S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the issue though; while you and possibly others would pay that, the majority of folks that this line is aimed at wont. That, the fact that japan hates villians and his already inflated price will make Nappa a very difficult sell, even worse if the price goes up even more due to an extra torso.

I probably wo t get Nappa just because I already pay that $80 plus (£50) to import my figures, and it will just cost too much for Nappa.

Import inflation?:p It's questionable if Nappa would sell enough if he'd be frieza/cell's price, let alone higher.:lol

I like the idea of a normal version and an armourless sdcc variant, I doubt that'll happen, but the other scenarios are even less viable imo.

I wish they'd give us a hint already at anything post-Goku. As long as they don't I'm expecting 18 as the next release.

The way i see it, they always release about 3new figures a year and a sdcc, and maybe a re release has just started happening. So my assumption what will happen in regards to releases will be goku (obvs) then A18 for summer time(around same time as when frieza was released) and then A17( around this time of yr) and then we got our sdcc and re release of a fig ( lets say vegeta) an then at that point we will be out of shown protos (minus nappa and shenron cuz theyre too big and "iffy" to make now) and by sdcc we will have a bunch of new protos again! *fingers crossed*

Import inflation?:p It's questionable if Nappa would sell enough if he'd be frieza/cell's price, let alone higher.:lol

I like the idea of a normal version and an armourless sdcc variant, I doubt that'll happen, but the other scenarios are even less viable imo.

I wish they'd give us a hint already at anything post-Goku. As long as they don't I'm expecting 18 as the next release.

Nappa is bigger, its a given he would be more expensive. Tamashii bases their prices off of size, not popularity.

As for whats next, we wont hear anything until Goku comes out or just before, in january/february, thats their usual schedule for dragonball.

Happy Thanksgiving guys. I know it doesn't mean anything to you guys outside America, but this board is one of the things I'm most thankful for. I look forward to seeing all of your thoughts and interacting with you guys is a highlight of my day!

^ Back at ya.^^ Even though it comes from someone who didn't realise it was thanksgiving until you mentioned it.:lol

I still don't see why Nappa has to be significantly more expensive. Let's go bare minimum here:
the guy itself (armoured version),
three heads (scouter smirk, the screaming one we know, and a non scouter more grunting smirk) and
two pairs of hands + one two-finger hand (Fists/Open palm blasting hands).

How should that be more expensive than the biggest character to date (Cell) + 2 faces, a ton of hands, a massive effect part with a base and an extra folded arms part. And he's running below 60$ at some places, if I'm not mistaken. Nappa would practically fit in Cell's box.

I don't see why Nappa for 60-70$ isn't well possible, I really don't, not compared to what we get with other figures and the total package price for them.

I completely agree there is no reason for him to be more money I would say to add in a pair of the claw like hands (kamehameha hands) if possible but really not really needed. The figure just with that amount of accessories shouldn't be more than $70 to be honest and adding a torso if they wanted to should cost much more I mean ya it's a new sculpt but still it should only be $20 more at most. And that's a high most IMO.

Happy Thanksgiving guys. I know it doesn't mean anything to you guys outside America, but this board is one of the things I'm most thankful for. I look forward to seeing all of your thoughts and interacting with you guys is a highlight of my day!

Hahaha, Turkey day just ended out here; but I sure enjoyed it. I love this board too; one of the strongest single-subject threads out here. Most would've had a V2 or V3 but this one is the original and still strong!

^ Back at ya.^^ Even though it comes from someone who didn't realise it was thanksgiving until you mentioned it.:lol

I still don't see why Nappa has to be significantly more expensive. Let's go bare minimum here:
the guy itself (armoured version),
three heads (scouter smirk, the screaming one we know, and a non scouter more grunting smirk) and
two pairs of hands + one two-finger hand (Fists/Open palm blasting hands).

How should that be more expensive than the biggest character to date (Cell) + 2 faces, a ton of hands, a massive effect part with a base and an extra folded arms part. And he's running below 60$ at some places, if I'm not mistaken. Nappa would practically fit in Cell's box.

I don't see why Nappa for 60-70$ isn't well possible, I really don't, not compared to what we get with other figures and the total package price for them.

I completely agree there is no reason for him to be more money I would say to add in a pair of the claw like hands (kamehameha hands) if possible but really not really needed. The figure just with that amount of accessories shouldn't be more than $70 to be honest and adding a torso if they wanted to should cost much more I mean ya it's a new sculpt but still it should only be $20 more at most. And that's a high most IMO.

Thats what ive been saying with that black kamen rider + dragon figure :lol

Youre missing the point; Cell is taller, not bigger, and he is cheap because he isnt selling well. Nappa dwarfs all other figuarts so far (he is double Vegetas height and nearly two of him wide!), id say hes about 8-9 inches high compared to the next highest, cell, who is around 6 1/2 inches. His box would be huge, especially considering the size of his hands and that he needs full heads for new faces.

Nappa is about the size of a hulk or juggernaught figure, I dont believe he would be cheap; tamashii will want as much money from him as possible, because he wont sell well outside america (and thats just because of tfs nappa).

I dont think you guys realise just how big Nappa is :lol

Oh and the kamen rider was a regular release, dragonball is a web exclusive that bluefin brings over for retail, and they are still more expensive.

Sorry if I come across as arguing but im a pessimist! I have to see the negatives before any positives.

Last edited:
Youre missing the point; Cell is taller, not bigger, and he is cheap because he isnt selling well. Nappa dwarfs all other figuarts so far (he is double Vegetas height and nearly two of him wide!), id say hes about 8-9 inches high compared to the next highest, cell, who is around 6 1/2 inches. His box would be huge, especially considering the size of his hands and that he needs full heads for new faces.

Nappa is about the size of a hulk or juggernaught figure, I dont believe he would be cheap; tamashii will want as much money from him as possible, because he wont sell well outside america (and thats just because of tfs nappa).

I dont think you guys realise just how big Nappa is :lol

Oh and the kamen rider was a regular release, dragonball is a web exclusive that bluefin brings over for retail, and they are still more expensive.

Sorry if I come across as arguing but im a pessimist! I have to see the negatives before any positives.

what are you, canadian? :lol

Kamen rider Ryuga was a web ex. and he's an antagonist (main one at that) and his box was pretty big too (length wise)

RYUGA_01_zps833adec0.jpg

Plus that dragon has a lot more articulation, detail, and plastic than Nappa would have. Ya sure Nappa would be big, however if you make him well enough with just some faces and hands that shouldn't be too much. I'm also pretty sure it's not just the US that buys villains.

Scottish, and trust me, we are never happy :lol

Hmm, I thought you meant ryuki (the red version) but he is essentially the same mould, so I..... oh I dont know anymore :lol I stand by my thoughts though.

Big Deano, I see what you're saying about Nappa's price and box, but look at their S.H. MonsterArts line big people like King Ghidorah-$125, Destroyah-$150, and Biollante-$215 and they all have large enough boxes to hold Nappa and an extra Nappa body, and Nappa would most likely be cheaper than $125

I consider these to be collectibles made for collectors so $125 isn't a bad price IMO, I'm also someone who buys 1/6th scale collectibles as well so I may be in a completely different mind set than most in this forum.

No officially Normal Goku is the only figure left to come out. Officially meaning; confirmed for production.

Back