S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silrian wants to gauge what our picks are should we be forced to pick, which is a good idea! I dont usually like limited polls but as long as they arent filled with characters some people only want due to them not having figures made before etc then im fine with it.

Heck, I wouldnt be surprised if some folk out there would rather have farmer with a shotgun as opposed to any of the main figures wanted, just because he hasnt had a figure before :lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

IMG_2579.jpg
Sharing my current line up :D

Kind of funny to see that China is creating a lot of bootleg SH Figuarts Dragon Ball figures. Given that Bandai hasn't re-released some of the more popular supporting characters like Vegeta and Gohan, this is bound to happen.

I lived in Thailand for a number of years and counterfeit Dragon Ball (and most other figures, but mainly DBZ) were EVERYWHERE! And they are extremely well made for bootlegs as well. I had a cool near-12'' Goku back then that was extremely pose-able and well-made for a bootleg figure.

All the zeros have bootlegs as well and they're also quite convincing. Watch out withthat on ebay.

@crisis the reason I wouldn't want to waste aslot on ssj2 is the same Im not wasting it on yamcha or raditz: the majority would want majin vegeta, nappa and tien first. Now ssj2 goku is perhaps more stand alone so I'd be fine with it. BUT, then it also opens the doorto my top want: a proper saiyan saga goku.

The reason I didn't put that on there, or super buu, is because both seem unlikely after reg goku and, pressumably, kid buu.

I still feel majin vegeta represents ssj2 goku well enough, as soon as he's released people will be screaming for a matching goku. Thr only way to deal with limited options is to approach it "chronologically", ya feelin me?

Also nice pic gr3nd3l!

Gmmm seems vegito, gotenks and saiyaman are clear winners, don't think that will change.

So now it's close on tien and trunks... If there's a tie for the tien and trunks version I think Im gonna list them as 'unspecified'

Well, I have said in the past Silrian; give people a vote between a secondary character who doesnt get many figures made and a main character who does, and some people will always vote for the secondary since they can always buy a statue of the other. Its a silly way to think but thats what happens and is why I disliked Branjitas polls. You should make a main character only poll, thats the only way to stop people inflating smaller characters.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I don't dislike that choice, my sole argument is that the vast majority will NOT make that choice and that is what my poll is about. Not what one guy wants, or what a few people want, I want to try and establish what the majority wants, because that's the only thing that garners sales, and sales are what companies care about.

I personally agree with you Big D, however I don't wanna judge other people's collecting habits. The point is solely a majority thing. It's not about principles or any of that, it's about sales. Tamashii will make what the majority wants, overall.

Well, all I wanna do is figure out what the sideshow majority wants so we can unify behind that as a joined force and perhaps have a teeny tiny bit of influence in the process. And I'm pretty sure it's not hercule the majority wants, or he would've been mentioned more in Pwn's poll, which gave you two options any you could list ANYTHING.

Gotenks actually didn't come up that much either, but neither did ssj2 goku. It's hard to establish and probably isn't doable to do completely fairly, but I'll try to make a final list as close to the general consensus as possible.

I don't dislike that choice, my sole argument is that the vast majority will NOT make that choice and that is what my poll is about. Not what one guy wants, or what a few people want, I want to try and establish what the majority wants, because that's the only thing that garners sales, and sales are what companies care about.

I personally agree with you Big D, however I don't wanna judge other people's collecting habits. The point is solely a majority thing. It's not about principles or any of that, it's about sales. Tamashii will make what the majority wants, overall.

Well, all I wanna do is figure out what the sideshow majority wants so we can unify behind that as a joined force and perhaps have a teeny tiny bit of influence in the process. And I'm pretty sure it's not hercule the majority wants, or he would've been mentioned more in Pwn's poll, which gave you two options any you could list ANYTHING.

Gotenks actually didn't come up that much either, but neither did ssj2 goku. It's hard to establish and probably isn't doable to do completely fairly, but I'll try to make a final list as close to the general consensus as possible.

freaks, Sideshow freaks :lecture

A16, 1st form frieza and Beerus were the definite losers of the first poll, so they're out. Bardock and 1st form Cell are in a twillight zone.
These 7 seem undeniable to me:

Vegeta
Nappa
Tien
Trunks
Gohan
Vegito
Broly (because we're not sure where he's at)
?
?
?

Some options for the last 3 are gotenks, ssj2 goku, reusing bardock and 1st form cell, perhaps Ginyu, saiyan/namek Gohan wasn;t mentioned much but maybe he should be on there?

