S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well this is my point in my post above... even though the scalpers are slightly shafting us with the prices now you have to ask yourself how much you want these things now, because they become inconceivable to get later on.

i didnt want to pay what i paid for my SDCC Goku at the time, but looking back it was reasonable and im glad i did now! cause i'll be ____ed if i would pay $130!!

Agreed Ayoof; i actually just bought two SDCC Gohans off a guy selling them for £35, which may seem like alot, but when I thought about it I realised I had paid more for Trunks! Plus, the guy was by far the cheapest and I wasn't going to have the money come next week.

One of them is getting painted black so I will have all the saiyans normal when they eventually do release Goku and Vegeta that we seen at SDCC.

On another note, i was trawling eBay as i always do the other day, and noticed that some sellers had the DBZ figuarts listed, but didn't actually have the name "figuarts" in the title; makes me think that there may infact be some cheaper ones hidden in there somewhere, we just have to look. Hell, I remember that i got the original Gohan and Piccolo from a seller who didnt even know what they were; sold them to me for £10 each! and that was when Gohan was in the £100s, he had an original Goku too, but i didn't get him, and I regret it now.

Last edited:
Well, supply and demand is a thing that preys on our fears- get it now for a lousy price, or wait and end up paying twice that later on.

Ebay is getting worse and worse... I remember not that long ago, you could pick up a Hot Toys headsculpt for $40 (reasonable for the quality). I was waiting for the Tobey Maguire head to put on an original Spider-Man I had customized, but when it came out, it started at $80 everywhere! Why? No reason, just because people thought they could shake every last cent out of the market. By purchasing at this price, you are in effect telling sellers that they can get away with this, and they'll keep doing it. Gohan should have come out for $40, but instead, he's already $60 (minimum). As long as people keep paying that, the price will only go up.

Well, supply and demand is a thing that preys on our fears- get it now for a lousy price, or wait and end up paying twice that later on.

Ebay is getting worse and worse... I remember not that long ago, you could pick up a Hot Toys headsculpt for $40 (reasonable for the quality). I was waiting for the Tobey Maguire head to put on an original Spider-Man I had customized, but when it came out, it started at $80 everywhere! Why? No reason, just because people thought they could shake every last cent out of the market. By purchasing at this price, you are in effect telling sellers that they can get away with this, and they'll keep doing it. Gohan should have come out for $40, but instead, he's already $60 (minimum). As long as people keep paying that, the price will only go up.

I completely agree, but the way it is just now there is no point in taking a stand against it; there will always be those collectors desperate enough to buy, no matter the cost.

If there was some way of pushing these resellers to the brink of collapse so they have to bring the prices down I'd be more than happy to help, but like i said, those who can't get access to these figures will always pay over the odds.

It would only take one seller to go against the grain and sell at close to retail in order to get the rest down in price too, but greed is just too strong.

Last edited:
to be honest i think they should restrict selling to private buyers at the show i.e only allow 2 per person and extra stock after the event gets sold by the company to buyers via their own website or something? it might not be viable for some companies but whatever - it would be more fair.. i dont get how some sellers can have 10- 20 in stock??

it just seems that japanese action figure prices have gone through the roof in the past 3 years and the prices only get worse as time goes by if you dont get them on release.

if you manage to find bargains its either through hours of searching or just by chance. i -as im sure we all have - have had bargains and absolute rip offs for somethings. but thats the way it goes.

i'm just mad i /we've had to wait 20 years to get these decent DBZ figures - its kind of ridiculous!!!!!!!

There have been some decent DBZ figures, but it depends on what you're looking for. Bandai had some good sculpts with their first wave of energy blasting figures, and Irwin had a few decent sculpts, but all of them came off as cheap in the end. Unifive really raised the stakes with their posing figures (love those sculpts, despite their size) and Ultimate Evolution series. Then Medicom made the best Gokou sculpts ever seen, but failed to deliver more characters in the line. Finally, the Figuarts series from Bandai gave the series the articulation it always lacked, and produced good head sculpts as well. They are not perfect, but pretty damn good. If only Medicom had continued... For the price of the SDCC Gokou now, you could get a Medicom version with an even better sculpt- though he'll be lonesome, which is the greatest strength of the Figuarts line.

02-noscale.jpg

09-noscale.jpg

04-noscale.jpg

07-noscale.jpg

Here's some great news. There have been requests for grown up Gohan in the orange goku gi. Maybe there's hope yet. There is a new dbz movie coming out in march of 2013. It's a continuation movie as part if the normal anime story line bridging the gap between post majin buu saga to dragonball gt. Maybe all the positive demand for figuarts can inspire more movie characters like majin buu, broly, or even grown up Gohan or gotenks.

https://translate.google.com/transl...g.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/658775/index

There have been some decent DBZ figures, but it depends on what you're looking for....Then Medicom made the best Gokou sculpts ever seen, but failed to deliver more characters in the line.

i think my medicom RAH Goku is my favourite DBZ figure - it just is Goku- its jut a shame he had no different faces / heads or ki effects... which is why im kind of peeved that figuarts havent released normal Goku yet.:impatient:

Any front shot of normal Goku?

not from SDCC2012 yet, but go to p 30 and 35 of the thread . damn it looks badass!!

Here's some great news. There have been requests for grown up Gohan in the orange goku gi.

no thanks... i'd rather have a small Gohan with his mullet!!

though the new film will be cool to see! i love the new anime style - i wish they would have reanimated all of DB Kai to be in that style.

See? BBTS comes to the rescue with the $40 price tag that this thing deserves. Scalpers, go _____ yourselves.

haha. oh well, despite BBTS' good price, it hardly makes a difference because the total still sucks balls if you're in the UK! :) but yes at least its a F U to the scalpers.

Last edited:
Sorry :(

Keep an eye on it though. They sometimes allocate more supply and put up more PO's. Also other people might cancel etc...

I might since I won't have a SDCC Goku to match it :monkey2

Does anybody have a SDCC Goku they want to get rid of for a decent price? PM and we can talk.

Back