S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gohan may have had potential, but he was useless without other characters pulling that potential out of him. He was legit trained by Piccolo, then on Namek he was just handed a power up by Grand Elder Guru. He was later trained by Goku who helped him achieve Super Saiyan and eventually Super Saiyan 2, but with Goku out of the picture and no enemies to fight he slacked off and got significantly weaker. That is until he had yet another power up handed to him, this time by Old Kai. So yeah... I think it makes total sense that Future Gohan never surpassed Super Saiyan given how reliant he was on others to increase his power.

Future gohan never slacked off though and was always constantly fighting the androids and gettin his a$$ kicked so he shoulda recieved a power boost every time he fought for like the past 15 years of fighting the androids

Alot of things dont make sense in regards to the future timeline, the main one being that even though Goku died of heart failure he would have still kept his body, and went to grand kais planet; he would have been able to at least communicate with Gohan through king kai from time to time, and since our Goku figured out ascended saiyan so quickly, surely thats something you would tell your son who was fighting for his life??

Alot of things dont make sense in regards to the future timeline, the main one being that even though Goku died of heart failure he would have still kept his body, and went to grand kais planet; he would have been able to at least communicate with Gohan through king kai from time to time, and since our Goku figured out ascended saiyan so quickly, surely thats something you would tell your son who was fighting for his life??

Thats so true! Also someone else already mentioned thus but, would there be 2 other worlds?!? That wouldnt make sense( of course neither does time travel) but in this situation its pretty much saying bulmas invention can not only travel through time but also apparently has the power to goto another dimension where heaven and hell are different from their own lol

What about future trunks left on his own, in his own time to fight majin buu eventually? haha, and how would different timelines even work in regard to otherworld?

Babidi may not have been able to gather enough energy to free Buu in the future timeline. The Goku/Vegeta fight played a big role in that. I believe future Trunks would have kept training and achieved SS2 on his own, which in theory would have allowed him to dispose of Babidi and co. on his own before Buu ever became a problem.

Future gohan never slacked off though and was always constantly fighting the androids and gettin his a$$ kicked so he shoulda recieved a power boost every time he fought for like the past 15 years of fighting the androids

That's only if they're beaten near death. That likely didn't happen very often. And while he wouldn't have slacked off in that timeline, the point I was making is that Gohan always had help getting to the next level. You could argue Future Gohan did manage to achieve Super Saiyan on his own, but a bunch of people dying who he cared about was likely the catalyst for that. I don't think either Gohan had it in him to hit SS2 on his own.

Enjoy it for what it is the anime is old the more you look into the more things don't make sense.

You all are forgetting something. There is more than one alternate universe. The Trunks that met with Goku, and killed Frieza, that Trunks was killed by Cell. The Trunks that showed up after the 3 years of training was a different Trunks. My point is that Akira Toriyama based his alternate universe theory on Einsteins general theory of relativity, which states that there is an infinite number of universes. So to say that Goku "should" have done some certain thing, because he did it in another timeline is incorrect. Because there is an infinite number of universes, and as a result, there is an infinite number of universes where Goku did not even meet King Kai, but the androids still showed up. There are universes where Goku had no clue what an ascended saiyan was.

So it would be wrong to make any assumptions on why the Z fighters did, or did not do some particular thing, especially since we don't know all of the circumstances of the universe in question. In the future Trunks timeline, Namek could have been destroyed, and King Kai could have been long gone.

Last edited:
Oh trust me I do enjoy and love dragonball, wouldnt be here otherwise, its just fun thinking about why certain things happened, thats all

You all are forgetting something. There is more than one alternate universe. The Trunks that met with Goku, and killed Frieza, that Trunks was killed by Cell. The Trunks that showed up after the 3 years of training was a different Trunks. My point is that Akira Toriyama based his alternate universe theory on Einsteins general theory of relativity, which states that there is an infinite number of universes. So to say that Goku "should" have done some certain thing, because he did it in another timeline is incorrect. Because there is an infinite number of universes, and as a result, there is an infinite number of universes where Goku did not even meet King Kai, but the androids still showed up. There are universes where Goku had no clue what an ascended saiyan was.

So it would be wrong to make any assumptions on why the Z fighters did, or did not do some particular thing, especially since we don't know all of the circumstances of the universe in question. In the future Trunks timeline, Namek could have been destroyed, and King Kai could have been long gone.

In all honesty dbz did the best in explaining time travel and it effects but even with multiple universes created etc. in the end there shoulda only been one heaven/hell technically and besides gokus nature would still be the same and he would still find a way to communicate with gohan to help him, after trunks came back from the future the first time thats when he created alternate universes, so everything would be the same up untill the point freiza arrived on earth! But anyways there are alot of small problems with dbz but its still awesome!

