S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't have any hand in that at all. As I said, it's your own choice to buy one or not.

But don't be surprised if a lot of people share my view on the matter.;) including possibly ebay themselves.

The very site you're posting on here has a zero tolerance policy concerning knockoffs in the sales section... Or so the rules state.

I have a question for you all:

Does anyone know accurate size comparisons between these S.H. Figuarts DBZ figures and the SCulture DBZ statues? I know at least a couple of them might be in scale with one another, but I'd like to know which characters precisely (such as SCulture Nappa with Figuarts Vegeta), I'm sure several of you have some knowledge of these. Thanks!

Not sure about Nappa/Vegeta but I have the Banpresto Scultures Android 16 and he's a pretty great fit with the figures imho - Figuarts Krillin is about half his height, so is about right to the anime if I remember correctly, however I'm not super fussy when it comes to scale.... I also have second form Frieza coming from Japan at the moment, I'm not sure but I think he's around the same height as 16, maybe a tad smaller (excluding the horns). I got 16 and second form Frieza as I figured there was not much chance of getting a figuarts version of them.... I must say I really like how they look with the figures. It's a great testament to the figures that the statue's don't look out of place amongst them!

I also have Banpresto 3rd form Frieza, although I'm not sure how in scale he is with the Figuarts. It's been a while since I've seen the Frieza saga and from what I remember he isn't in that form for very long. 3rd form stands a fraction shorter than Figuarts Cell but it is a stooped pose and makes the final form Figuarts Frieza look pretty small....

Guys yes goku eats chinese good and when in school gohan learning English but that's because it was made there not in the United States the fact is that they drew the characters like goku Bulma gohan vegeta , launch ,nappa etc eyc tien looks Japanese but the rest don't do it would be hard to see goku look straight up like Jackie chan it Bruce lee . Gokus face is not Japanese . Even though the show is Japanese and made with some cultural Japanese thing like the schools and food etc . I would love to see it done right in theaters live action .

Just did a quick 1 minute search these actors look like the characters

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 118
You're right Solarium! Everybody in Dragonball is totally Japanese, especially King Choppa, Nam, Hercule, Olibu, Bora and Upa, Uub, Korin, Kami and Popo... Commander Red, General Blue and my all time favourite General Black, who at first glance would seem to have an incredibly racist code name, but no, it's okay seeing as he like everybody else in DB is in fact Japanese! Sorry but no, not all DBZ characters are Japanese. Just the facts son.

Nobody is right in saying Goku is either Japanese or Caucasian, because he is neither. He's just Saiyan!

actually toriyama decided to make goku a saiyan later on (in dbz, picollo got the same treatment) but in the early years of DB he was just a human boy with a tail which was inspired by a chinese myth, Sun Wukong

i dont think im contributing anything here, but hey :)

@silrian: congrats on getting krillin, looks nice!

You are contributing an important fact Blood, as I and many others tend to forget that. People here can claim and rant all they want and I recently said I too see them as western appearances, fact remains (most) japanese people see them as people with their appearance when it concerns goku, gohan and vegeta, and it makes it impossible to make a live action film that will satisfy both western and eastern audiences.

And thanks Blood.:)

I have a question for you all:

Does anyone know accurate size comparisons between these S.H. Figuarts DBZ figures and the SCulture DBZ statues? I know at least a couple of them might be in scale with one another, but I'd like to know which characters precisely (such as SCulture Nappa with Figuarts Vegeta), I'm sure several of you have some knowledge of these. Thanks!

I have all of those figures, as well as the Kuji Saiyan space pod, on their way to me as we speak. I should expect to have them in hand by sometime in the next two weeks. I will actually be posting pictures all Frieza's various forms, as well as the Jakks King Cold and Cyborg Frieza, for a pictorial size comparison. The HQDX First form Frieza is not to scale, but I do however own the HSCF First form Frieza, which in my opinion it perfectly scaled with the figuarts and your best option. I also have a HSCF Saiyan saga Gohan, which is awesome by the way! It too is perfectly scaled to figuarts and looks supremely amazing when displayed with a SDCC Piccolo. Scultures 16 looks really well scaled with figuarts also, and should make for an incredible Android posse display, once we have 17 and 18. I am glad I bought him, it was a good gamble and it paid off! Scultures Nappa, unfortunately doesn't exist. I am yet to find a perfectly scaled Nappa and am still desperately clinging to the hope of a Figuarts Nappa being released, finally!

