S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"It sure is getting Zarbon in here..."

We need the twins because they'd be a-holes to show us imo near-shelf ready protos and then not release them. Also because if they don't it truly means protos aren't any indication at all anymore and that ruins anticipating stuff.

Apart from them (and due Goku) I don't really need any other anymore. So my bonus era might be close at hand.

Edit: also, eeeer ma gawd!
Effect-Impact-Stage-Display-7.jpg

https://news.toyark.com/2013/11/25/tamashii-reveals-effect-impact-display-piece-figures-109033

Last edited:
A bit nasty of Tamashii not selling that effect part with what id say are needed parts, the stand.

If you dont buy a stand pack, you can only pose it on the ground together.

Honestly any and every figure we get is a bonus figure in my books theyre all awesome and i will buy any they release

A bit nasty of Tamashii not selling that effect part with what id say are needed parts, the stand.

Well I think they know that the vast majority of figuarts collectors have purchased a healthy supply of the stands already. Next one I buy will be my 4th pack lol

well im happy since i dont really like to use the "clear" stands.

Well I think they know that the vast majority of figuarts collectors have purchased a healthy supply of the stands already. Next one I buy will be my 4th pack lol

exactly, i've bought a whole bunch of black ones already

So, does anyone know much there made any differences between the gray and beige versions of those effect parts besides their color? based on the promo pics it looks like they might seaparte into differently shaped parts...

Branjita is a long term member on proboards, and as much as I respect his customs, is the main player for "minor characters" instead of those more needed.

Sorry, but there was so much wrong with their poll; the lack of supposed wanted characters like Trunks and vegeta, the inflated want for characters like Yamcha, and the picking by list all make it a very unfair poll imo.

I don't know how there is an inflated want for characters like Yamcha, as there aren't any duplicate IP addresses on DBF, so there aren't any fake votes. You could argue I had a bias for Yamcha and other characters, but that is true of any poll where someone develops a multiple choice list. Tamashii's poll at SDCC had just as much bias as mine does. However, on mine, you're able to change your votes after casting them, so it's not like the first few choices have an advantage over others. If you see the results and say "Whoa, I didn't think so many other people would vote for Yamcha... I don't like Yamcha THAT much, so I'll change my vote to somebody else."... well... you're able to.

I didn't include any duplicate characters in my poll, so characters that have already been made are not included in any other variation: Piccolo, SS Goku, SS Vegeta, Vegeta, SS Gohan, adult Trunks/adult SS Trunks, Perfect Cell, Frieza form 4, or Krillin. I didn't include Nappa either, because I thought we were going to actually get him, but it seems like we aren't. Saiyan Saga Goku is included, but that's only because the poll was made before we had seen that they weren't going to change his sculpt at all from the sculpt for the prototype years ago, and also because Goku is the main character from the show. I wanted to give people the opportunity to show whether or not there was a demand for a Goku in a belt vs. a sash.

Actually Id recommended Bran a 2 pick poll way before ours here so it truly foccussed what people actually want most (and I still think Im right that it would make a character like bardock plummet massively) and would give him a shot to add the characters missing from the other. He seemingly didn't take to the idea.

I still don't see the point in making a poll on DBF where we pick only 2 characters. We already have a poll where you pick 5 characters and one where you pick 15.

If you want to make your own poll in whatever way you think is perfect, go ahead, and I would be happy to vote in it and link to it on DBF for others to vote. There are websites that allow you to create free surveys and record votes.

The difference Bran is math. In a simple hypothetical example, what if 10 people each vote a different character as their most wanted, most vote another character as their second, and almost everyone would kid buu as their third choice, then in an unranked top 3 poll kid buu would win hands down, but it woul not be an accurately representing result, as everyone had 2 choicees they'd rather have than kid buu. This inaccuracy is increased enormously with even more then 3, say 5 or 15 votes. It's why bardock is so high on your polls, yet barely shows up here. Many people might want m, but hardly anyone has him as their top want. It's the latter that's interestingthe most in terms of accute relevant research. What do people actually want most, now? You can only know that with a 1 vote poll, except I felt 2 was doable as it allows duos, and most people tend to have at least 2 characters they want kinda equally, so Pwn took over my suggestion.

But from 3 onwards the mathematical result of people having a high shared number of lower desired characters screws up the statistical accuracy in twrms of representing people's accute most desired choice.

Another way to offset this is by ranked voting (nr 1 choice gets 5 points, nr 2 4 or something likethat), by fae the most accurate plural polling. So my issue is not necessarily having 5 votes per se, but not taking the hierarchy among those 5 votes per person into account. Someone's 5th choice is way less important, on avarage, then his first or second.

