S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!; you are right, the SDCC Gohan makes the original look ill lol, the face is just so much more colourful! and the clothes are much richer in colour.

I hope we get battle damaged versions down the line. Damaged arm Gohan and shirtless Goku.

OK, finally got my Gohans and original Goku, and managed to paint gohans hair black, although for some reason it came out a bit jagged around the eye area, but it will do for me lol.

The last two thumbnails are my custom cape attempt; as you can see, alot more movement in the arms for just a tad strangeness in the look of it when the arms are flat.

Nice collection. Really like what you did with the cape. Still waiting for mine to arrive

@snake plissken, They could go with an extra torso for regular Goku, that way we could have a shirtless "Namek" goku along with an accurate Saiyan saga Goku; as much as I like the thought of having a normal haired Goku, I would really like it to have his Saiyan saga outfit, not only to fit in with saiyan Vegeta that hopefully comes out, but also so I dont have yet another remould lol

Also, thanks @just collect; I really dont know why Bandai didnt make the cape like that to begin with, still confuses me why they made it so restricting.

Oh, and I thought I would share a bit of advice that I learned after opening my original Goku; I found that upon trying to pose him that his legs were VERY stiff, apparently a problem with the old figures, especially First version Goku, was that the legs were so tight that they had a tendancy to snap; so, what I did was open his legs carefully so he does the splits, got a cotton bud/q tip, dipped it in oil (I used sunflower cooking oil) and dabbed the ball joint, then moved the joint and afte that they have been nice and smooth, ni chance of them breaking!

I should mention that this wasnt my idea, I asked someone for help regarding it on youtube; dont know if anyone else knew anout it but thought I would share anyway!

Came out pretty good in my opinion. That SDCC Gohan really is a step up compared to the original release.

Judging from most of the pictures, I prefer the original. But seeing as I've already got someone to buy one for me, I'll wait and see.

The best one is still the prototype colour shown on the box of the original IMO.

Finally took a group shot of the 4 Great Saiyans today. Left Piccolo out, cos' I was too lazy to pull him back out of the box.
dbzgroup1.jpg

dbzgroup2.jpg

Last edited:
nice pix.

so obvious question - where did you get the dragonball???

It's just a plain clear ball from another toy, the rest was photoshopped. It was a sudden idea that just popped in my mind!

It's probably not too hard to custom one though, if you find a fitting marble or one of those clear pearls they use for plants.

It's just a plain clear ball from another toy, the rest was photoshopped. It was a sudden idea that just popped in my mind!

It's probably not too hard to custom one though, if you find a fitting marble or one of those clear pearls they use for plants.

:clap ha ha! very good PS skills!

i have some plastic dragonballs that used to come with the irwin DBZ figures, they are a bit big for the SH figures though(but they go well with the 12'' medicom RAH) so i thought that that smaller clear dragonball would be cool for the SHF's - but oh well :rotfl

Judging from most of the pictures, I prefer the original. But seeing as I've already got someone to buy one for me, I'll wait and see.

The best one is still the prototype colour shown on the box of the original IMO.

Finally took a group shot of the 4 Great Saiyans today. Left Piccolo out, cos' I was too lazy to pull him back out of the box.
dbzgroup1.jpg

dbzgroup2.jpg

Is that the original release of Goku? Looks like the original release's face with the SDCC Goku's body or some sort of inbetween custom?

Is that the original release of Goku? Looks like the original release's face with the SDCC Goku's body or some sort of inbetween custom?

It's the regular release Goku in its entirety. Love it, considering it only costed $30-something when it first came out!

ok sorry to interupt any previous conversations....Ive never ordered one of these (but after seeing that cell is being made...and he's my favorite DBZ character) are these worth getting......Like size wise. they are not too small are they????

Well just ordered the first DBZ figure & it isn't even for me ;) lol

Ordered my Brother the SDCC Gohan from BBTS so should be getting that soon.

That's his Birthday present sorted :)

Think I'll get him Trunks for Christmas as well :)

Neil

Well just ordered the first DBZ figure & it isn't even for me ;) lol

Ordered my Brother the SDCC Gohan from BBTS so should be getting that soon.

That's his Birthday present sorted :)

Think I'll get him Trunks for Christmas as well :)

Neil

Better watch; by Christmas Trunks might be much more expensive, has happened before!

Better buying him now and keeping him until christmas for your bro. Cell is also coming out around November so be sure to keep an eye out for him too, he will end up being expensive.

Better watch; by Christmas Trunks might be much more expensive, has happened before!

Better buying him now and keeping him until christmas for your bro. Cell is also coming out around November so be sure to keep an eye out for him too, he will end up being expensive.

Lol that's what I'll be doing...pay day next week so will order him then :)

Might get both actually :)

Neil

Why would trunks go up?
they will more than likely make a SS trunks which i like better anyways

Why would trunks go up?
they will more than likely make a SS trunks which i like better anyways

Because ALL of the figuarts dragonball figures have went up within a year of being released; once Bluefin stop distributing them, only the ones in circulation will remain, and the more people buy, the less that will be in circulation, hence inflated price; take a look at the price of Goku (both kinds)

Also; have you even seen the Trunks figure? he comes with a normal and SS head, sooooo..... no chance of them making another.

Trunks has already went up from around £35 at launch to nearly £60 in some cases; that's almost double in 3 months, just think how that will go.

I love these things I just wish they were bigger. That being said I might crack and get Cell, which means I'd have to get Trunks and no way I can pass up Vegeta, Nappa and standard Goku.

Back