S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2702.JPG

That brownish color looks terrible ..:(

Even the materials seems to be worst than the Exclusive CC (I bet it's ABS instead PVC)

Wtf is wrong with the color :(

That's definitely not the color of the proto they have up a while ago.

The proto was hand painted (outfit), the final figure has not painting, just the plastic (and toysh) base color

The materials are different: shiny ABS and not matt PVC, unlike the CC exclusive goku.

Cheap, cheap, cheap :lecture

Last edited:
But why did bird studio and bandai approve that color way? I know that the original manga wasnt colored, but is it possible that that's what SS 3 is supposed to look like?

But why did bird studio and bandai approve that color way? I know that the original manga wasnt colored, but is it possible that that's what SS 3 is supposed to look like?

The color is based on this hand painted proto:

nycc013.jpg

That hand painted color on that proto is right and accurate, but the problem has been "to Fit" or chose that base color for an unpainted material or surface like ABS.. without hand painted shadows and detail

Goku_SSj3_v2_by_drozdoo.jpg

These bronze arms and painted "shadows"(with cheap and bad quality paint) in the final figure look awful ..I'm glad to not have Poed this piece of ____ :monkey4

Edit: Btw, looking at this SSJ3.. I'm starting to worry about trunks :/

Last edited:
About a day late with the pics guys :thud: I didn't cancel in time. I've been charged by BBTS already :slap

This has not been the wisest spending month for me :slap

Looks like they painted the arm joints on the proto too, and skip out on the actual production. :(

I ordered from SS, heres to hoping that they'll fix it. I'm still getting these at the end of the day though. Might just get it custom painted if it still bugs me later on.

Looks like they painted the arm joints on the proto too, and skip out on the actual production. :(

I ordered from SS, heres to hoping that they'll fix it. I'm still getting these at the end of the day though. Might just get it custom painted if it still bugs me later on.

Good luck!. you are going to need it bro! :doh

I did'nt like the original SS Goku's color and ended up repainting the whole outfit and hair ...but now looks far better :wink1:

Yuck! What happened?! Amazon already billed me so I can't cancel anymore. $55 down the drain. :(

If only they went with the colors of the prototype. I noticed the hair got shrunk or maybe it's the photo that's making it look small.

Last edited:
So I caved hard into this line, couldn't resist anymore

Have 2 gohans on the way ($100 a piece... I know, but I want to paint ones hair black lol)

Then I have SDCC Goku (gunna paint the blues better) and then picolo and vegeta

Can't wait to get them!

That looks horrible! Good thing I hesitated and didn't PO this one. I hope they don't mess up the other figures.

:wave DBZ Figuarts line. Maybe.

Might be time to ship my 'Pile Of Crap' from BBTS.

i don't know what to do..

buy vegeta + piccolo (around U$100) or gohan (around U$100)

gohan will be relaunched ?

i don't know what to do..

buy vegeta + piccolo (around U$100) or gohan (around U$100)

gohan will be relaunched ?

Try back-ordering Piccolo from HLJ.com, it's worth the wait to see if they could source you one since it's only $40 shipped.

The thing with Gohan is that the color of the skin tone and the super saiyan hair doesn't match with neither latest SDCC Goku or Vegeta. And I suspect Trunks' would look similar to Vegeta and SDCC Goku. So reissuing Gohan right now could be a bit of a problem.

I don't have a problem with Gohan's paler skin tone which looks good IMO.

But scrap the re-issue and just do a SDCC Gohan in anime colours with a dark purple outfit and blue belt. The pastel purple kind of looks like chewed gum.

Back