Seeing as we had to hand tally our poll, a 2-vote poll outweighed a ranked poll in terms of practicality.

Also, I remain of the opinion that ommiting any popular character or version of a character is a mistake, so yes that's a criticism on tamashii's own survey as well. Business is about demand, and people don't use selfless logic in their demand, they use favoratism, and favoratism differs between version of characters, ergo so must an accurate survey, imo.

Last edited:
I appreciate the reply Branjita, and as i said, i respect your work, but I agree totally with Silrian here; giving people too much room to pick is just as bad as not enough imo, as it encourages people to vote on characters that would otherwise not even get a mention. The same can be said for setting a strict list of characters, which is a problem with Tamashiis pole too. I am willing to bet (and it has been proved by our poll) that when you give people a choice of any and all characters, the amount voting for the likes of Yamcha, Bardock etc will fall significantly.

You have to admit that, even though both forums are full of collectors and enthusiasts, both polls are dramatically different, and to me that doesnt make sense, as we all want the same thing! The only difference is how each poll is done, and that, to me, is all the evidence i need.

I also have to disagree with some of the people on DBF saying they voted for such and such because they already had a certain character from another line, which makes no sense to me; a statue doesnt equate to these figures, no matter how detailed.

Like i said, I am in no way trying to upset or anger you, its just that i dont see that way of dealing with things as fair.

Last edited:

Aww I was hoping that would have stands. I really hate how some figures like Iron Man have stuff that would really benefit from stands but don't include it.

The way I did the poll was what was best for me because the forum calculates the votes for me. I don't have the patience to spend the time dealing with write-in votes or manual calculation.

There will never be overall agreement on what characters should be made. All of the popular characters people are asking for should be made as far as I'm concerned. Just because I might not buy Bardock, doesn't mean hundreds of other people wouldn't. Would I buy a Majin Vegeta? Nah, but I wouldn't buy any Buu Saga characters at all, because I didn't like that saga much. I do understand why many people would want him though.

I just looked at https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135105&page=6 which I haven't looked at since... well, probably since the day I posted there, and I'm actually surprised to see so many people voting for Tien and Yamcha. But on the other hand, I'm not surprised at all. Some people just want the Saiyans and villains while other people want the entire main cast.

Some people want this:
Dbz_group.jpg
dragon_ball_z_update_story1.jpg

Other people just want this:
180px-DBZ_group_pic.png
hqdefault.jpg

Tamashii should make both groups of people happy.

Just two comments:
I think it's not so much about fairness as it is about accurately representing market demand toward Tamashii, which imo isn't possible with a 3+ voted poll without ranked entries.

Second, our poll is actually not that drastically different. Yamcha might be way lower but Tien is like in a shared fifth place. Kid buu, U/M Gohan and Broli are also all among the most popular among both polls. Bran didnt have the androids and who can blame him, as we all thought they were confirmed. The only crucial ommision is majin vegeta, and the imo inaccurate inflation of some characters due to the voting system not being ranked (Bardock being the best example ofthis).

There's easy way to settle this and that's if Bran makes a 1 or 2 vote poll as well. Then we'll truly know what result differences are due to community opinion or to mathematical/line up issues. I seriously think the poll results wouldn't differ much from ours, almost entirely convinced by it... Up to you Bran...

I love how our poll was set up and I think it would be an awesome event for us each year! The top choices will keep changing with each release so it would have to be redone each year. It's fun to read everyone's reasonings and brings the community together.

It really does bring the community together, doesnt it? I think a yearly or even 6 monthly poll should be set up, that way we get peoples up to date wants, as alot can happen in 6 months (just look at me, when krillin was announced I didnt want him, but now I have him hes a fine addition)

Pfft group two person. I'm just kidding. I don't know where that division comes from. I don't think one person on this board falls in either category. We all just love DBZ and want this line to be successful! I just finished the Boo Saga in Japanese and it's still my favorite saga. I think I'm now a Kid Boo fan, which was going to be one of those "I'll buy it to support the line if I can afford it" figures. So you're not alone in things changing. I still have that point system list I was making and a lot of people changed their top 2 choices, after getting an idea of the line's direction. Next year's releases will continue to help as well.

Oh and I'm glad, despite the issues, you like the Krillin! Hopefully it's not too much of a problem for you.

Yeah, glad I got him now, although the blue paint rubbing off on the edge of his shoulder pads is a bit of a worry, but by the sounds of it mine is an isolated issue, so I can deal with it :lol

Back