S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not necessary for me personally, but thanks! I wondered though, where's Frieza? Do you plan on buying him?

Cause I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't, but it's still nagging in my mind.:lol I still think he's too short. I mean, shorter then Cell saga Gohan? Really!?:dunno

Yea me too I wasn't too excited for frieza either ... I don't know why . Maybe to short maybe too plain? But that's how it is in the anime . I suppose I will get it b4 price goes up but 55+ :/

For some bizarre reason, once frieza bulks up to 100% he is suddenly the same size as Goku?!? I never realised just how inconcistant the anime actually was lol, still love it to bits, but its just weird to realise that our beloved show wasnt accurate all the time!

Yeah guess so. I've just always experienced his final form as along the lines of this:
Goku_vs_Frieza.jpg

And look at how disproportionate this is:rotfl:
Frieza_vs_gohan2.png

It always looked to me as if his Final Form was taller than his First Form and regardless of Manga accuracy, that's kinda how I liked him. I never experienced him as a midget, but just small. But the Figuarts scale feels like a 10 year old to me. His proportions just feel scrawny and childlike to me, even compared to Vegeta and that puts me off in a way the anime didn't. Then again, it doesn't help that I myself am 6'5.:lol In my mind, Goku is like almost 6 feet and Piccolo is my length hahaha. (I know that's wrong, it's just a perspective I can't shake.)

Totally fine with my impression being wrong with regards to the Manga/correct parts of the anime, but that does nevertheless make Figuarts Frieza lose appeal to me, seizcist as I am.

EDIT: For comparison, I experience Goku as tall as Christian Bale is in The Dark Knight haha. That to someone of my length (and actually in my country), feels like a normal average hero's length. It's totally unconscious.

I think the anime color looks sooo much better than the manga ver.

Would be dumping the v1 on ebay soon, if anyone wants em here, lemme know and i'll give boardie price (cheaper than ebay).

CellFriezaKingColdGinyuEp195.png

Frieza is pretty short though , look at where frieza stand next to frieza ... That's pretty much sh figuarts scale .

Yeah, I think my own perspective on size has taken advantages of the couple of inconsistencies in the anime to make him out taller than he is. Which bums me out haha.

Dragonball_Namek_Saga_by_Nostal.jpg

Frieza final form is the same height as his first form . From this pic it's also sh figuarts scale . Frieza is just a tiny bit taller than krillin .

Thank you for this . I have the one with yellow arms . And wanted to see these to side by side because I'm not sure if I need sdcc piccolo . What's up with that dark spot between the eyes on one head they went a little to hard with the shadowing there . But overall I like the shading they did to this version .

(Edit: the shading between the eyebrows on the head with the hat )

That may just be my cameras contrast being a bit excessive; the figure isnt that dark shading wise, but there is shading in those places.

That may just be my cameras contrast being a bit excessive; the figure isnt that dark shading wise, but there is shading in those places.

Well I love the shading everywhere and on the other two heads . But on the head with the hat in between the eyes they went a little to hard with the shadowing there (I think) and its not just ur picture it's in all the pics I've seen of him .

Frieza final form is the same height as his first form . From this pic it's also sh figuarts scale . Frieza is just a tiny bit taller than krillin .

Burter would be a monsterarts in that scale!:rotfl

The more I look at it now the more I see Figuarts did do a great job on Frieza.

So does Frieza have a posable tail(<- bendy wire style) or what? I'd swear I'd seen someone show one on cam, but now I can't find any proof of it anymore.

So does Frieza have a posable tail(<- bendy wire style) or what? I'd swear I'd seen someone show one on cam, but now I can't find any proof of it anymore.

No . but one of the tails is one solid piece and the other has a cut in the middle so you can remove the end and pose frieza with cut off tail and that same tail at the end is made of softer plastic that can be moved a little just enough so you can place vegetas neck in so frieza can hold him in the air , like the scene in the show.

Yeah I knew that last part, but no posable tail might together with his size form a deal breaker to me. Thanks for the confirmation folks.

Pairing that with the fact I will not be spending Figuarts level cash on a Krillin figure (Ownedcount: +1) and I can conclude SDCC Piccolo (x2), Normal Vegeta and SSJ Goku will form my 2013 DBZ Figuarts purchases... (And with Red Tyranno Ranger, all my Figuarts purchases this year, unless I end up buying White and/or Pink Ranger too in November.)

Or WILL they release either Android 18 or Regular Goku just before the year ends...?

Regular goku is for next year.

I hope 17 and 18 comes as a two pack, so we dont have to wait so long

I didn't even think about that, a two pack for 17 & 18 would be great. Neither needs much in the way of accessories, just your standard face and hand option parts. I'd say a remote detonation device as well, but perfect two pack material.

Sorry about this question, but which Broly figure is that exactly? I was planning to make a stop motion soon enough and I need to know.

"Movie Collection Legendary Super Saiyan Broly"

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUiHBeLHXJA[/ame]

Well I got Vegeta yesterday, and he's got the wobbly leg syndrome. Other than that though he's a sweet figure. I do think you definitely get more value out of him with the stand and blast effects included.

In a moment of weakness I ordered Gohan too. I wasn't going to give in to aftermarket prices, but its my favorite version of the character.

I also started watching the series again from the beginning. Its amazing how much you forget when you haven't watched it in over a decade.

Back