I'd be fine skipping SS2 Goku
Are you sure? Consider what accessories he could come with. A SSj2 Goku would complete the first SSj version.

Happy face
Serious (looking to the right)
Shouting (looking to the left)
Clenched teeth
halo

SSj1 hair (repainted) with hole for halo

Optional tied belt for the **** of it ;)

Hm that's a very good point Philosopher, hadn't thought of that. His added value in the poll is a ****ton of accessories.

Okay for now you convinced me that the eight slot goes to ssj 2 Goku (with a ****TON of accessories) EDI: AND the ssj3 Goku mould.

I kinda feel we need a saiyan or namek character added to it. It's awfully buu era focussed. Not that that's wrong, or illogical. But I don't wanna completely sway the poll one way. (.....phrasing...)

I'm still wondeirng whether it should be multiple choice or not... I can't influence how many you can choose so yu could pick 9 out of 10 which seems ridiculous to me.

I'm still wondeirng whether it should be multiple choice or not... I can't influence how many you can choose so yu could pick 9 out of 10 which seems ridiculous to me.
This is the very reason I didn't make a poll here when I created my account. I couldn't figure out a way around this limitation (other than the honor system LOL).

The problem with the Saiyan Saga and Namek Saga is that most of the major players all have figuarts already (minus Nappa *cries*) And all we have left are Ginyu force and alternate costumes.

Like:
Saiyan saga Krillin
Namek Krillin
Namek Vegeta (interchangeable abdomen? one with shoulder pads, one without? doesn't solve the color difference though.)
kid Gohan gi
kid Gohan armor

No unique characters in this list, (well maybe kid Gohan, but that would be a 3rd Gohan if we got Saiyaman, 4th if we also got Ultimate) I think people would have a problem with that.

Unless people want Zarbon, or Siebamen (I would) I can't imagine who else would be worthy of listing other than Yamcha (which would have multiple hair pieces btw)

Lol, well said Treo!:Lol

@Philo yeah it's annoying because of that... I do kinda feel sympathy for the 'we want new characters' angle (I want zarbon too.... ugh that felt dirty to say).

But the ultimate decider is majority. My goal is to make a list of 10 that's fairly clearly the ten most wanted figures right now. Pwn's poll already did some good research on this site wjhere people could list ANYTHING and had two slots to do it, so the first 7 are undeniable. Based on all info we have.

Apart from Nappa and tien and yamcha that are hybride releases (even though cell games tien is winning now so go vote if you disagree with that!), there just doesn't seem a majority interest in the earlier sagas. And considering nobody's really speaking up about that I'm just gonna accept that as a fact.

Tien represents yamcha to an extent, and nappa has his own slot... so...

Ohw, what's also possible is adding 'More Saiyan/Namek saga release' as an option...

Is that an idea?

I forgot to mention, I would get a 100% Frieza in a heart beat. Form 2 and Form 3 I would also get, but not with the haste that I would with a 100% Fireza.

When I voted in the poll, that little footnote wasn't there yet about or other forms, so I didn't think to vote for him :(

So you'd get:

Majin Vegeta
Nappa
Tien
Trunks
Gohan
Vegito
Gotenks
Broly (because we're not sure where he's at)
Stay with Android Saga releases (16, other forms of cell etc)
More Saiyan/Namek saga releases (Saiyan/Namek Gohan, other forms of Frieza etc)

as the list to choose from... (ftr Majin Vegeta represents ssj2 goku, who the hell wants majin vegeta and not ssj2 goku?)

Maybe that's the best way about it? I actually think this may be the best line-up.

@Philo yeah it's annoying because of that... I do kinda feel sympathy for the 'we want new characters' angle (I want zarbon too.... ugh that felt dirty to say).
~
Ohw, what's also possible is adding 'More Saiyan/Namek saga release' as an option...

Is that an idea?

I just thought of a new format for Polls.

Saga Based Polls!

1. Vote for what figure you want from the individual Saga specific polls. (Saiyan Poll, Namek Poll, Andriod Poll, Movies, etc)
2. Secondary Poll that gauges the interest of each Saga's results.
3. Whatever Saga wins, the bottom character will be replaced with the Top character from the runner up Saga.

BOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I would get whatever figure they make so long as I can afford it :) So if that's 5 Gohan's, and 10 Goku's, or even if it's the red and blue orcs from hell and that farmer with a shotgun, I'll catch'em all (whoops, wrong anime :lol )

Back