S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trailer does infact show Gohan as a super saiyan though, and Toriyama actually stated that we will find out why (most likely his mystic powers wore off due to years of not training)

This is the OFFICIAL poster

Dragon-Ball-Z-Battle-of-Gods-Poster.jpg

and this is a screencap from the first trailer

gohan_bog_hair.jpg

Both from the Kanzenshuu website, so they are legit.

Can i just say though, that a few things do not make sense to me; Goten and trunks do not look old enough for a seven year gap from the buu saga. By my estimate they should be around 15, yet they still look 8? Also, wtf is going on with Chi-chi? she looks like a teenager!

Also, everyone seems to be going the same route as that fake poster; as in, God mode will be super saiyan 4 only gold fur and hair, which tbh, i wouldn't mind, but I would prefer the ss4 hair golden, but without the silly body fur.

You mean this? It's fan made.

tumblr_inline_mhkj2tOf0N1qz4rgp.jpg

Funny enough-- and I didn't notice this until JUST NOW-- there's a watermark from the author down at the bottom. Wish I'd noticed that sooner, haha. I thought it was real too at the time. :lol

I read somewhere that Gohan isn't going to be SS in the movie, the promotional guys had an oversight and forgot about Mystic. Let me see if I can find the source..

Here: https://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/02/28/gohan-will-not-be-a-super-saiyan-in-battle-of-gods/

The trailer does infact show Gohan as a super saiyan though, and Toriyama actually stated that we will find out why (most likely his mystic powers wore off due to years of not training)

Where'd you see that? That would contradict what Kanzenshuu said, and would be interesting.

Also, wtf is going on with Chi-chi? she looks like a teenager!

The one with the short hair and red? That's Videl! :lol

chara_img08.png

Last edited:
If u think about it goku looked like a kid till hes was 15 then when he was 18 had a huge grwth spurt thats my only somewhat logical explanation lol

Not that odd considering about a year ago they had that bardock special an a couple years before that they had that other special with vegetas younger bro

Just odd after all this time they're releasing another movie.

Some of it has to do with the anniversary of Toei animation a few years ago. I was in Tokyo for that, and Toei did a lot of promotions between DBZ and One Piece to celebrate their success. In addition, the creator of One Piece, grew up as a DBZ fan, and he has made it mission to help this generation of kids become fans of DBZ by linking it with the current success of One Piece as the #1 anime in Japan. Then even did a cross over with the two animes at one of the anime conventions and a small manga called "Cross Epoch". The lead character Luffy is based on many of the character traits of Goku, and the series has a similar comedic edge to it being a fighting anime like DBZ. There's even One Piece DBZ crossover statues that you can buy where Goku is wearing Luffy's outfit and vice versa. I bought the Goku figure in Japan then; it's an awesome pose.

For this movie they even did an early bird ticket fans could buy in Dec that featured both Goku and Luffy on the ticket, and it was a combo ticket for both "Battle of Gods" and also the One Piece movie "One Piece Z".

So with all my rambling.......Toei Animation is trying to keep the DBZ franchise alive by weaving into the success of One Piece with the help of the One Piece creator, Eichiro Oda. These are some of the factors why we have seen an uptick of DBZ resourcing.

Hope they keep it up! As a matter of fact, that's why they are hopefully continuing DBZ Kai into the Buu saga. The Japanese govt is actually providing much of the funding to create Kai after it had ended a few years ago. They claim that it is funds to help further the culture of Japanese entertainment or something like that. Sounds to me more like the govt officials are grown up fans wanting to see the next saga!

Some of it has to do with the anniversary of Toei animation a few years ago. I was in Tokyo for that, and Toei did a lot of promotions between DBZ and One Piece to celebrate their success. In addition, the creator of One Piece, grew up as a DBZ fan, and he has made it mission to help this generation of kids become fans of DBZ by linking it with the current success of One Piece as the #1 anime in Japan. Then even did a cross over with the two animes at one of the anime conventions and a small manga called "Cross Epoch". The lead character Luffy is based on many of the character traits of Goku, and the series has a similar comedic edge to it being a fighting anime like DBZ. There's even One Piece DBZ crossover statues that you can buy where Goku is wearing Luffy's outfit and vice versa. I bought the Goku figure in Japan then; it's an awesome pose.

For this movie they even did an early bird ticket fans could buy in Dec that featured both Goku and Luffy on the ticket, and it was a combo ticket for both "Battle of Gods" and also the One Piece movie "One Piece Z".

So with all my rambling.......Toei Animation is trying to keep the DBZ franchise alive by weaving into the success of One Piece with the help of the One Piece creator, Eichiro Oda. These are some of the factors why we have seen an uptick of DBZ resourcing.

Hope they keep it up! As a matter of fact, that's why they are hopefully continuing DBZ Kai into the Buu saga. The Japanese govt is actually providing much of the funding to create Kai after it had ended a few years ago. They claim that it is funds to help further the culture of Japanese entertainment or something like that. Sounds to me more like the govt officials are grown up fans wanting to see the next saga!

I forgot to add that these are simply my own observations and opinions from what I heard while I was in Japan and what I've read on Kanzenshuu.

Makes sense why we are getting a movie now. Thanks

Back