why I didn't want to share the link to the site, I don't want encourage anyone to buy from that site. I'm sure it's probably ok, but still, China has a rampid identity theft scam going on, among other scams. These crimes are rarely taken to trial.

Elot is the site trusty? Or would it be better to see if they pop up on ebay?

Taobao is a reputable site, it was the largest retail online trade market in china, a lot of people from hong kong purchase stuff from the site.

But be aware it is individual sale so it is not guaranteed, but im sure it is not scam.

Elot

why the **** is goku 3807 while the rest follows up nicely after eachother?

Different idea: if you could put together option parts packages priced at about 20 to 35 dollars retail (or should it be less?), what would you put in? (I kinda referenced Mario's packages and price points)

I'd go along the lines of a facial expressions option parts package 19,99$:
Faces x 9: forward scream and smirk ssj vegeta (repaint of saiyan saga's). Frieza 'dafaq' expression. Piccolo turban head smirk and turban less yelling. ssj Goku smirk. ssj3 goku yelling face. normal goku smirk and forward yell/clench.

And a an effects parts package including minimal required stands for 29,99$ (hard to say). (proper kameha beam, special beam canon, final flash, little blasts spread out, all that jazz).

Just a stab at it. Wut ya'll think? I'd buy the F outta this.

i believe that the effect parts package will be more in the range of the saint seiya effect parts :dunno

check out my new set up :peace

(one day i'll take care of normal vegeta and piccolo's arm)
dbzsetup_zpsf20ff007.png

Absolutely freakin awesome Blood, I remain of the opinion that you have the best display I've seen so far on this board.:clap Although I'd personally fancy different poses but that's purely taste. (Also +1 to the beard thing.:lol)

Deffo not buyin that trunks. 1 I want his hair in pony tail personally. 2 I def want his normal purple hair too. and 3 it's probably the same height as vegeta, and trunks should be taller. And finally 4 it's not an officiaql release and I just like the prestige/quality/worth/*synonym* of this line too much to stray out of official stuff.

I also honestly don't think it looks that good. Def does not look as good as an official product would be.

Oh and KPman, yes what Big D said, I only emant the faces for past releases (well and Goku upcoming but he can't be changed anymore so I count him as produced).

Back