S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t even notice the hair until you guys said it.. sheesh

How the hell does Demoniacal Fit make a more “accurate” version, but still kinda **** it up, whereas Tamashii makes an official version & they **** it up even worse

I’m transitioning out of the military and need lots of funds so I had to make a tough choice and sell off my entire collection [emoji22]

Ah okay! Good luck my friend. Priority priority! Unfortunately I didn’t get drawn for sdcc tickets this year otherwise I would have helped with you with Goku Black, but I am attending NYCC so maybe there’s a chance...

I'm sure he'll have extra face parts and hair parts. But even if none of them look great, the body looks amazing and you can always get a better hair from Demoniacal Fit down the line (no, not the one currently for sale)... or fix it yourself with a blow dryer, simple enough! :)

All the SDCC reveals making me feel really great, then tamashii goes and reveals that steaming load... wtf is wrong with them? The body looks perfect, but that hair makes it seem like they're intentionally trolling us. That better just be a prototype.

Ok, so im not defending that UI Goku in ANY way, because simply reusing the base/god hair is beyond lazy, however, mastered UI Gokus hair is far less wavy than the black variant, so its closer to being accurate than you think. Still very lazy for a figure that would otherwise guarantee to sell amazingly well.

maxresdefault.jpg

As for the body, its good finally see some actual cat scratches on a figure xD

The torso is actually just a tweaked reuse of the original awakening ssj Goku mold without the blue gi tatters though, but it works well.

Crap...and you know Tamashii’s odds of fixing anything? Basically never. They usually mess up their final products.

Another opportunity for DF to capitalize. They messed up on their first release of the UI hair.

The rest of the figure looks good. Kind of excited to put a Super Saiyan headsculpt on this figure and sort of recreate the final look for Goku when Namek was about to blow and he thought he killed Frieza.

Ok, so im not defending that UI Goku in ANY way, because simply reusing the base/god hair is beyond lazy, however, mastered UI Gokus hair is far less wavy than the black variant, so its closer to being accurate than you think. Still very lazy for a figure that would otherwise guarantee to sell amazingly well.

View attachment 461113

Complete UI is not at ALL "far less wavy" than UI Omen. We hardly get many still close-up shots of completed UI, but in no shot does it appear less wavy. If anything, it's more "wavy" since it's moving a lot of the time but even when it's not, it's raised just like UI Omen:

Complete UI Goku1.jpg
CUI Goku 2.jpg
CUI Goku 3.jpg
CUI Goku 4.jpg
CUI Goku 5.jpg
CUI Goku 6.jpg

The best defense for this screw-up is they went by Toriyama's design sheet here:

Tori UI2.jpg

Which was clearly just a recolor of Toriyama's original SSG design:

Tori UI3.jpg

Even then, Tamashi didn't include the thinner build that comes with SSG. It's not even accurate to the manga's portrayal, where he's thinner, but his hair is still partially raised (in a slightly different way):

12.jpg

What they have given us here does not match the anime, the manga, or any design sheet. It makes no sense at all. This is super disappointing since I've been looking forward to it since the debut of completed UI. Hope they update it soon because the body looks fantastic. If it's not updated, I'll have to follow through with the original plan of getting the better, higher quality sculpt here:

ferrytale UI Goku.jpgView attachment 461170

They had one freakin job... The figurise standard nailed the hair design decently well. This is friggin tamashi nations, there is a certain standard that is expected and while the body looks great, they really f'd up the hair design. As others have shown, there is a certain look they could've referenced from both the anime and the manga and they chose to ignore both. I truly hope they listen to the criticisms and redesign the hair before final production release.

They have it on display somewhere.

67152312_10156805965592326_5264372527450292224_n.jpg

After thinking about it, i'm sure that's what we'll get for the final product. I doubt they'll change anything. Hopefully i'm wrong.

Bandai changed Jiren since his first prototype was shown (look at him now. He's perfection!) and will change Ultra Instinct hair for sure because 9 out of 10 comments on Instamashii support this fact :lol

Prodigy, sorry to hear that you are forced out and had to sell all your figures. Thank you for your service in the military and hope all goes ok

Thanks for that Instagram link, i went in as well and blasted them.
It's disgusting that they would just reuse the hair and expect that we would just buy up anything and everything. Hopefully them getting blasted everywhere for this will show them they do need to readjust the hair mold. Why tf would they decide to do this when every single UI figure/sculpture/etc has a different hair then this ....
Not cool Tamashii. If it is left as it is, i will probably just buy 1 and use it only for SSJ Goku when he fights 100% Frieza. I'll also give the middle finger to UI Goku and the rest of the DBSuper line. Once my DBZ desired figures are out I'll happily quit

Prodigy, sorry to hear that you are forced out and had to sell all your figures. Thank you for your service in the military and hope all goes ok

I have 3 figures period. I don't collect anything nor do I post here often. I'm unsure what about me explaining with examples upset you enough to reply in this exaggerated way lmao. Are you confusing me with someone else? This figure release is disappointing so I'll say so and give a reason why. Hope it's fixed though.

Back