Tbh the same issue arises when you add that thought to real life; if there is one afterlife, will we meet loads of alternative versions of ourselves? Gets confusing lol

Toriyama did an excellent job at showing it without us going "wtf?" everytime!

In all honesty dbz did the best in explaining time travel and it effects but even with multiple universes created etc. in the end there shoulda only been one heaven/hell technically and besides gokus nature would still be the same and he would still find a way to communicate with gohan to help him, after trunks came back from the future the first time thats when he created alternate universes, so everything would be the same up untill the point freiza arrived on earth! But anyways there are alot of small problems with dbz but its still awesome!

You don't understand the theory of relativity which the alternate universe theory in DBZ is based upon. Goku's "nature" would not be the same in every universe. There would be an infinite number of universes where Goku was completely evil and kills everyone. If there is an infinite number of universes then there is an infinite number of possibilities. Try to wrap your mind around the word "infinite".

Also, the theory of relativity states that there are 11 known dimensions, we're currently in the third. Lets assume that since the 4th dimension is time, the 5th dimension could be the "afterlife". So each single universe in the 3rd dimension could have it's own after life in a higher dimension.

PS. And yeah, according to Einstein's theory of relativity there is a REAL universe in which Goku is a real person who flies around the planet fighting bad guys. Also, this theory is highly accepted by mainstream science.

Last edited:
note how many times you say theory.

its all theoretical.

all quantum phsyicists do is make stuff up and try to prove it. a lot of which is improveable and a waste of time and money.

11 dimensions is from super string theory isnt it? not the theory of relativity?

im not bothered anyway i thought this forum was about action figures not quantum physics! :)

its a manga for kami's sake - what the mangaka says, goes!!

its all theoretical.

all quantum phsyicists do is make stuff up and try to prove it. a lot of which is improveable and a waste of time and money.

11 dimensions is from super string theory isnt it? not the theory of relativity?

im not bothered anyway i thought this forum was about action figures not quantum physics! :)

Yes, lots of things that people, and science state as "fact" are usually just theories. Anyway, my point is, there are no "flaws" with the Future Trunks timeline, because according to the theory it follows anything is possible >..>

EVERYTHING is a Theory, until otherwise proven. My personal favorite is about the Invisable man, watching everything you do,with a list of things he dson't want you to do. and he puts you on a list if you do them.

its all theoretical.

Edit ( added info):Just an example: See how the theory of Evolution has the word theory in it? Because it´s a evidenced fact, it´s true. You can´t argue with me that some Wolves didn´t become dogs and just look around your city, there are hundreds of dog breeds, and that is evolution we have been manipulating since thousands of years. In fact, dogs and wolves are the same species (biologically) because a wolf and a dog can mate, giving birth to a fertile creature; unlike a horse and an ***, who can mate and give birth to an infertile creature.

People who say "it´s just a theory", need to educate themselves a bit more

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1013705_617665444919199_1323375027_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm damn English language hahaha I can´t use the correct name of the animal because it has acquired another meaning in culture.
I meant A-S-S, to bad it also happened to other animal names like C-O-C-K :slap

People who say "it´s just a theory", need to educate themselves a bit more

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1013705_617665444919199_1323375027_n.jpg

God I hope that you're not trying to call anyone stupid... Notice how "scientific theory", is completely different from "Fact=Truth". There may be scientific data, and evidence that supports a particular theory, but that does not make it a fact. I could say that the moon is the center of the universe, and then I could come up with mathematically correct equations which support that claim.

Observation and experimentation is not the same as absolute truth, especially when the observer has a natural biased desire to find something that supports his claims. He may, at the same time ignore evidence to the contrary, merely because there is a hint of evidence which is to his benefit. Anything that is considered a "theory" has evidence supporting it, yes, but it also has conflicting evidence against, keeping it from being absolute truth. Hypothesis>Theory>Truth.

Are you just here to annoy people now krieges, because to me everything you say just seems to make others seem stupid.

This thread has survived this long because everyone got along, do we really want to jeopardise that for the sake of trolling folk?

We were simply talking about what ifs, and you make a wall of text trying to prove us wrong and call us stupid, why? Its a manga where people fly and shoot energy ffs, hardly based on reality is it?

Are you just here to annoy people now krieges, because to me everything you say just seems to make others seem stupid.

This thread has survived this long because everyone got along, do we really want to jeopardise that for the sake of trolling folk?

We were simply talking about what ifs, and you make a wall of text trying to prove us wrong and call us stupid, why? Its a manga where people fly and shoot energy ffs, hardly based on reality is it?

in another dimension it could be reality :p:monkey3

Back