S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just check out the YouTube review, he looks awesome! But I wanna see some in hand hi res pics though, pics are always better than videos for some reason.

Yup, Over past couple of months SDCC Goku just skyrocketted, probably something to do with SDCC Gohan being released soon, since the con artisits are also trying to get people to preorder him for upwards of $100 (£60), even though he will retail for $30 (£15) lol.

I got lucky, managed to get Goku for retail price in Jan, still scouring eBay for a first release Goku that isn't a bajillion pounds though, sicne hes the only one I don't have (Got Piccolo and Gohan dirt cheap off a seller who didn't know what they were, evil i know, but you do what you gotta do lol)

While I'm here, I may as well ask; what type of paint would you all recommend for a regular black hair? matt or gloss?

I repainted Vegeta's hair (and all the figuarts I own) with Citadel Games workshop Acrylic paints, (Black Chaos for Vetas hair) The paint is'nt glossy and nor matt, Its is a medium term but more close to matt finish.

Why would you need to get the first release Goku when you got the sdcc ver already?
I kind of get OCD with my collections! Even though SDCC goku is better IMO, I still feel like I need the original to keep my set "complete"

Oh and thanks @valvoliner, will look for something similar!

I repainted Vegeta's hair (and all the figuarts I own) with Citadel Games workshop Acrylic paints, (Black Chaos for Vetas hair) The paint is'nt glossy and nor matt, Its is a medium term but more close to matt finish.
Hey, show us the results! :)

Just something that I noticed; for starters, anyone know why they made trunks' front hair strands just part of his hair, instead of being separate pieces like what we have seen? Guess I can live with not having it poseable lol.

I really wish they would have gone with trunks later style SS hair; the really spiky style, to me his hair isn't standing up enough, but again i can live with it.

Time to dump some photo's here. Sorry. no Trunks photo's :(

IMG_4715.jpg

IMG_5311.jpg

IMG_5310.jpg

IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_4861.jpg

Trunks looks badass on Vegeta's body. Just like when he went back to the future to trash the androids/Cell at the end of the arc.

Can't wait for my eBay seller to ship mine, and so relieved that Bandai didn't stuff this up like the SS3!

i just want to say that accsesory wise this is how Vegeta should have been done (and Goku) Bluefin, Tamashi , Bandai take notice!!!

theres even a mini goku to fight the ozaru vegeta for Fraks sake!

attachment.php

Wow, That would be so awesome!

I assume the reason why they usually give us minimum accessories is because they want to separate the versions as many as they could (see goku for example, v1 saiyan, sdcc saiyan, SS3 and upcoming normal ver) as they think this way more customers would end up buying more of em :huh

I think Trunks was very well planned out, I bought 3 for myself in the end to make various versions.

wow... what figure is that?

I assume the reason why they usually give us minimum accessories is because they want to separate the versions as many as they could .

i believe its the super awesome ulimate evolution figure. i imagine the articulation sucks balls but just look at the thought put into the release there is also Goku,Trunks n gohan aswell.

@ Hydeous

yeah obviously they want more cash from us and so do many different versions of more or less the same thing - but i think its just a slap in the face.

i think it should be just standard that the saiyans come with a normal and Super Saiyajin head.

then they could make more $ by giving us accessories like those above in seperate releases as 1 lot.

eg. release vegeta with super saiyan and normal head, then later release a vegeta pack with an old saiyan armour body, scouter head, majin head and even the ozaru head and tail.

Goku's would be - a super saiyan 2 head (and a SS 3 if they hadnt released it), ripped gi body or end of series gi body, more ki effects, senzu beans pouch, a dragonball, etc.

you catch my drift?

well whatever, it probably wont happen - BUT IT SHOULD!!

Last edited:

I assume the reason why they usually give us minimum accessories is because they want to separate the versions as many as they could (see goku for example, v1 saiyan, sdcc saiyan, SS3 and upcoming normal ver) as they think this way more customers would end up buying more of em :huh

I think Trunks was very well planned out, I bought 3 for myself in the end to make various versions.

In Short:

3118474906_57c43c3089_o.jpg

:lecture:lecture

I pre-ordered my trunks months ago from Amazon. It says they have it in stock. Why hasnt it been shipped yet?

I did a review on Figuarts Trunks,please check it out! It really is one of the better SH DBZ figs,love love the amount of faces and hands they give you as well as SSJ and non-SSJ heads. I hope all SSJ characters from now on come with their non-SSJ head. I want two!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxpI_BrdWyI&list=UUX9QaRm_0SJxlx2HFg_nUtw&index=1&feature=plcp"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxpI_BrdWyI&list=UUX9QaRm_0SJxlx2HFg_nUtw&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

Back