S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm not quitting really... Selling basically everything I have except for a few select things and my statues as some debt cropped up after 8 months of not having quite enough work. Just sick of it and want to get out from under it. Will probably end up rebuying everything in a few years lol. Terrible way to do things, but them's the breaks.

Yeah... but those are the ones that actually get me some money lol. I sold my ssj vegeta a while back already, just cause I thought the prices were stupidly high and it wasn't worth that price to me. sdcc gohan has gone up quite a bit too. If I kept one figure just because, it would probably be sdcc gohan as it was my first figuarts figure, and that final scene against Cell is my favorite moment in DBZ.

But yeah those sdcc exlucisves seem to just go up and up and up. Saw a sdcc goku (which sadly I don't have) sell for like $350 the other day from a 99 cent auction. Kicking myself for thinking $90 was too high just over a year ago.

Yeah it's a, becoming quite an insane hobby. It honestly almost takes the fun out of it knowing just how much you might get for them...

I very explicitely buy these to NEVER sell them so it's kinda like .... le sigh.XD

It kinda does. Adds this annoying level of stress... missing a figure and having to pay through the nose, or buying something for $40 and then feeling cool cause it's worth so much, but then being tempted to sell it because it's gone up 400% in value and you'd never actually pay that price for it... but you like it, but why own something that isn't worth to you what it's worth in $$? Of course you want to just enjoy your collection, but a collection is an ever growing and ever shifting entity, so these are all thoughts and concerns that can be fun but can also be annoying. Most of us love toys and such as somewhat of an extension from childhoods, and when you were a kid and first fell in love with action figures, what they were worth or how exclusive they were didn't mean jack ****.

Updated shots of my collection with normal Goku. Also switched the faces out on SS1 Gohans and normal Trunks.

rHJ319a.jpg

82X1QWH.jpg

So much standing around! I mean, it's a very admirable collection (and one that I envy majorly!) but I kind of like to see the articulation on these guys... used.
Of course this collection doesn't belong to me though, so if this is the way you want to see your figures go right ahead.

Looks good, but his shoulders look a little too big to me and I wish his hair was green.

So much standing around! I mean, it's a very admirable collection (and one that I envy majorly!) but I kind of like to see the articulation on these guys... used.
Of course this collection doesn't belong to me though, so if this is the way you want to see your figures go right ahead.

Most of my collection outside this one are all posed the same way, I don't have room to put them in any kind of dynamic posing.

Why'dyou guys quit?

Broly really does knock down a lot of doors. But honestly... It should've been Nappa imo.

Already have a lot of others line to collect so I stopped this one.
Wasn't easy because they are really great but the second market prices help me ^^.

Yep, that's his Japanese price, so it could be even cheaper when Bluefin imports him.

So much for the 'nappa would be too expensive to sell' ********.

I really think he's too bulky, or just too broad in general, dunno. But whatever, if the fanbase is happy. This also means for sure that I only have 18 and 17 left to buy = happy wallet.

Back