Blood, be that as it may, your point is still nugatory! Goku is a Saiyan, as portrayed in the series DBZ, whether it was an after thought or not. He's not Caucasian or Japanese, he's a damned dirty ape!

Cartoonx22, no! Baaaad!

For goodness sake! We arent saying he IS, we are saying that is how he and almost everything in dragonball z is portrayed! Anyone who loves this show and has even slight knowledge knows Goku is a saiyan!

I have all of those figures, as well as the Kuji Saiyan space pod, on their way to me as we speak. I should expect to have them in hand by sometime in the next two weeks. I will actually be posting pictures all Frieza's various forms, as well as the Jakks King Cold and Cyborg Frieza, for a pictorial size comparison. The HQDX First form Frieza is not to scale, but I do however own the HSCF First form Frieza, which in my opinion it perfectly scaled with the figuarts and your best option. I also have a HSCF Saiyan saga Gohan, which is awesome by the way! It too is perfectly scaled to figuarts and looks supremely amazing when displayed with a SDCC Piccolo. Scultures 16 looks really well scaled with figuarts also, and should make for an incredible Android posse display, once we have 17 and 18. I am glad I bought him, it was a good gamble and it paid off! Scultures Nappa, unfortunately doesn't exist. I am yet to find a perfectly scaled Nappa and am still desperately clinging to the hope of a Figuarts Nappa being released, finally!

Blood, be that as it may, your point is still nugatory! Goku is a Saiyan, as portrayed in the series DBZ, whether it was an after thought or not. He's not Caucasian or Japanese, he's a damned dirty ape!

Cartoonx22, no! Baaaad!

all im saying is that they are "humans". saiyans are just human look a likes with a tail and transformation abilties. they're not eastern or western specific, they're just human (look a likes).

@ super addict I'm sorry, what were you replying to? I think you were replying to blood. I actually was going to bring what he said this morning, however, I didn't write it because of what you just said. And I never said he is Japanese. I didn't even say he should be casted as Japanese. I was just talking about the Japanese influences and culture.

I never thought of him as any ethnicity. Until Gohan was taking his English class, I didn't even think about them being in Japan,because I was too busy paying attention to the story. Then I started thinking of things like Deano pointed out and read interviews how Frieza was inspired by Japanese emperors- which Kai did right thank you very much!

Most anime characters tend to NOT look Japanese. Usually when an artist draws a character of Asian descent is is pretty darn obvious as it seems he goes out his way to give them Asian features. Had to bring up Naruto in a dragon ball thread but Naruto speaks Japanese, eats ramen of course these are Japanese things because we are watching a show made by Japanese people. If it were made in America he'd speak English and eat hot dogs and French fries. But looking at Naruto features blondish hair, blue eyes he (along with many other anime characters) are clearly not of Asian descent.

heeey, ramen is pretty popular in western world too especially if you're poor :lol

Man.... I can't imagine getting these figures and not posing/having fun with them. I'd just keep the box and accessories somewhere safe and enjoy the figure - if you think they look nice in the box wait 'til you get them out and start putting them in some iconic poses!

I dunno, do what you feel is best for you, I just don't really get MIB collecting personally.... That's not fun for me, especially with these sorts of figures, but to each his own. Which figure did you get?

Worthless? Really man? Come on. These are already collectors items, they will always be rising in worth. Toys and figures never become worthless.

Also, these figures dont differ in worth much whether they are boxed or not, since they can be reboxed after you are done posing them. MIB isnt as worth it as it used to be as long as the figure is kept pristine.

Back