S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish the Napa came with his armor, but other than that everything looks awesome. It also looks like I'll finally have to break down and buy some of these. :gah: :yess:

Amazing! Definitely getting all but Nappa (unless he comes with detachable armor), also, has anyone got a front pic of regular Goku? Kinda peeved that it looks like he hasn't been redesigned to match Vegeta, but at least hes coming out!

Gonna be a good couple of years!

Gonna buy them all! I'm just worried with Krilin's size.. his face is great but he looks too big. His head is almost like freeza's...lol... and the simbol on his chest is missing....

Nappa looks good, I would like to see his armor too but that's fine for me, his best moments on the anime happened when he was like that.

Vegeta looks amazing, Cell looks amazing. Freeza's face is very good but I'm also worried with his scale.

Some articulations on 18's arms bothers me...but she looks fine overall.

Just hope we can see all these being released someday.... bluefin said that these are just "under consideration"... :(

I wouldnt worry about them saying "under consideration", they say that with every new figure they show; happened with ssj Vegeta back when he was shown as a prototype. As long as we make enough noise about wanting them they will produce them.

As for the apparent size issues; Dont worry about that either, figuarts are always perfectly in scale, they wont stop now. Most likely it just because of the way they are posed and their position in the case.

Finally, android 18s arm joints are simply on back to front, hence the awkward monkey look. That will be fixed if she is made available.

I wouldnt worry about them saying "under consideration", they say that with every new figure they show; happened with ssj Vegeta back when he was shown as a prototype. As long as we make enough noise about wanting them they will produce them.

As for the apparent size issues; Dont worry about that either, figuarts are always perfectly in scale, they wont stop now. Most likely it just because of the way they are posed and their position in the case.

Finally, android 18s arm joints are simply on back to front, hence the awkward monkey look. That will be fixed if she is made available.

I don't know about them being perfectly in scale... I just got a hold of SS Gokou to go with Vegeta and Trunks. When I pose the 3 together, Trunks looks really out of place, but Gokou and Vegeta match perfectly. Trunks comes across as looking like a child: there was never a point in the series when he was THAT small. Even at his shortest, Future Trunks was taller than his dad, and only got taller. At his current height, Trunks is about the same size as Freeza. :(

***Edit***

And after comparing most pics, it is more a problem with inconsitency. Trunks SHOULD be taller than his dad, but a problem arises in their scale when compared to Gokou. Looking at the Android Saga group shot, Trunk is the perfect size, but Vegeta is much too tall. However, when Gokou and Vegeta stand side by side, he looks just right. It's an animation/character design issue- if you notice especially in the Boo Saga, Vegeta has become quite lanky since his days under Freeza. So I guess it's a relative problem, but still can't get over Vegeta being taller than Trunks, ughhh.

Last edited:
I complained a lot about his size when I got the figure. I aways thought that Trunks should be taller. Somewhere betwen Goku and Vegeta maybe.
But the truth is that his scale is pretty much correct, (un)fortunatelly. We have only a few good images to compare their sizes but if you check some original art at the manga you will see that trunks was really short on his first appearance. He grows up a lot after training with his dad, reaching Goku's size. And that's the Trunks we are used to see.
If you go after some episodes or pages, there is a lot of inconsistency about their sizes, but there are some that really looks official.

This one is not the best reference, but it helps:

DBZ-Goku-Trunks-Stare-580x435.jpg

This other image makes us think that Trunks is taller than Vegeta, but if you check their feet, you will understand:

1613318_640px.jpg

really trunks is slightly taller than vegeta.

he should be as tall as vegetas hair,if you look at the manga picture equivalent of this anime pic and measure the length o their bodies Trunks is just short of the peak of vegeta's hair...

ANYWAY this pic is what Tamashii sould be working from, i dont mind if Yamcha has his long hair but the rest should be like this picture!!

i.e. i would have liked to see Krillins grey boots and his turtle symbol just so he doesnt look like a Goku 'mini me'.

Also i still say the prototype Frieza is waay too big.

SCALE!! Bluefin and Tamashii dont forget the SCALE now!!!

Last edited:
And the 2 last.

96b23dafff75f939503c0e43cc934.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this. And thank Bandai for making it. This takes me back to 1996 when I first saw these episodes. At the beginning there were 6 on 6, Vegeta, Nappa and 4 Saibamen vs Piccolo, Gohan, Kurririn, Yamucha, Tenshinhan and Choazu. After some epic fights and many episodes this is it; Goku has arrived in time to save Gohan but just a moment too late for Piccolo. Kurririn is down but not out and Yajirobe has yet to make his presence felt. Goku staring down what's left of the Saiya-Jin menace moments away from the fight of his life. Bandai has really outdone themselves.

In the case of DBZ and Megaman we actually get the figures cheaper than the Japanese. Pretty crazy.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one here also collecting the D-Arts line :p

On Topic: Not sure I like the way Krillin's body looks, and I've yet to see a female figure from Bandai with a face that didn't make me cringe (current 18 included), but I'm happy the line is getting so many new figures.

I'll buy them all, I just hope these prototypes get improved to keep them at the quality of the rest of the line.

I'm new to this line and so far I only have Piccolo. After seeing these images I really want to buy more of these, but since Europe doesn't get any love from Figuarts this is gonna cost a lot. I think even more than in Japan. Oh well...gotta save some cash then. Cell looks absolutely amazing btw.

These are all I want. I'm not feeling the nappa or android 18. I might just have to get the Nappa in case I run the risk of regretting not buying him. I'm sure i've got time to think about it though! Too much time!
This is all i need.
iycyl3.jpg

Might be in the minority here, but does anyone else think that the Vegeta sculpt they use for the 1st saiyan armor is a reuse from the super saiyan Vegeta? Face looks sharp and more pronounced compared to the manga toriyama drew for that particular scene. So does the black haired Goku.

I'm still buying this nonetheless. But I was hoping they would give us an accurate sculpt for that particular time, instead of reusing the older Vegeta sculpt.

Might be in the minority here, but does anyone else think that the Vegeta sculpt they use for the 1st saiyan armor is a reuse from the super saiyan Vegeta? Face looks sharp and more pronounced compared to the manga toriyama drew for that particular scene. So does the black haired Goku.

I'm still buying this nonetheless. But I was hoping they would give us an accurate sculpt for that particular time, instead of reusing the older Vegeta sculpt.

I'm right there with you, Hydeous. Generally, I think it looks like a nice figure, but that version of Vegeta should be stumpier, with more rounded features. His hair is much too sharp, his limbs too long, and his muscles too defined. It wasn't until he started training in the gravity room that he really bulked up. All the video games just use the same character model, and change the costume, so it appears Bandai is more or less doing the same. On the plus side, Now we'll have a normal Vegeta sculpt in his Android Saga armor. ^_^

Back