S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder, has anyone compared the SSG head "done" by DF and the official one? Which one is better?
Depending of the answer, I might not buy the new Vegeta.

The DF SSG head is basically the current Vegeta 2.0 headsculpt in a translucent red plastic with 2-3 face sculpts (someone who has it correct me on how many face sculpts it comes with).

The new Vegeta is a brand new hairsculpt...I don’t know if they reused some of the same faces but the hair is slightly different.

59951067_308147703446202_7431948103107457343_n.jpg

Source: Tamashii Mexico Instagram.

-Kid Goku: Seen already...solid repaint

PC Goku Black: I think on the other photo I saw the hair is a translucent pink or has a heavier metallic tone to it and his tunic will also be pinkish/purple-ish in tone. Looks like he'll also come with a Pink flame effect so he's "powering up".

PC Golden Frieza: Still trying to figure out the difference on this one other than the colors looking VERY similar. Is this using the newer Frieza pieces? Maybe he's more metallic and golden than the last?

PC Gohan: What? Re-using the Goku 1.0 mold AGAIN? The Super Saiyan head looks cool even though it's a repaint...but why are they going with a 1.0 mold again? They could've easily used a 2.0 body mold for this. It's like they just have a box of 1.0 Goku molds sitting around that they don't know what to do with and keep finding excuses to use it....

Last edited:
Nice! Gonna save some money this year! Only going after that frieza. Paint job on it looks more subdued then the original.

Those exclusives suck...

GB is OK, but doesn't look like he has a regular head, Gohan is just a joke, and frieza is Meh. In a way I'm glad cause I can focus on other sdcc exs. Where the hell is a krill in repaint, every year is just sad

Damn. They all look sweet. I barely started collecting this line so I'm in for repeats. Are event exclusives usually difficult to get?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wow, I honestly wasn't expecting any of these. I'm really surprised they didn't go with Krillin, out of all the figures I feel like he's most due for a repaint.

The only one that's a for sure pass for me is Frieza, he looks almost exactly the same as the first Golden Frieza, just with slight face changes.

Kid Goku looks good, but the extra face plate seals the seal for me. I'm definitely going to try and get him.

I passed on the original mystic Gohan, but this one looks a bit better. I'll pick him up if I can find him for a decent price. I actually really like the super Saiyan head and faces

I think Goku Black is the best out of the four. I love the pink shading in his clothing and his hair looks so cool with that metallic paint. I absolutely want to get that one, but I'm sure he'll be the most expensive in that aftermarket considering what the original goes for.

Overall I'm pretty impressed with the exclusives, but also bummed out because that's more money I shouldn't be spending 😅

That Gohan better be on the 1.0 mold so that no one wants it... If it is on a 2.0 mold though....that means that it would be the first completely new figure being released as a convention exclusive and that's a big No No....

Edit : On top of that, the Super Saiyan head isn't even accurate to any material they chose, it's just a lazy repaint of the Ultimate mold....

Crap! DB tour not happening at Fan Expo Toronto this year. I'll have to get some of these items online somehow. I'm eyeing on Kid Goku and Goku Black.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G935W8 發送

Is it difficult to buy badges for NYCC and the figuarts on site?

The badges were easy in my experience. I already got mine for Saturday. The figures will be hard to get. You got to be on bandai’s db line asap when the con starts. It’s a huge line too.

So basically they’re reissuing Ultimate Gohan but with SS hair. They screwed themselves by still using the 1.0 mold so that’s an easy pass for myself & many others. Goku Negro.. Demoniacal Fit can and will release a translucent SSRose hair that looks identical to that one, and you can find the purple aura separately if you know where to look. Golden Freezer, the paint apps especially on the face look slightly improved, but if they wanted to make a proper 2.0 in the future then they should make it look like this

57238EC7-6812-4265-801A-0CCD0B88835C.jpeg

The only “must-buy” for me is that Chibi Goku, cuz they’re including the smirking face plate that was omitted from the first release. And I like him better in the blue gi instead of the red/orange one

That Gohan better be on the 1.0 mold so that no one wants it... If it is on a 2.0 mold though....that means that it would be the first completely new figure being released as a convention exclusive and that's a big No No....

Edit : On top of that, the Super Saiyan head isn't even accurate to any material they chose, it's just a lazy repaint of the Ultimate mold....

Demoniacal Fit will capitalize on that by making their own, just like they’re doing with Vegito

I'm kind of relieved tbh, didn't want to drop a ton on these, and now I don't I have to. I mean last summer with Vegito blue and Broly was just crazy, still can't believe they made Vegito Blue an event exclusive.

Might get that kid Goku though if it's not more than 2x the original price... definitely looks better than the original.

I don’t know why they haven’t done this as an exclusive yet... would buy 100%

D0C5146F-75E4-4666-AB5A-772EEE32D2F7.jpeg

Back